PDA

View Full Version : AEBS?

Chris in SD
10-30-2004, 08:42 AM
While reading about Paul Walker's Skyline in SCC, it said he got most of the work done at AEBS (Advanced Engine Breathing Systems) here in SD. Has anyone ever used them or worked with them?

I am looking to do a full Tomei cams/cam gears/valvetrain setup and they are the US Tomei distributors. I figured it would kill 2 birds with one stone. You would think their work would be top-notch, but I haven't heard anything about them.

Please, no RRE junkies - they are already going to get a lot of work when the Quaife and ATS clutch show up...

sr20
10-30-2004, 09:50 AM
they have been around in the import scene for a while now. Very good shop in my opinion.

leaveit2bevo
10-30-2004, 10:28 AM
paul walkers car made shit for horsepower being a brand new tomei long block and bigger twin turbo set up

GokuSSJ4
10-30-2004, 11:31 AM
they been around , they have one of the fastest drag cars out there. Tama_mog use to take his evo there, now he takes it to RRE. Talk to Tam he has a set of Tomei cams 270/270 11.5mm lift for sale not sure about the valvetrain doh, im sure he can get it for you. Im not sure how much knowledge they have on working with the 4g63. Remember some shops specialize in working with a certain type of cars. I rather go to some one that does 4g63's all they long then all different types. More experience in working with it, then some one that doesn't do it all the time (an no Chris!! no RRE announcement from me :roll:)

tama_mog
10-30-2004, 06:20 PM
in short.....please no....nothin against bill or paulace there....but ....no. Take your car to road race Chris. Talk to me about the tomei parts.

Knower
10-30-2004, 06:22 PM
They are a honduh shop with a honduh mentality. I helped tama_mog salvage his car from that clusterfuck place and get it brought up to Road Race Service (4g63.com) to get built and then tuned by that one shop next door :lol:

In all seriousness, though, talk to tama_mog. He had two friends working there who were going to help with his car and then the top guy they have he PAID to disassemble his car and start building the motor. The guy took apart the motor and then refused to do any of the rest of the work on it and wouldn't refund any of the money. Then they fired one of tama_mog's friends and the owner of the whole place told tama_mog to get his car out of his shop even though it was in pieces and they sprayed packing foam all over it's side and wouldn't take responsibility for that either.

Stay far, far away.

tama_mog
10-30-2004, 06:27 PM
the truth hurts heh.

Chris in SD
10-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like RRE will get my engine work, too...

Chris in SD
11-02-2004, 04:57 PM
We actually buy a lot of Tomei parts so if you need some engine work done let me know. We have installed all the parts you mentioned several times.

Thanks for the heads-up Ryan! I'd rather do it closer to home, too.