PDA

View Full Version : Good paint shop

Chris in SD
11-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Since I plan on blowing a large chunk of my tax return on painting the Evo, I need a good shop - esp. one that can do complete color changes. I am going to use BBY as the base color, but I am trying to match BMW's Steel Blue Metallic color.

If any of you have first-hand experience, please let me know. I am willing to spend $4000+ to get it done right.

EVO Neil
11-13-2004, 08:21 PM
AutoreconUSA Irvine, CA

EVO_RPM
11-13-2004, 09:17 PM
MOB Works, Orange
http://mobworks.com/

2020AutoboyTech, City of Industry
http://2020autobodytech.com/

Chris in SD
11-13-2004, 09:26 PM
AutoreconUSA Irvine, CA

Neil,

Anyone in particular I should ask for? I need to get an estimate soon so I know how much to allot...

Thanks!

moogle
11-13-2004, 10:02 PM
You should PM MPTLKR he had an evo with the chameleon paint.

EVO Neil
11-14-2004, 09:57 AM
AutoreconUSA Irvine, CA

Neil,

Anyone in particular I should ask for? I need to get an estimate soon so I know how much to allot...

Thanks!

Rich is the owner. Tell him, I sent you,maybe he'll give you a better price. They also installed the clear bra kit on my car and Rob's. I have had Rich's company paint two of my personal restoration projects, they do great work. I also use them for MT vehicles that get damaged, dinged, paint scraped, or wheel curbed. I've been dealing with them for years. :D

sparcoevo
11-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Chris -
Without a doubt, the best paint & body shop that I know of is Sterling Collision in Tustin. They are one of the only BMW authorized facilities in California, plus they do all the Porsche, Audi, and Bentley business in Newport. I am personal friends with the owner and he has done a lot of work for me on project cars and the quality is first class.

If you are interested, PM me and I'll make the introduction for you and you can drive up and see the place. It is unbelievable.

Scott

Chris in SD
11-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Chris -
Without a doubt, the best paint & body shop that I know of is Sterling Collision in Tustin. They are one of the only BMW authorized facilities in California, plus they do all the Porsche, Audi, and Bentley business in Newport. I am personal friends with the owner and he has done a lot of work for me on project cars and the quality is first class.

If you are interested, PM me and I'll make the introduction for you and you can drive up and see the place. It is unbelievable.

Scott

PM sent... Thanks, Scott. BTW, I still want a ride in your Evo. :wink:

sparcoevo
11-14-2004, 08:10 PM
PM sent... Thanks, Scott. BTW, I still want a ride in your Evo. :wink:

If you come up in the next week or so, the EVO should be ready to go for a test drive. Our neighbors love the sight of a 450+whp Evo flighing through the streets at 8k rpm and all four wheels squealing for mercy. :twisted: