PDA

View Full Version : Brake Indicators Squeaking

Ralliartpnoi
11-03-2004, 02:14 AM
Well my brakes are squeaking everywhere I stop since yesterday, i looked at the life left on the pads and its almost gone. I need new brakes! My question is, do I? or should I? also get the rotors resurfaced???
and also.. how much would new pads and resurfacing the rotors cost from the dealer??? Any recommendations??? Im open for any comments

Absinthe
11-03-2004, 09:25 AM
dont go to the dealer you can get equal pads WAY cheaper (like project mu NS) or way better pads slightly cheaper (ferodo DS2500).

As for rotor resurfacing some say yes some say no, there is evidence on both sides. I resurfaced mine and have good clean contact patches.

Ralliartpnoi
11-04-2004, 12:47 AM
how much money would i be looking to spend???

EVOate909
11-04-2004, 01:01 AM
well aftermarket pads are about 120-150 for the pair...dunno bout the labor tho

Absinthe
11-04-2004, 09:43 AM
for the NS pad look sub 100

the ferodos will be about 160

Paying some to install the pads and cut the rotors should be less than 100

drmosh
11-04-2004, 10:41 AM

Just get some Rotora slotted discs from me.

:D

leaveit2bevo
11-04-2004, 12:04 PM

these rotors kick ass

Alexxx
11-04-2004, 12:36 PM
are there any shops around la that might have project mu pads for sell or are they only available online

GokuSSJ4
11-04-2004, 01:07 PM

you have PM

toku-one
11-04-2004, 03:05 PM
i highly recommend (and i know bevo does too)
rotora slotted rotors
and endless ss-s pads
but the rotors will cost you something like $600 for all 4 and the pads are about $150ish per axle

i just got a set of stock rotors turned for $10 a piece at a local brake shop.
install on pads and rotors will cost you about $60 an axle (its a very easy job)

Ralliartpnoi
11-05-2004, 03:46 AM
well i goto UTI and so that takes all the labor costs out. i got lifts, and all that crap over there to my access. haha provided by SNAP-ON! literally everything there is, unless snap on dont make it, and yeah...you get it!
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album217/school.jpghttp://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album217/school2.jpghttp://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album217/school3.jpg

so yeah. wheres the hookupz on brakes and/or new rotors???? :P

Adel
11-05-2004, 11:14 PM
well i goto UTI and so that takes all the labor costs out. i got lifts, and all that crap over there to my access. haha provided by SNAP-ON! literally everything there is, unless snap on dont make it, and yeah...you get it!

This is kinda off-topic, but how is UTI working out for you? Just wondering because I might be interested in what they have to offer, like the postgraduate BMW program...

Ralliartpnoi
11-09-2004, 05:27 AM
well ive been in the school for 3 phases already, basic engines, intro to electronics, and electronic fundamentals...the stuff ive learned since day 1 is amazing. the instructors have been avg. more than 10 years in the field and they know ALOT! for me I feel that the opportunities the school provide are second to none. after my courses are complete im going into the FORD FACT program to learn more advanced diagnostic training and hopefully i can go into the BMW STEP program after that. If your looking forward to getting into BMW's program, you have to do good in your basic courses at UTI. The manufacturers @ the school are like colleges, and they only select the best of the students for their programs. That means if your selected, they pay that part of your tuition, they teach you how to fix their cars, they give you a job at one of their dealers (under contract you must work i think a year for them) and when you enter the field you have better credentials than others which will help you succeed. my goal is being a master tech. so i can make some serious bank$$$ hehe

donatevo
11-09-2004, 09:50 AM
well ive been in the school for 3 phases already, basic engines, intro to electronics, and electronic fundamentals...the stuff ive learned since day 1 is amazing. the instructors have been avg. more than 10 years in the field and they know ALOT! for me I feel that the opportunities the school provide are second to none. after my courses are complete im going into the FORD FACT program to learn more advanced diagnostic training and hopefully i can go into the BMW STEP program after that. If your looking forward to getting into BMW's program, you have to do good in your basic courses at UTI. The manufacturers @ the school are like colleges, and they only select the best of the students for their programs. That means if your selected, they pay that part of your tuition, they teach you how to fix their cars, they give you a job at one of their dealers (under contract you must work i think a year for them) and when you enter the field you have better credentials than others which will help you succeed. my goal is being a master tech. so i can make some serious bank$$$ hehe Goodluck Ralph!

Ralliartpnoi
11-09-2004, 11:54 PM
haha thx! jon...hey i saw you at tapioca just a couple hours ago. i love your tails dude! gimme some of that paint if you have some left ok?

deekay247
12-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Hope to see ya there. I'm gonnna start there this january!!

500whp
12-13-2004, 01:26 AM
i didn't read all the posts, but here are a few:

1. brake dust
2. low on brake pad
3. hum... dude when ur rotors are warpped
4. also if your high temp brake grase is gone (if you add it to all metal parts that contacts the pistons it will reduce noise, and viberation)

MAFIOSO8
12-13-2004, 04:19 AM
For pads and rotors u might want to try coolguy949 his store website is www.myevostore.com

Ralliartpnoi
12-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Hope to see ya there. I'm gonnna start there this january!!

cool, hope to see u there

rino
12-16-2004, 04:59 PM
what pads and rotors did you end up getting ralph?

mr2
02-02-2005, 03:30 PM
does anybody know where you can get project m or ferodo pads for cheap? my brakes started squeaking last night. i'm thinking it's the brake dust though, i'll check it tonight