PDA

View Full Version : Potenza RE750 question

WOT
10-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Are there any evo's owners out there with experience of this tire?

I know the RE750 isnt the best tire out there, I am trying to balance tire life vs. performance.

My other tire consideration if the F1 GS-D3.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Absinthe
10-22-2004, 02:00 PM
if you are looking for Cost/perf/tread wear check Kumho MX similar tread patern to SO3's but way cheaper.

WOT
10-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Hey Dave-

Thanks for your input.

Based only from what I have read on tire rack & 1010 tire, the wear & tire noise ratings are excessive in comaprison for the kumho MX, which make me a bit hesitant.

although the Kumho's are way cheaper. I am trying to get ahold of some old colleagues to get a deal on the goodyears (nascar) Bridgestones (IRL/CART).

I will see what pans out. Either way, I am keeping my eyes open as the inside shoulders/thread is nearly gone on all 4 tires.....oem alignment too!

Absinthe
10-22-2004, 02:40 PM
as you know thats the trade off for tire wear, also with noise being the issue ignore my PM.

If you are really looking for quiet what about Yokohama Avs Db2's? no idea what they cost but I have an audiophile friend that wont drive anything else.

Hallster
11-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Im running these in 255s on my Enkei RPF1's. I've had them for more than 1000 miles now. I like em. I went with these for the following reasons:
-symetrical tread pattern(i can run massive neg front camber then flip the fronts when they wear)
-decent wet and dry traction
-good treadwear - 320
-wider than stock

My impressions:
-way better ride than stock Yokes
-need to let the tires warm up before you really push the car(Dukes of Hazard if not)
-not as agressive as Yokes, but worth the compromise
-good in the rain
-good dry handling

Overall, I really like these tires. When the tires are warm, I have just as much with these tires, as I did the Yokes.

Hope that helps...

Hallster