PDA

View Full Version : Endless SS Pads Question

Muramasa
11-24-2004, 02:00 PM
is it supposed to be very F*cking loud?? on medium braking to light braking from 30 mph and under to a stop??

Blaze
11-24-2004, 02:07 PM
If you've just installed the pads and you're getting a LOT of squeel and or vibration, you should probably pull your rotors and have them machined.

Some aftermarket pads are louder then stock depending on what you got.

FYI: Squeel is actually a vibration noise you hear from the pads rubbing against the rotors. If you have uneven surfaces due to previous ware, the noise level is increased.

An example of this noise is when lick your finger and run it across a smooth surface, like glass. No pressure, it slips right across, add some more pressure and you can feel your finger vibrate and squeeeeeek.

Muramasa
11-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Would you say this noise is normal then? It squeaks really really loud. Its louder than my BOV and u can hear it like 50 feet away. I machine rotored my rotors before I put them on. So I was wondering if they were supposed to sand paper the pads.

CP9A pads fit on CT9A models right?

JanSolo
11-24-2004, 02:26 PM
I put the stock shims from the stock pads and the backings on the Brembo stock pads and I got virtually no noise from the Endless pads.

Muramasa
11-24-2004, 02:30 PM
So is something wrong with my car?

Muramasa
11-24-2004, 02:34 PM
I machine rotored the rotors and it was smooth
after driving like 50 miles and when the noise started getting apparant, my rotors looked like it developed grooves.

toku-one
11-24-2004, 02:34 PM
i have no shims in front and i have only minor squeal.
but i also have different rotors.

500whp
11-24-2004, 02:59 PM
few things u can do:

1. reshave teh rotor
2. there is a 200-300 mile brake in period before u can brake hard
3. put more grease round the metal part where its touching the caliper pistons!

Blaze
11-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Since you're rotors are already shaved and you still have the hatch marks + only 100 miles on the new brakes, you may want to use a product called "Brake Quiet". This is a gummy material similar to rubber cement glue (don't use the spray on kind) that you can apply between the pads and the shims (thin layer, don't goop it on).

It will absorb some of the vibration and reduce the squeel.

leaveit2bevo
11-24-2004, 04:51 PM
I dont have shims either but I am running rotoras in the front and almost no squeal.

gshock
11-24-2004, 05:42 PM
u need to brake in the pads ....

Chris in SD
11-24-2004, 08:52 PM

Exactly (well, "break in" :wink: ). I just installed pads recently and they are still squealing. Give it a month or so and they'll only squeal on cold mornings. This is my second set of SS-S pads, so I know what I'm talking about. The anti-squeal will help, but not eliminate it completely.

GokuSSJ4
11-24-2004, 10:17 PM

Exactly (well, "break in" :wink: ). I just installed pads recently and they are still squealing. Give it a month or so and they'll only squeal on cold mornings. This is my second set of SS-S pads, so I know what I'm talking about. The anti-squeal will help, but not eliminate it completely.

im debating between the SS-S and the CC-X since i track the car, i wonder which one would perform the best.

Blaze
11-24-2004, 11:05 PM

im debating between the SS-S and the CC-X since i track the car, i wonder which one would perform the best.

Decide where you'll be doing the majority of your driving.
300 is for SS-S all around is not to bad.
If you decide that aren't sufficient you can always chang them out.

Remember: if you own an evo, money grows on trees and women fall from the heavens.

Coolguy949
11-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Jay, we'll take a look at your pads at the shop on saturday after your install. See you then. I have a feeling I know what they didnt do to eliminate the noise.

Rob

Chris in SD
11-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Between the CC-X and SS-S, get the SS-S and a set of CC-R if you're going to swap pads for the track. The SS-S are perfect for the street and tofu runs.

The CC-X are good for auto-x (hence the CC-X), since their operating temp comes up quickly to be best for short auto-x runs. The CC-R is better for track days since they have a much higher heat range and better long-term characteristics. The reason to NOT run CC-Rs on the street is that they eat rotors in daily use.