PDA

View Full Version : how to remove swirl marks??

vroomevo
10-07-2004, 06:48 PM
any good products out there to remove swirl marks on the car?
howz mcguielar(sp?) products?
thanks advance for the reply

Tarmac02
10-08-2004, 06:54 AM
Mequiars....

Wash car

Claybar

Scratch X

NXT Tech Wax

Absinthe
10-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Buy white car....

EVOate909
10-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Buy white car....

:lol:

mothers clay bar worked fine wen i had a black EG

gofaster87
10-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Mequire's machine glaze with black 3M foam pad. It will take out every single swirl mark but requires a bit of experience with a buffer and some patience.

rino
10-18-2004, 09:37 PM
You guys are putting too much stuff on your car, I think i'll try the claybar stuff only. I don't have money for all that stuff.

Boosted
10-19-2004, 01:26 PM
just use a handfull of sand and make them blend in

nurb2
10-19-2004, 01:37 PM
You guys are putting too much stuff on your car, I think i'll try the claybar stuff only. I don't have money for all that stuff.

Claybar will not take out swirl marks.

-nurb2-

DTunedEvoX
10-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah clay bar is for removal of contaminants (deep dirt/Sap/bird shizzle) ...

gofaster87
10-19-2004, 03:12 PM

I worked at a restoration shop a while back and the method I mentioned above is the only real way to remove swirl marks. You can fill in some of them with use of alot of wax but its only a temp fix.

snoop
10-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Zaino is best look at these pics. They also have swirl remover product.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos/spikesturbo.htm

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos/bams330cic.htm

nurb2
10-19-2004, 04:11 PM
Zaino will not remove swirl marks. It will cover extremely light marks for awhile, that's it. Don't believe the hype.

-nurb2-

CT9A RS
11-03-2004, 05:24 PM
check out some Bimmer forums. I met a guy with a black E46 M3. Not the cosmos black but the straight black one. He got some stuff from Germany or something. You got to buff it out but it does wonders. When i met him he only had time to do the hood before the meet. So u could see the difference between the hood n the rest of the car. The car was mad swirly but his hood was clear like glass.

-Serge B.

highenuff14
11-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Is this stuff any good?

http://www.premiumautocare.com/3mswirmarrem1.html

ultraflip
01-31-2005, 09:07 PM
bringing this thread back to life...

i've got MAD swirl marks all over my car... does anyone have any valid suggestions as to remove these swirl marks from the car?

thanks!
flip

gofaster87
01-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Read above, I mentioned the right way to do it.

Boosted
01-31-2005, 09:56 PM
I think zaino is a great product, but its temporary as well as the NXT tech wax and clay bar'ing. For best results I would say to take the time and effort, if you ahve the courage and wet sand your car then go over it iwth some really fine polishing compound with a dual action orbital buffer

gofaster87
01-31-2005, 10:12 PM
I think zaino is a great product, but its temporary as well as the NXT tech wax and clay bar'ing. For best results I would say to take the time and effort, if you ahve the courage and wet sand your car then go over it iwth some really fine polishing compound with a dual action orbital buffer

Theres no way to remove all swirl marks with hand wax unless theres only a few light ones. There is no need to wet sand a car, this is reserved for taking out orange peel for the most part and will make the clear coat that much thinner. The clear coat is pretty thin as I have found from experimenting on my stock trunk. If youre not experienced do not wet sand and buff because most people will burn through their paint job especially on the Evo. As I mentioned before Meguirs machine glaze and a 3m foam pad on a speed adjustable buffer(not the orbital buffers you get from pep boys or target) does wonders if youre really serious about removing all your swirl marks. A cheap and decent buffer can be bought from Harbor Freight for 60 dollars, otherwise Makita, Snap on, and Dewalt sell nice ones that range from 200-400. My suggestions are meant for those that are serious about detailing and want to take care of their paint. I, myself, get lazy and tend not to go through this process all the time.

BabyBlueDragon19
02-02-2005, 12:39 AM
First off u need to be using a CHAMOI to dry off ur car especially in the shade if u wash your car in the sun then dry it the u make more swirls so DO IT IN THE SHADE! ok once my car is dry then i use MOTHERS SHOWROOM SHINE I spray like a lil 2 to 3 foot portion of the car and clay it i use CLAY MAGIC FINE GRADE the clay bar cause it removes like harsh contaminants and bug crap and when im done with a portion i clean it up with a MICROFIBER CLOTH , once im done doing that process then i polish it and i use MEGUIARS DEEP CRYSTAL POLISH now this stuff tends to really fade out those nasty lookin swirls i go over my car twice since i have a black evo once again do like a 2 to 3 foot area at a time and remove the polish with a micro fiber cloth, then i use MEGUIARS NXT TECH WAX to give it that dope super shine and the swirls are like basically gone i mean youll still see one here and the but not as bad as B4 and i use a microfiber cloth to remove that and im done with the whole car :shock: i do this like every other month

Boosted
02-02-2005, 12:49 AM
nxt tech wax is good shit but it wont remove swirl marks there is no permenant solution for swirl marks other than having your car repainted every other day

CT9A RS
02-02-2005, 03:36 AM
yeah when u get to that point sand down to the paint and reclear it. Or strip it to the metal and repaint it.

BMan
02-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Mequire's makes Swirl Mark Remover. That is the name and that is what it does, promise. Use a diaper (clean only) and you will be impressed.