PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't there a forum index for ecu tunning ect???

jdzumwalt
11-18-2004, 09:13 AM
I'm a long time tuner of s-14 and I had a subie before I got my new Evo. This board reminds me a lot of Fresh Alloy in the old days. I think there needs to be a dedicated index for ecu tunnning and stand alone ecu systems.

I have some questions regarding the evo ecu that I have not been able to find out.

1) At what point does the ecu switch over from closed loop to open loop? (on my subie boost controllers caused massive detination. The ecu would switch to open loop after more that half throtle and 7 psi of boost. Install a boost controller and it would boost to 1 bar at partial throttle and the computer would try to keep it stoich metric.)

2) Subie ecu would learn around ad on ecu(afc,ect...)

3) reflash from cobb, vishnu ect tended to yield the best result for upgrades and keep closed loop detination in check.

Currently my car is still stock but I do plan on upgrading it. I just don't want to touch it till I got a plan of attack.

Thanks Gregg

DTunedEvoX
11-18-2004, 09:42 AM
www.evolutionm.net

BOVBILLY
11-18-2004, 09:50 AM
My name is Goku. We don't know how to tune, but we can sure talk alot about it.

Hit me up and I will tune you

GokuSSJ4
11-18-2004, 10:28 AM
blahhh!!!!!
SHUT UP!!!

gofaster87
11-18-2004, 12:15 PM
I dont think there is a dedicated section to the EMS becuase not enough people have it to warrant it. Everyone also knows everyone else on these boards and can get help with their equipment by simply posting in the tech section. If you want to hear alot of bitching and complaining about EMS's goto www.evolutionm.net, theres a great debate between AL, Vishlame and Buschur right now.

Blak94GSX
11-18-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm a long time tuner of s-14 and I had a subie before I got my new Evo. This board reminds me a lot of Fresh Alloy in the old days. I think there needs to be a dedicated index for ecu tunnning and stand alone ecu systems.

I have some questions regarding the evo ecu that I have not been able to find out.

1) At what point does the ecu switch over from closed loop to open loop? (on my subie boost controllers caused massive detination. The ecu would switch to open loop after more that half throtle and 7 psi of boost. Install a boost controller and it would boost to 1 bar at partial throttle and the computer would try to keep it stoich metric.)

2) Subie ecu would learn around ad on ecu(afc,ect...)

3) reflash from cobb, vishnu ect tended to yield the best result for upgrades and keep closed loop detination in check.

Currently my car is still stock but I do plan on upgrading it. I just don't want to touch it till I got a plan of attack.

Thanks Gregg

Posting in the Tech Forum here is your best bet...

To answer your questions, the EVO ecu is similar. It switches to open loop at around 60% throttle or 4500 RPM. For the most part this is not a problem. The stock ECU works great with an AFC and 720cc injectors to reduce the perceived airflow and add ignition timing. Also add a MBC like the Hallman, Dejon Tool, Joe P, and set to 20PSI. Course you'll probably burn up the stock clutch soon after...

I would say get a K&N panel filter, 3" turbo-back exhaust of your choice, AFC, walbro fuel pump, denso 720cc injectors, Greddy EGT gauge with the probe in the #1 exhaust runner or Zeitronix ZT-2 wideband/EGT/Boost gauge, pocketlogger, Dejon Tool MBC set to 20PSI, clutch of choice.

www.roadraceengineering.com stocks these parts when you are ready.

jdzumwalt
11-18-2004, 10:56 PM
thanks for the help I'll get the info from the other forum

Boosted
11-18-2004, 11:45 PM
aem has boards for tuning aswell