PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear Eagle F1's GS-D3

grico42
10-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Has any other Evo owners ran these tires on their car. They are supposed to have nice wet/dry and nice tread wear just wondering if anyone had these. If not im probably going toyo T1-S's, but thought i would ask anyways.

nurb2
10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
I had them on my RSX. Good tire for that car but the sidewall is pretty soft .... I don't think they'd be good on the Evo if you plan on driving it hard in the twisties. There is someone on here who has them on their Evo though ... can't remember who.

-nurb2-

grico42
10-21-2004, 12:06 AM
cool deal. ya ill probalby go with toyo's just wanted to see if anyone had experience with them.

nijikon5
10-21-2004, 02:28 AM
Nynguah had them i believe.

Nynguah
10-23-2004, 06:20 PM
I had a set for a while - nice tires. The grip was nice, and the treadwear was awesome. I ripped a hole in one, and would have gone with another set of F1s, but nobody had them in stock. They obviously have less grip than the Advans, but I had almost 30K miles on them, and was very impressed.

I'd recommend them to anyone, although the sidewall is a little bit soft, which can make aggresive corners a little bit sloppier. If you're looking to do daily commuting, and occasional weekend warrior duty, these rock out. Long lasting, high gripping, comfortably predictable, and daily drivable - enjoy!

-Josh

kaisho99
10-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah I have them on as well.

Pretty much agree with all Nynguah said. Though I'll add they are very good in the rain (not that it matter that much to us). But last week or so when we had all those bad rains I was extremely confident at freeway speed+ with those tires. It was kinda scary to have that much traction when it pouring so hard. :D

Overall if you want to daily drive they are awesome, treadwear is such they should last a hellofa long time. Tracking they would be so-so. Occasional tofu runs they are just fine in my experience. errr...I mean.....what I hear from others that run tofo...of course. :P

Boosted
10-25-2004, 05:11 PM
hey kaisho where in RSM do you live?

kaisho99
10-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Next to Tijeras Creek GC