PDA

View Full Version : HB Mitsu denied my warranty due to my car alarm

Skiracer
10-11-2004, 09:34 PM
I went to HB Mitsu today for a Service Engine Soon light, and they diagnosed it as the 0300 Random Engine misfire code. They then claimed that my car alarm which has a remote start feature has a "spliced" wire going to the coil which "could" be the cause of my 0300 error code and that has voided my warranty. The tech wrote on my service write up "WARRANTY VOIDED". WTF is that all about???? I thought HB Mitsubishi understands better than other dealers about the effects of aftermarket products on cars. And, what the heck does my remote start have to do with the 0300 error code? This is a very widely known problems with Evo's and now they're blaming my car alarm?

grico42
10-11-2004, 09:44 PM
that sucks ass man!

Tarmac02
10-11-2004, 09:50 PM
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

clearly states why no dealership can void your warranty or deny warranty coverage without proving the mod caused the defect... it's extortion

Buddy of mine getting his STi checked for a prob mentioned the Magnuson Moss Act after the service bonehead stated they wouldn't cover it because of his TBE and FMIC. Once he mentioned it they pretty much asked how soon he wanted his vehicle back and fixed.

IMO that should be stickied

Boosted
10-11-2004, 09:51 PM
damn dude.. fucking mitsu

ultraflip
10-11-2004, 09:53 PM
that's nuts!!! did you talk to doug out there? he maybe coulda helped you out

Skiracer
10-11-2004, 09:56 PM
that's nuts!!! did you talk to doug out there? he maybe coulda helped you out

I did talk to Doug. He was the one who wrote my service ticket. He didn't charge me anything for the diagnosis and they currently said i have the latest reflash available from my previous reflash from Santa Monica Mitsu about a month ago. However, i might have a problem in the future if a new reflash is available and they might charge me for it.

EVOate909
10-11-2004, 10:09 PM
wtf??!! :x

Coolguy949
10-11-2004, 10:12 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????

Skiracer
10-11-2004, 10:20 PM
So am i now blacklisted among all the dealers or just HB Mitsu?

Terenus
10-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Yup, you're pretty fucked. Try writing to MMNA.

moogle
10-12-2004, 12:34 AM
HUH? Are you sure? I went on to Hb mitsu with turbo-back, intake, MBC, 272 exhaust cam, lowered, and he didn't care. He did tell me if you change your clutch your screwed... Do you have aftermarket clutch?

Which tech did your car. I can probably talk to one of the techs and ask what happen. I go there so many times they never gave me trouble.

Dude there's got to be more than just that alarm that cause the p0300, and his doug he don't give a shit. But I don't know the master-tech been telling me spies do come every week to check on abuses.

moogle
10-12-2004, 12:36 AM
So am i now blacklisted among all the dealers or just HB Mitsu?

Your blacklisted among all mitsu dealers, no more free work.

nijikon5
10-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Honestly.. That is FUCKING homo.. I guess we can't even trust HB mitsu anymore?

Skiracer
10-12-2004, 06:29 AM
HUH? Are you sure? I went on to Hb mitsu with turbo-back, intake, MBC, 272 exhaust cam, lowered, and he didn't care. He did tell me if you change your clutch your screwed... Do you have aftermarket clutch?

Which tech did your car. I can probably talk to one of the techs and ask what happen. I go there so many times they never gave me trouble.

Dude there's got to be more than just that alarm that cause the p0300, and his doug he don't give a shit. But I don't know the master-tech been telling me spies do come every week to check on abuses.

I PM'd you and i have a stock clutch.

Skiracer
10-12-2004, 09:46 AM
I just spoke with Matt in service. He said the warranty in my car is not void and if i go back to them in the future for an updated reflash, it should be free. They just have to make a note on the svc ticket that their is a spliced wire and Doug had to make a "disclaimer" to me that i "might" be charged if i go to another dealer for the reflash. They also make notes about damages to the car from previous accidents. Hey Matt if you're watching this board, thanks for clearing it up.

leaveit2bevo
10-12-2004, 12:21 PM
wtf now im confused so they didnt void your warranty?

mr0072003
10-12-2004, 12:35 PM
yeah I am lost too......these mother fers though.....this warranty stuff is freaking me out....hopefully my car will last the entier warretny without any issues.

Skiracer
10-12-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm confused myself. I don't have the service write up yet that had in handwriting "warranty void" since they had a power outtage that day. I have to wait till i get a fax copy of the service write up to confirm what they said on the phone with me this morning is true or not.

Chris in SD
10-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Get a letter from them, even one not on HB Mitsu letterhead, that states what Matt told you. Anything in writing will CYA.

Skiracer
10-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Matt at HB Mitsu faxed me the "Vehicle Warranty Coverage" sheet from Mitsu's corporate database for my car. According to the sheet, everything on my car is still under warranty. I still don't know why the tech who did the reflash on my car wrote on the service ticket "warranty voided". :?:

RaysurX
10-14-2004, 06:22 PM
I have a feeling that HB is just getting tooo many warranty claims. Yes, this is no excuse to STRICTLY attempt to void warranties but it seems like all the good word of mouth about is killing their service department becuase more people are bringing thier cars in.

This is just a theory in my opinion... and my assumption is that they do loose money on warranty claims because of lost revenue on other normally billed work being pushed back. My understanding is that MMSA has a standard matrix for reimbursement and that may not always mirror the dealer's pricing matrices for labor etc etc.

Did Doug say the MMSA Rep voided it? or himself? Just curious.

Skiracer
10-14-2004, 06:43 PM
On the service write up ticket, someone either the tech or Doug wrote on it "warranty void". But a few days later, Matt faxed me a copy from Mitsu's corporate computers on my warranty status and everything is still under warranty as far as Mitsu corporate goes.

jondukes
10-14-2004, 07:18 PM
skiracer that sucks bad
for future reference i can pull codes so no need to go to mits.
until you really need to

Skiracer
10-14-2004, 07:25 PM
I'd be more than happy to take you up on your offer, but you live helluva far away. What device are you using to pull codes and where can i buy one?

jondukes
10-14-2004, 07:31 PM
i go to the west la meets every week,i brought that filter last week hoping youd be there, i can get you a CREADER from my work for 40$