PDA

View Full Version : South Bay EVO Owners -- want to meet???

Richard EVO
10-31-2004, 08:03 AM
I live in Redondo Beach. I have seen a number of EVOs in Torrance and other South Bay cities. Do you guys want to set up a monthly meet? Thanks!

Tuskegee666
10-31-2004, 10:00 AM
I live in redondo as well as you but im in the process of deciding whether or not to buy an evo but i have seen your car around

Richard EVO
10-31-2004, 11:03 AM
I spent a long time deciding between the EVO and the STi. I test drove each one twice, talked to lots of owners of both at the racetrack while I still had my 350Z, and hung around on evolutionm.net and the STi website.

For me, it came down to price ($26,100 for a new '04 EVO RS -- can't touch an STI for anywhere near that), better handling, shootouts have seen EVO nose out STi in performance, and, maybe most important, the "cool" factor. I get the sense that STi's are for techno nerds with pocket protectors. There is just something about the EVO, I can't tell you what it is, but I know it when I see it. Finally, the RS is a stripped model, better for modding. Subaru has nothing like the RS.

IS2000
10-31-2004, 11:30 PM
I don't live in South Bay but I'm willing to go for a meet there.
Starbucks on Anza ave. seems to be a good spot. There's an S2K meet on Thursday night and WRX meet on friday.

apexstrafer
11-01-2004, 11:02 AM
redondo here too. I sometimes hit up the west LA meets (see thread) which for me is local enough. good turnout, fun crowd. I don't know if there are enough evos in the south bay to have much of a meet... maybe more will chime in. in the meantime, might as well join us in WLA.

go4broke
11-01-2004, 12:58 PM
gardena here....but i tell people i live in torrance cuz i went to north high hehe anyways i'm down to meet after i actually buy an evo...which will be this weekend...hopefully.....

leaveit2bevo
11-01-2004, 12:58 PM
just come to wla!!

ultraflip
11-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Im down for a south bay meet... Bout time long beach gets into the game... Hahaha

Richard EVO
11-01-2004, 04:56 PM
I'm gonna try to make it to the West L.A. meet tonight at 8:00 at the In 'n' Out at Lincoln & Washington. If any other South Bay EVO owners are there, we can talk about a South Bay meet. See you there.

Ralliartpnoi
11-03-2004, 01:28 AM
im in carson, im one of the evos in the torrance area mini meets..its not really organized. we just met up cuz we see each others cars. some of us are close and meet up tho. every evo that i meet, i usually am nice and talk to them. i was hoping to make the mini-meet more organized but it didnt work out lol. i do have the numbers of evo owners that i talked to before and i call them up to come meet... the most we ever were deep was like 3 or 4 evos tho hehe

rino
11-03-2004, 04:25 PM
im in carson, im one of the evos in the torrance area mini meets..its not really organized. we just met up cuz we see each others cars. some of us are close and meet up tho. every evo that i meet, i usually am nice and talk to them. i was hoping to make the mini-meet more organized but it didnt work out lol. i do have the numbers of evo owners that i talked to before and i call them up to come meet... the most we ever were deep was like 3 or 4 evos tho hehe

i'm down to meet up man, hit me up sometime, I was the black evo you saw at starbucks a while ago during summer. My name is rino btw.

Ralliartpnoi
11-04-2004, 12:45 AM
haha yeah i remember you rino! well, ill hit you up next time im at that one starbucks again so we can meet. i still have your number in my cell. aiite see you around bro