PDA

View Full Version : Intake Pipe Plug (for VTA BOVs)

DTunedEvoX
11-09-2004, 01:00 PM
I have a chance to get a HKS SSQV for really cheap ... I want to VTA it ... Thing is ... the package is missing the Intake Pipe PLUG .... I dont wanna be ghetto and keep the stock one there ... and I know of people tearing there car up fabricating one made out of plastic ...

Does anyone know what I can use to plug up the intake pipe? I'm not talking Duct Tape either lol ... Or do vendors sell them individually?

Anyone else run into this problem? or hell does anyone have one for cheap I can buy(those of you who've recirc'd)?

G-UNIT
11-11-2004, 06:51 PM
use a rubber chair leg thingy.

DTunedEvoX
11-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Would be a nice idea but it bends and flexes ... Heat in the engine bay make cause it to expand n flop out ... and a clamp wont hold it in place ... good looking out though ...

G-UNIT
11-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Would be a nice idea but it bends and flexes ... Heat in the engine bay make cause it to expand n flop out ... and a clamp wont hold it in place ... good looking out though ...

actually use the plastic ones, not rubber. any ace hardware has them.

rino
11-12-2004, 09:37 PM
I was looking for this peice too. I don't know if you remember me bringing it up at the last evo meet you came to. Drop by home depot and check it out.

rino
11-19-2004, 04:43 AM
incase you still didn't get one, just go to home depot to the plumbing department. I brought my oem bov along and matched the size with a threaded white cap for something and bought it for $0.92 and man my type-s screams!!

DTunedEvoX
11-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Worse comes to worse and the people that PM'd me dont get back to me I'll end up venting this thing and getting that pipe plug - *sigh*

Blaze
11-19-2004, 10:29 AM
I have one that I'm not using.
I don't want to sell it, but if you'd like to borrow it to match it to something the same size, you're welcome to it.

Home depot is your best bet though. It's just a stupid piece of rubber. Probably 30 bucks from HKS or 30 cents at home depot....

Just make certain whatever you get will not get soft and melt. It's pretty close to the turbo after all....

DTunedEvoX
11-19-2004, 10:30 AM
I have one that I'm not using.
I don't want to sell it, but if you'd like to borrow it to match it to something the same size, you're welcome to it.

Home depot is your best bet though. It's just a stupid piece of rubber. Probably 30 bucks from HKS or 30 cents at home depot....

Just make certain whatever you get will not get soft and melt. It's pretty close to the turbo after all....

Thanks bro - wouldnt want to go out of your way to do that though .. I'll just bring my stocker and find something equivalant ... =D I <3 these boards =D kekeke

Ralliartpnoi
12-16-2004, 07:50 AM
muahaha, no one can beat my GOLF BALL INTAKE PLUG technique. jammed the ball as much as possible and used the stock hose clamp to sorta prevent any sudden hole in 1's.

DTunedEvoX
12-16-2004, 09:21 AM
I've since found the perfect cover for it .. I think I have like 15 left lol .. I got them for like 30 cents @ Home Depot .. Even gave a few members here some - just forgot bout this post ...

Way to bring up something from the dead lol ..

leaveit2bevo
12-16-2004, 12:25 PM
why do you want to vta? so your car can stall out and die?

DTunedEvoX
12-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Car dosnt idle funny or stall nor surge .. no nothing .... Plus this thread is a month old ..

herbal77
12-20-2004, 09:58 PM
can someone post a pic

Boosted
12-26-2004, 01:13 PM
muahaha, no one can beat my GOLF BALL INTAKE PLUG technique. jammed the ball as much as possible and used the stock hose clamp to sorta prevent any sudden hole in 1's.

BUWAHAHAHHA SHEAR GENIOUS