PDA

View Full Version : greddy turbo timer install questions / other timers

toku-one
10-05-2004, 03:06 PM
i have a TT with no booklet (and the .pdf from the greddy link is broken)
so i have two questions

1) is there a way to install/rewire without it disabling your keyless entry?
2) what wire do i connect to the speed sensor wire?

it works on p-1 and p-2 for now.

do other turbo timers not have any issues?

VicMarsal
10-05-2004, 09:09 PM
call greddy www.greddy.com hrs. 9-6 mon-fri. ask for Kenji or anyone in R&D

toku-one
10-05-2004, 11:59 PM
i switched the blue and green wire on the 3 plug part and that made it so i could use the keyless entry while the car is still timing down. but as soon as it shuts off it doesnt work again.

mr0072003
10-06-2004, 07:18 AM
I used the HKS type ) with harness and there was no need to disable the keyless entry function...

Doc Jeremiah
10-06-2004, 08:43 AM
I got the Greddy one also. We were not able to find the speed wire, but I got p-1 and p-2 working.

toku-one
10-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Doc Jeremiah - im pretty sure the speed sensor wire is the purple one off the timer. its got that extra two prong plug, brown wire is for e-brake and purple is for speed sensor. or at least im pretty sure. havent had a chance to try it out yet.

does your keyless entry work?

mr0072003 - hks type with hks harness or hks type with greddy harness?

mr0072003
10-06-2004, 04:55 PM
HKS type 0 with HKS harness, but i Have heared that you can use teh HKS harness with thte Greddy TT. I heared that the Greddy harness cuase the car almost shutoff, before the TT kicks in vs the HKS, as where it is seamless when HKS TT kicks in.....some used the HKS harness on the Greddy TT, to correct the alsmost dieing issue......might wnat to do some research on that to confirm though, try evom.....or someone can confirm this for me.

toku-one
10-06-2004, 05:06 PM
mr0072003 - the hiccup/almost shut off bug is an easy fix.

out of the timer is a red, blue, and green wire (and optional purple and brown. purple for speed, brown for brake). red is 12v. blue and green do gu1 and gu2, dont know which is which. after the 3 prong connection where the unit gets a ground wire there again is a red, blue, and green. you switch the green and blue and everything is fine.

its also the fix for the keyless entry. i had just blown a fuse when i thought i was grounding the stereo (apparently i have no stereo ground) so thats why it was no longer functioning except for when the car was on.

getting the clock/interior light/trip odometer/key less entry/radio fuse out of the yellow guard they put on it in the engine bay fuse box is a whole other treat.

mr0072003
10-06-2004, 06:40 PM
I almost got the Greddy TT, but after all this I am glad I went with HKS. See you at the meet

magicninja
11-05-2004, 03:55 PM
I got the Greddy auto timer and it works fine. Used a 99 eclipse wire harness to install it and have had no problem with keyless or anything else for that matter. RRE had an ECU diagram on line; I used it to find the correct wire to tape on the ECU for the speed signal.

And the pdf on Greddy works fine for me. http://www.greddy.com/tech/FATURBO_TIMER.pdf

EVO Neil
11-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Good info guys, thanks.