PDA

View Full Version : Nail in Stock Advans, where do I take it?

evo_z
11-22-2004, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but since it's a tire related questions, I was putting in some gas a few moments ago and I noticed that I had a nail stuck in one of my tires. I checked my tire pressure once I got back home and pressure was dwon indicating that it's been their for some time. In anycase, being that these are the tires that came from the factory, where do I take it to get repaired? The dealership or a tire shop? Also, in the case that they need to replace it, do the factory tires carry some sort of warranty?

Boosted
11-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Im not sur eabout your tires have a "warranty" but im sure if you were to just take it to you local tire shop they could remove and patch it really easily I would just take off the punctured tire put on the donut drive to the shop have them fix it then swap off tires

xxfairenoughxx
12-24-2004, 02:11 PM
I have a gash in my stock tires and they said its irreperable. I called a bunch of tire stores and they all said they don't have them in stock. Of course Yokohama is closed today so I can't find out if they have them in stock and when I called HB Mitsu a lady told me she had no idea if I could get them from them as she wasn't in parts. Anyone have any ideas I only have 4K on these tires with probably 80% tread left. I dont want to mess up my transfer case...Crap what should I do?

Skiracer
12-24-2004, 03:44 PM
You can go to Pep Boys or Autozone to pickup a tire repair kit. Only costs a few bucks.

gofaster87
12-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Any Americas tire will do a flat repair for free. Theyre really good about being careful, at least out here.

EVO Neil
12-24-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but since it's a tire related questions, I was putting in some gas a few moments ago and I noticed that I had a nail stuck in one of my tires. I checked my tire pressure once I got back home and pressure was dwon indicating that it's been their for some time. In anycase, being that these are the tires that came from the factory, where do I take it to get repaired? The dealership or a tire shop? Also, in the case that they need to replace it, do the factory tires carry some sort of warranty?

Take them to a dedicated tire shop and have them use a tire patch NOT A PLUG. A tire plug is the improper way to repair a tire. I've seen some patches that have a long nipple on them that look like a combination of patch and plug, which are also fine. They'll have to dismount the tire from the wheel and may have to re-balance the tire/wheel combo if they don't mark the tires position on the wheel beforehand. If when they remove the tire you have a black powdery substance inside, the tire is shot, replace it. That means the sidewall was coming apart internally from low air pressure and that the tire is now unsafe.

Punctures are not covered under warranty, only manufacturing defects which are covered by Yokohama, not Mitsubishi.

EVO Neil
12-24-2004, 03:59 PM
You can go to Pep Boys or Autozone to pickup a tire repair kit. Only costs a few bucks.

Never, EVER use this method, it's an unsafe tire repair waiting to happen. See my above post.

Pops
12-24-2004, 06:55 PM

Take them to a dedicated tire shop and have them use a tire patch NOT A PLUG. A tire plug is the improper way to repair a tire. I've seen some patches that have a long nipple on them that look like a combination of patch and plug, which are also fine. They'll have to dismount the tire from the wheel and may have to re-balance the tire/wheel combo if they don't mark the tires position on the wheel beforehand. If when they remove the tire you have a black powdery substance inside, the tire is shot, replace it. That means the sidewall was coming apart internally from low air pressure and that the tire is now unsafe.

Punctures are not covered under warranty, only manufacturing defects which are covered by Yokohama, not Mitsubishi.

Yeah, I second that. Also, if you have to replace the tire, I'd suggest replacing all four if you have significant wear on your tires. Tires of slightly different heights can theoretically strain your differentials.

What part of so cal do you want to get the repair?