PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Muellerized JIC Set-up.

bfrance
09-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been on evom intermittently, but I'm sick of all the bickering on there. I'm a dedicated autocross junky that wants to get into track days, so this board seems like a better resource. I'm looking to purchase my Evo within the next 4-6 months, (have to buy the wife's car first,) and then mod from there.

Now on to my question: I know that the RRE JIC set-up seems to be the preferred way to go, but how liveable is this for a daily driver? I live in the midwest, where the roads aren't the best by any stretch of the imagination. The stock ride is perfectly acceptable to me, even on 18's, but is the JIC set-up going to be a lot stiffer and bone-jarring? I want the best handling I can get, but I still have to daily the car.

Thanks, and I look forward to sharing info and learning as much as I can.

-Ben

GokuSSJ4
09-26-2004, 05:40 PM
try the streets of L.A , honestly the JIC's set up by John are great even for daily driven, no issues what so ever. The ride feels near stock with better handleing, if you want your evo to perform the best then email [email protected] its amazing how the car performs

Howie
09-26-2004, 09:01 PM
switch to RRE JIC's and put your 17's back on... You'll love it.

drmosh
09-27-2004, 12:48 AM
If you like to autocross, you can run 18x9's or even 18x10's, but yer definitely looking at rolling the fenders. Mueller's street tuning is really livable for daily driving...

STFU Tuning
09-27-2004, 03:52 AM
Tell Muller what you want, within reason, and you'll get it.