PDA

View Full Version : ARC Induction Box

EVO8 SD
10-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I am debating to buy an arc induction box or the injen intake w/ the ic piping . Anyone know which one is a better choice of the two ? :?:

jondukes
10-04-2004, 03:48 PM
IMO ARC is much better than the injen ,the only injen advantage is you get the upper piping,still i would wrather get the ARC and replace my own piping
question for ARC owners does it retain/do away with intercooler spray tank??

EvoFan
10-04-2004, 04:12 PM
question for ARC owners does it retain/do away with intercooler spray tank??[/quote]

Direct bolt on...still retain spray tank..

gofaster87
10-04-2004, 04:15 PM
The ARC intake is too much money to be spending on just an intake filter. At least with the injen youre getting an intake pipe and an intercooler pipe. Theyre both 380.00. Try giving RNR a call and ask for the cold air intake system, you can see it in my pic and Im sure they make it for the stock turbo.

leaveit2bevo
10-04-2004, 04:16 PM
aps cai stop sucking in hot air

jondukes
10-04-2004, 04:23 PM
but the only place to get it is GAYSTORM lol..lol

leaveit2bevo
10-04-2004, 04:24 PM
you dont have to get it installed there though.

kipper215
10-04-2004, 04:25 PM
injen is the better deal. myevostore.com has the lowest price for it. you keep the stock battery. you get polished hardpipe from intercooler to intake manifold. you can pay more if you want to, but why?

500whp
10-04-2004, 04:38 PM
The ARC intake is too much money to be spending on just an intake filter. At least with the injen youre getting an intake pipe and an intercooler pipe. Theyre both 380.00. Try giving RNR a call and ask for the cold air intake system, you can see it in my pic and Im sure they make it for the stock turbo.

Hows the BR coils?? when i called MSD they said that the stock design is already very good! why did u change the coils? did you see any gains from it?

GokuSSJ4
10-04-2004, 06:57 PM
he is like Robi a Buschur whore :lol:
unless some else makes them as well :?

ultraflip
10-04-2004, 06:59 PM

Direct bolt on...still retain spray tank..[/quote]

i've got the ARC box... it's a really sexi box... it does not do away with the intercooler spray tank... it is a direct bolt on... pm me for pix

GokuSSJ4
10-04-2004, 07:05 PM

Direct bolt on...still retain spray tank..

i've got the ARC box... it's a really sexi box... it does not do away with the intercooler spray tank... it is a direct bolt on... pm me for pix[/quote]

do you know if you are able to use Buschur UICP ??

500whp
10-04-2004, 07:06 PM
http://www.500whp.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=88_26_28&products_id=224

here u go a picture!

gofaster87
10-05-2004, 01:19 AM

Hows the BR coils?? when i called MSD they said that the stock design is already very good! why did u change the coils? did you see any gains from it?

When wanting to run 550 to 600 whp its always a good idea to upgrade the ignition system. I put it in as insurance before I dynoed the car. The stock coils are great but probably not good enough for 2.5 to 3 times the stock power.

500whp
10-05-2004, 01:23 AM

When wanting to run 550 to 600 whp its always a good idea to upgrade the ignition system. I put it in as insurance before I dynoed the car. The stock coils are great but probably not good enough for 2.5 to 3 times the stock power.

i understand about upgrading ur ignition, ie HKS Twin Power, or others, but the way the coils works... is 4 coils better than the stock design thats what im asking =)

STFU Tuning
10-05-2004, 03:30 AM

i understand about upgrading ur ignition, ie HKS Twin Power, or others, but the way the coils works... is 4 coils better than the stock design thats what im asking =)

I just got the same setup. They are motorcycle coils. Think about it. They have to be able to charge much faster than our stockers. Much more reliable setup for big power. Also, the AEM CDI is the way to go.