PDA

View Full Version : Tein Flex Weird Noise

Muramasa
09-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Got the Tien flex installed by Rob. Besides the mouse squeaks from the shocks on every dip, theres a weird metal tapping/cracking/stretching noise. It doesn't occur on every dip and from the drivers side, if sounds like its comming from the front passenger side or center. Im not sure where but its a weird sound. What do you guys think it is?? I have no idea.

ultraflip
09-29-2004, 09:47 PM
have you checked to make sure that everything has been tightened down? have you gotten your alignment done yet?

Muramasa
09-30-2004, 09:35 AM
No alignment yet, but theres this weird sound. I thought it was the downpipe hitting the cusco bars but after a while it doesnt sound like it. I looked at the umm.. for nuts on top that have the hex screw. They were a bit loose so I tightened that, not sure if thats going to help or not. Theres a big huge nut thats below the damper adjustment. I dont have a tool to check if thats loose or not but that shouldnt be loose right?

GReddy_917
09-30-2004, 12:52 PM
im having the same problem with my Zeals....I already had the car aligned and had the guy look at it...but he said it was just "normal coilover noise" .... I dont believe him and Im taking my car to WORKS this saturday so they can check it out....ill let you know what they say.

GokuSSJ4
09-30-2004, 01:10 PM
some times you will get noises from coilovers, it happen to me when i had Teins w/pillow bolt mounts on my previous car.

GReddySetGO
09-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Try to find out exactly where the noise is coming from. I have the exact same problem with my Tein FLEX. On my front passenger side, I would get a rattle noise when I went over bumps/dips. I lifted the car up to find out where it was coming from, it turns out the top spring seat is moving. This seat should not be able to move, there should be constant pressure applied to it by the spring. Tein offers a 1yr warrenty and they're going to fix it tomorrow :) Find out exactly where your problem is and maybe you can get it fixed.

Muramasa
10-01-2004, 10:44 AM
HOw do u tell and know if the top spring seat is moving?? I think the normal mouse squeaks are normal but theres that noise that sounds weird. Its only from the passenger front side too.

Also what is everyones damper settings??

Muellerized...
10-01-2004, 11:14 AM
HOw do u tell?

These noises are not normal, and this is why there are professional shops in socal that specialize in installing suspensions properly the first time.

Muramasa
10-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Do you guys do alignment? and open saturdays?

GokuSSJ4
10-01-2004, 12:22 PM
for an appointment and more info email [email protected]

Muramasa
10-01-2004, 12:36 PM
I have no complaints about the install. I'm just wondering what is the cause of the noise. How long do the mouse squeaks last?

Coolguy949
10-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Try to find out exactly where the noise is coming from. I have the exact same problem with my Tein FLEX. On my front passenger side, I would get a rattle noise when I went over bumps/dips. I lifted the car up to find out where it was coming from, it turns out the top spring seat is moving. This seat should not be able to move, there should be constant pressure applied to it by the spring. Tein offers a 1yr warrenty and they're going to fix it tomorrow :) Find out exactly where your problem is and maybe you can get it fixed.

It appears the spec sheet for the TEINs are off. If you adjust it to their measurements, the two front springs dont have any preload and just sit there with about a 1/4" of gap. We tried adding some preload at the shop, maybe not enough on the passengers side. I'll have to call TEIN about it.

BoostLE
10-01-2004, 12:51 PM
It's nothing another 1/8" of preload won't fix Muramasa. See you in the morning for Pizza and Tein's!

Muramasa
10-01-2004, 12:53 PM
yay pizza! Can we have something else besides bacon and pineapples. That tasted kinda weird.

EvoVIII
10-01-2004, 03:06 PM
is normal to have noise, mine is noise too sometimes, the softer ur setting is, the noiser it gets

GokuSSJ4
10-01-2004, 04:27 PM
yay pizza! Can we have something else besides bacon and pineapples. That tasted kinda weird.whats wrong with canadian bacon and pineapples :? :lol: