PDA

View Full Version : Cost of alignment @ RRE?

WOT
11-02-2004, 10:58 AM
I called RRE the other day to get a price quote for an alignment on my car & they havent gotten back with me. I still plan on taking my car there.

Does anyone know approximately how much it cost have a standard alignment performed on a stock suspended evo 8?

How long did it take or how long did you leave your car there for to have just an alignment performed?

The inside shoulders are gone on my car, with zero track time & only spirited driving when the oppurtuninty presents itself. The outside shoulders are 1/2 worn, inside shoulders, all 4 tires gone with 9k!!

Should I hassle the dealer or just take care of it myself

thanks in advance.

leaveit2bevo
11-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Mueller will tell you to get the rear sway along with the allignment which is a good idea. I dont remember what it was otd though.

trannb
11-02-2004, 11:53 AM
This is not a price quote since of course I am not them...But $100

kipper215
11-02-2004, 12:19 PM
i need an alignment too. i got 16,000 so far out of the stock tires. your tires are F*cked up already. instead of a wheel alignment just flip the tires so the outside is on the inside. wear out the tires completely. save your ends while they wear and get the alignment when you get new tires. you have to buy four and don't missmatch tires because they have different spend cycles and you will damage the car. if you get the alignment now and drive the car, you will need to get another alignment when you replace the tires. i'm in the same boat you're in.

WOT
11-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys.

I am planning on getting new tires before the alignment.

Falken St-115's 235/45/17

leaveit2bevo
11-02-2004, 01:32 PM
just call RRE and ask.

WOT
11-02-2004, 01:57 PM
just call RRE and ask.

Did you read the 1st sentance of the 1st post?

I will try again. Being that it's after their phone answering starting time.

WOT
11-02-2004, 01:59 PM
I took your advice mr woodpusher & I received the same info the 1st time I called:

"john will have to get back with you on that, give me your phone number for him to reach you at."

Muellerized...
11-02-2004, 11:47 PM
I took your advice mr woodpusher & I received the same info the 1st time I called:

"john will have to get back with you on that, give me your phone number for him to reach you at."

Please email me directly at [email protected]

pangaroo
11-02-2004, 11:48 PM
I dont remember for sure, but i think it was about 120. A bit more than some other places, but well worth it IMO. Car felt much better (i also put in RRE sway bar and bushing). I still remember taking the car home on a sweeping freeway onramp for the first time ZERO understeer and when I looked at the speedo, was 10 mph faster than usual.

John took quite a bit of time on the car. I think for all things I waited over 3 hours, but when I looked in the garage, he was always hard at work hand aligning the car.

GOod luck

GokuSSJ4
11-03-2004, 12:45 AM
i dont understand why if you guys have any questions, you guys should always email John about it.(regarding alignments)
He replied to this post, email him regarding alignments or suspension and he will answer your questions.

gt40
11-03-2004, 12:59 AM
From their site:

Road Race Engineering by e-mail

PLEASE! - be sure your return E-mail address is valid !!! We have written many responses only to find out the return address is "not valid". A few of them we have found a combo from what was sent that appeared to work, but others we had to give up trying to send our response. The customer then probably assumes a very negative opinion of us -- and there is no way to let them know what happened.

Guidelines:

We receive a large volume of mail everyday (from various sources), so PLEASE put "To ROAD RACE", or something like that, in the SUBJECT field of your E-mail.

We will NOT be able to answer all the mail. PLEASE phrase your questions to be as specific as possible, and include all relevant specs needed (year, make, model, mods done, driving (street, rally, road-race, drag-race, etc.)). What we have found is that a very reasonable question can be asked, but we need MUCH more info. This leads to many back-and-forth mailings, that require a fair amount of keyboard time, that all could have been done in less than 2 MINUTES on the phone! (and done better/more complete). Short yes and no questions are usually answered the same day. Keep it simple. Story problems and essay questions can take up to a week to write, if at all. The more time we spend building race cars, the less we have for long answers. We read all the mail and check it several times a day. If you do not get an answer with in a few days, send a simple reminder. Some mail does slip through the cracks, cranky reminders usually get the delete button.

We can not do justice (via E-Mail) to questions like : "I want my '92 to be faster, what do you recommend". This is a long discussion, even on the phone. These will normally receive a "please review sections --- and ---- in the website", and then "call us" , response. Please use all the resources listed on our Tech Tips Pages and also at Club DSM and VFAQ.com. You will find that more often than not, someone has already been where you are going.

Parts Orders can be done by mail, fax or e-mail using the "Parts Order Form"

For credit card usage and shipping information see: "Credit Card Usage"

General Mail should be addressed to : [email protected]

JIC suspension/StopTech orders
JIC suspension/StopTech quotes
JIC suspension/StopTech appointments
JIC suspension/StopTech tech questions: [email protected]

To make an appointment for shop service or for a parts install price quote: [email protected]

For major engine building appointments or major engine building tech questions: [email protected]

For Volk or Gram Lights wheel orders: [email protected] or [email protected]

Road Race Engineering by Telephone
Bwahahahaha, you said "Telephone" (Just Kidding!) We now have four lines. That should help some. The best time to call is between noon and 7:00pm, California time, the hours we are technically open. Non-standard we know, but given our location (Pacific coast) and our local customer base, we have found this works best. Guys need to have a real job to pay for all these mods. It gives the people that drive from all over So Cal to reach us; to get off work, let traffic cool down, and stop by the shop in the evening. Bad time to call is from 3:00 to 4:30 or so since we are getting things ready to ship. UPS comes at 5:00. Since everyone knows we answer the phones between noon and 3:00, the phone pretty much rings non stop then. We do what we can to answer it when we are not talking to someone else. After four rings it goes to voice mail, we have a chance to check it only once a day so you will most likely be called back later in our day. Many people we call back we get an answer machine or because of the time difference, they are off work. Leave a number where we can reach you between 5 and 7pm California time or at least let us know what is a good time to call.

After 4:30 or so people start getting off work and stopping by to talk, have their cars looked at, pick up parts, drop off cars. We are located in one of the larger metropolitan areas in the US, and we ALWAYS have walk-in customers here. If we are all tied up talking to people that took the trouble to drive here, we may not be able to get the phone. The So-Cal DSM kiddies hang out until we close the doors after midnight. When the colleges are on break, it's pretty much the So-Cal club house here.

When you do get someone to answer the phone, the first thing everyone does is to ask for Mike. "I must speak to Mike, some magazine told me he is the guy" If I am not helping someone else, I'll get it. If you get someone else, give them a chance to do their job. I could get anyone to hand me the phone all day, I got these guys because they know their DSMs. They were all customers once and have all been where you are going. Between them they have personally broke every part on their cars twice and had to fix it themselves after fixing your cars all day. Ask them your question ! If it is over their head, they can interrupt me and get you an answer. Some guys will call 5 times asking only for me when anyone else here could have helped them.

E-mail works good as a way to let me know what you are after. We have DSL and the computer sits on my desk and is on all day. We check it several times a day. Essay questions life stories and story problems can take a week to answer. The best questions are ones that I can go through and answer yes, no, $100, Thursday, 25psi... We get 60+ e-mails a day that need to be answered, I have time for about 30 to 40 a day during the week. When we are racing that weekend things get pretty backed up.

Road Race Engineering In Person
We are open for walk in customers from noon till 7:00 for parts pick up. It is best to set up an appointment if you will be needing advise or having your car looked at. Before the UPS truck comes at around 5:00 we are extremely busy getting the shipping ready for the day, fixing cars that were previously scheduled, and answering the phone. Do not stop by before 5:00 with out an appointment unless you are the most patient person in the world or just need to pick up a few parts and run. Check ahead to see if we have the parts in stock. For driving directions, see MapQuest

Thanks for being patient,
Mike Welch

leaveit2bevo
11-03-2004, 01:05 AM
just call RRE and ask.

Did you read the 1st sentance of the 1st post?

I will try again. Being that it's after their phone answering starting time.

yes reading owns me.

WOT
11-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks guy's.

The last thing I want to do is to take john away from what he does best. That's why I posted the question to get some info from the typical customer. I dont need to hassle him with my piddly-a$$ question.

As far as emailing john, now I know. That sounds like an awesome resource to be taken advantage of by the socal evo community.

Thanks again

ronny5
11-17-2004, 03:05 PM
RRE =D good stuff

turbrodude
11-21-2004, 01:22 AM
Seriously, there should be a New Evo Owners Guide that says upon taking delivery of your new Evo, drive immediately to Mueller and have him align it. 9k miles on a stock evo without track days is retarded. I now have nearly 16k and 4 track days. Yes they are now bald. If I had no track days, I would expect somewhere around 20-25k miles.

Cr0mster
11-22-2004, 04:53 PM
i dont understand why if you guys have any questions, you guys should always email John about it.(regarding alignments)
He replied to this post, email him regarding alignments or suspension and he will answer your questions.

I have emailed 2 times now and not been answered. That is why it would be nice if just one of you could say HOW MUCH you paid for a aligment. I know it can't be that hard to answer the question. So far it's been like some big secret. :roll:

IS2000
11-22-2004, 05:00 PM
I've been waiting 2 months to get an appointment with John(went to the shop, and e-mailed him couple times). Still waiting for him to get me a time slot.

kaisho99
11-22-2004, 05:04 PM
I have emailed 2 times now and not been answered. That is why it would be nice if just one of you could say HOW MUCH you paid for a aligment. I know it can't be that hard to answer the question. So far it's been like some big secret. :roll:

Was a 100 bucks for me.

jondukes
11-22-2004, 05:14 PM
its just a myth,theres really no rre at all,its just a figment of my imagination every time i call/email/leave message

Cr0mster
11-23-2004, 03:57 PM

Was a 100 bucks for me.

THANK YOU!!! :D

GokuSSJ4
11-24-2004, 11:04 AM
shhhh!!!!! don't say anything ...

ErroR
11-24-2004, 11:17 AM
don't be an ass Goku

GokuSSJ4
11-24-2004, 12:50 PM
dude it has been discuss so many times, to how much John charges for alignment 100.00
bushings 90.00
sway bar 180.00
+ labor
thats that make you happy !! :?

leaveit2bevo
11-24-2004, 04:51 PM
dude it has been discuss so many times, to how much John charges for alignment 100.00
bushings 90.00
sway bar 180.00
+ labor

why are you so bitter ?

Smogrunner
11-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Ohlins struts, Eibach springs, cusco adjustable camber plates: All in truck/garage for a month. But hey, I was at least able to put the RRE rear sway bar on myself. It looks like I'm gonna miss the EOC #3 this weekend 'cause I can't afford both the Evom and the EOC and I was hoping to get my stuff installed before tracking. I'm gonna take a chance on a local installer and try to make the Evom meet.

GokuSSJ4
11-24-2004, 06:14 PM
bushings 90.00
sway bar 180.00
+ labor

why are you so bitter ?
no more DRUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :?

GokuSSJ4
11-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Ohlins struts, Eibach springs, cusco adjustable camber plates: All in truck/garage for a month. But hey, I was at least able to put the RRE rear sway bar on myself. It looks like I'm gonna miss the EOC #3 this weekend 'cause I can't afford both the Evom and the EOC and I was hoping to get my stuff installed before tracking. I'm gonna take a chance on a local installer and try to make the Evom meet.

you should come out at least to watch man !!!

Smogrunner
11-24-2004, 06:25 PM
BTW, I'm not implying John has kept me waiting a month - he hasn't. I'm just waiting for a firm install date. The longer those springs sit in my garage, the I more I wonder if I should get one shade stiffer before putting them on.... hmmm

Cr0mster
11-24-2004, 06:32 PM
bushings 90.00
sway bar 180.00
+ labor

Yeah and with as much as you post whore on here it was so much strain on you to type out how much it costs.... :roll: instead you took the time to type shhhh!!!! don't say anything... instead of helping out your fellow evo owners. I fail to see why you even needed to post in this thread.

Like Error said. Don't be an ass Goku.

gofaster87
11-24-2004, 06:38 PM
I think hes being an ass because people dont know how to use the search function. You can always call RRE and ask on e of the guys to let you know a ballpark or they can ask john real quick. Ive had them do that for me.

GokuSSJ4
11-24-2004, 08:40 PM
bushings 90.00
sway bar 180.00
+ labor

Yeah and with as much as you post whore on here it was so much strain on you to type out how much it costs.... :roll: instead you took the time to type shhhh!!!! don't say anything... instead of helping out your fellow evo owners. I fail to see why you even needed to post in this thread.

i didnt made the comment to you , but to dave.
An if thats the case , this has been discuss before. Its not the first time that this has come up. When it comes to price issues i prefer for John M. to answer (since you never know if things change) i dont want to give you the wrong information. One of the reasons why i tell people that is best to email him.
The shhh!!! comment was a joke so relax man, damn i have been working to many hours today :?

Cr0mster
11-24-2004, 09:26 PM
bushings 90.00
sway bar 180.00
+ labor

i didnt made the comment to you , but to dave.
An if thats the case , this has been discuss before. Its not the first time that this has come up. When it comes to price issues i prefer for John M. to answer (since you never know if things change) i dont want to give you the wrong information. One of the reasons why i tell people that is best to email him.
The shhh!!! comment was a joke so relax man, damn i have been working to many hours today :?

No prob Goku, I think I have been working to many hours today myself. God I can't wait for this day to end so I can just get in my car and forget it happened.

GokuSSJ4
11-24-2004, 10:16 PM
no worries man , i'm the same way. Time to drive the evo in a few hours, and relax on the way home. The holidays are crazy man !!