PDA

View Full Version : RS type trunk bar

Gear Grinder
10-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Met a guy at the west LA meet this past week who wanted me to fab up a RS type trunk bar, but do to extreem short term memory loss, I forgot his name and screen name. :oops:
Anyway, if you read this your trunk bar is done.

leaveit2bevo
10-14-2004, 09:49 PM
anything with fabing was probally mark gt40

Evo-8
10-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Met a guy at the west LA meet this past week who wanted me to fab up a RS type trunk bar, but do to extreem short term memory loss, I forgot his name and screen name. :oops:
Anyway, if you read this your trunk bar is done.

hey how much do ya want for a trunk bar? I'm interested.

jondukes
10-15-2004, 12:05 AM
that was me jon i was goona call you, thanks for being so cool,are you gonna be at the next west la meet? if not ill meet up elsewhere ,ill pm my #

toku-one
10-15-2004, 12:31 AM
if you dont mind making another one ill take one too

GokuSSJ4
10-15-2004, 12:40 AM
that was me jon i was goona call you, thanks for being so cool,are you gonna be at the next west la meet? if not ill meet up elsewhere ,ill pm my #

harbor freights is paying off :wink:

jondukes
10-15-2004, 03:56 PM
not enough, i have to sell myself on the side just for my insurance let alone mods

Gear Grinder
10-15-2004, 06:07 PM
hey how much do ya want for a trunk bar? I'm interested.
You know I'm kind of interested in your blacked out head lights and MR tails. maybe we could work somthing out.

Gear Grinder
10-15-2004, 06:19 PM
if you dont mind making another one ill take one too
I tell you what, there are a number of different ways that it can be configured. if you can make it to the west LA meet next week, we could figure out how you want it made. I'll also bring two different examples. They are all going to be made from extruded rectangular aluminum tubing 3/4x1 1/2 with 1/8 wall thickness.
let me know if I should show up or not.

Gear Grinder
10-17-2004, 03:56 PM
attempt at posting a picture of the new trunk bar.

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album284&id=MVC_841F&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php
http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album284&id=MVC_837F&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Evo-8
10-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Here u go buddy.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album284/MVC_841F.jpg
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album284/MVC_837F.jpg

About working something out. How about I trade u the headlight mod for the bar and $40 lemme know if it sounds fair.

Gear Grinder
10-17-2004, 04:12 PM
:banghead:

I will not post f...n pictures.
Thank you.
It sounds more than fair. I was going to sell them for $35 all hardware included. I just sold one to jondukes. I want to see how the holes line up before I make anymore.
Also I've heard how crazy you drive. :wink: Maybe we should look in to something a little stronger.

Evo-8
10-17-2004, 05:48 PM
:banghead:

Thank you.
It sounds more than fair. I was going to sell them for $35 all hardware included. I just sold one to jondukes. I want to see how the holes line up before I make anymore.
Also I've heard how crazy you drive. :wink: Maybe we should look in to something a little stronger.

lol. Stronger sounds good. Make whatever u think is best and we have a deal.
Actually im in the process of making a new set of blacked out lights. Just finished sealing the first one.

leaveit2bevo
10-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I want to see one at wla meet.

jondukes
10-18-2004, 01:29 AM
ill have it installed tomarrow its really nice though from what i can see,anyone wanting to hit some corners at the meet is more than welcome to cruise,it is way better than any rs bar time to change the name Danny,"Danny special anti-flex device" YEAH!!!

Gear Grinder
10-18-2004, 07:05 AM
ill have it installed tomarrow its really nice though from what i can see,anyone wanting to hit some corners at the meet is more than welcome to cruise,it is way better than any rs bar time to change the name Danny,"Danny special anti-flex device" YEAH!!!
my disclaimer: this is just an improvement on the RS bar designed by Mitsubishi. It's quite possable that it has as much effect as the "Vortex Generator" also designed by Mitsubishi. I'm going to do a flex test soon using a dial indicator that registers the maximum movement before and after the install. I just have to come up with some kind of reliable jig.

I will probably come to the WLA meet tonight unless it's raining.

Thanks for the service manual Jon. too cool.

Evo-8
10-18-2004, 12:25 PM
my disclaimer: this is just an improvement on the RS bar designed by Mitsubishi. It's quite possable that it has as much effect as the "Vortex Generator" also designed by Mitsubishi. I'm going to do a flex test soon using a dial indicator that registers the maximum movement before and after the install. I just have to come up with some kind of reliable jig.

I will probably come to the WLA meet tonight unless it's raining.

Thanks for the service manual Jon. too cool.

rain or shine come anyway

Gear Grinder
10-18-2004, 08:02 PM
rain or shine come anyway
I'll come up some other night this week.

Gear Grinder
10-24-2004, 06:04 PM
for sure I'm coming this monday shine or shine.

Evo-8
10-26-2004, 12:38 AM
thanks for the bar! Looked good. I wouldn't care if it was hot pink with white polka dots. I wanted it for function not form. Lemme know when ur ready for the headlights.

toku-one
10-26-2004, 01:17 AM
i took pics to pimp your bar

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album313/bracebare.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album313/bracecovered.jpg

Gear Grinder
10-26-2004, 06:46 AM
hot pink with white polka dots.
what a great idea. from now on every thing I make will be hot pink w/ white polkadots.

It will be a couple of weeks for sure. I want to get all current projects done first.

Thanks for the computer advise.
:oops:

Gear Grinder
10-26-2004, 06:50 AM
i took pics to pimp your bar

Nice pics, thanks.

Especially thanks for the boost guage, and stickers. I deffinately got the better end of that deal.

gofaster87
10-26-2004, 08:42 PM
I saw the bar last night as well and its really clean. Very nice welds and for you bling guys its really easy to polish.

jeansandjacks
10-26-2004, 09:28 PM
do you notice any difference in handeling?

toku-one
10-27-2004, 12:45 AM
its raining, i have 4 rotors, a computer, tool box, and about 25lbs of other crap in my trunk...

so id have to say i havent really had the time to do anything that may even show me any difference.
im sure mitsu has some sort of write up to prove why they put the bar in the RS though.

Gear Grinder
10-27-2004, 06:37 AM
its raining, i have 4 rotors, a computer, tool box, and about 25lbs of other crap in my trunk...

so id have to say i havent really had the time to do anything that may even show me any difference.
im sure mitsu has some sort of write up to prove why they put the bar in the RS though.
I found a quote from a artical in rssportscar.com:
"Lancer Evolution RS - A Race-Ready Rally Car

If the lightweight, turbocharged, all-wheel-drive Lancer Evolution was not the right car for you, then the Lancer Evolution RS is even less right. But for racing purists, compact car tuners and hard-core driving enthusiasts, the best bang-for-the-buck sports sedan just got better. Thanks to numerous weight-saving measures, the Lancer Evolution RS tips the scales nearly 150 pounds lighter than the Lancer Evolution. Its featherweight status notwithstanding, the RS has also been blessed with quicker reflexes: a front helical-type limited slip differential and a rear crossbar help to improve the handling of one of the world's best-handling automobiles."

leaveit2bevo
10-27-2004, 10:30 AM
why put a bend in it though?

Evo-8
10-27-2004, 10:31 AM
looks like our GSR's are now blessed as well eh grinder?

PS whats your real name?

gofaster87
10-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Hey Abtin whats your real name?

Evo-8
10-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Hey Abtin whats your real name?

My real name is Sam

Gear Grinder
10-27-2004, 06:44 PM
why put a bend in it though?
I wanted to contour as close to the back of the trunk without removing any of the trunk lining.

leaveit2bevo
10-27-2004, 10:46 PM
i c