handle not as well as advans,but what will for the price
are much lighter 23.6lbs less rotating mass,esier to up/down shift
a bit rougher (feel more of road)maybe bacause i havnt gotten pressures correct
sets car up much differently...so far am very happy w/ my choice
if i was rich i would have stacks of advans ..but im pleased
140 each

GokuSSJ4
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
greg track with a different set of tires at the last event (im not sure if he had t1-s) but compare to the advans he was a second slower at the track.

jondukes
09-29-2004, 08:54 PM
i think they were crappy bridgestones (not potenzaz)im still planning on bustin out the RA1 ,i feel so dumb(imo)using my dailys at the track or at least i did the one time i went w/ my advanns because they need to be tip top ,so i just wanna keep em seperate
BTW greg is real interested he just needs to make appt at RRE for new clutch an d brakes hell let me know soon if hes gonna come

Chris in SD
09-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Run 40-41 psi in those T1-S (at least that's what I'm running in 245/40/18). They need more pressure than the Advans (probably due to softer sidewalls).

snoop
09-29-2004, 09:41 PM
I have TS1 on my car ans they have Weight of 98 (245/45/17 w98) while advans have weight of 93. Does that mean the side walls are stronger with higher weight?

Not sure but reason I got mine is because they are best tires for the money and sidewalls are strong. The Kummo MX have weak sidewall which is why I chose my tires.

jondukes
09-29-2004, 10:02 PM
i think more pressure would make for a stonger sidewall
the guys on nor-cal were stating there pressures and besides IMO overinflating they were saying they put more psi in the front due to more weight load up there ??anyone down here do that??

GokuSSJ4
09-30-2004, 12:17 AM
i think they were crappy bridgestones (not potenzaz)im still planning on bustin out the RA1 ,i feel so dumb(imo)using my dailys at the track or at least i did the one time i went w/ my advanns because they need to be tip top ,so i just wanna keep em seperate
BTW greg is real interested he just needs to make appt at RRE for new clutch an d brakes hell let me know soon if hes gonna come

cool glad to know he is interested, he is doing a clutch already wow!!!! he has gone mad modding the car now :lol:

Zeus
10-06-2004, 05:24 AM
I'm very happy with the T1-S also... my 2 gripes are the softer side walls (show me another dedicated street tire that isn't softer), and they are noisy as hell at the limit of adhesion... whether cornering or braking. Ultimate grip is very good, with traction in the wet reaching phenomenal. I have to "slow down" to 75-80 mph when water is standing on the road (disclaimer: your and idiot to drive at those speeds on a public road, in the wet/rain). Wear is very impressive after over 5k miles, as there are still a few rubber "molding tits" still on the shoulders, with no real notable wear in the tread.

Howie
10-06-2004, 10:55 AM
i have these tires, and for the price they are a great street tire. It does take a bit of breaking in before they get grippy though. I remember the first 500 miles felt like ass.. i was screetching through every hard turn. The advans rarely made that loud a screetch.

Guack007
10-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Whats the treadware on these?

GReddy_917
10-06-2004, 01:27 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2169