PDA

View Full Version : RRE Alignment

WOT
11-29-2004, 02:03 PM
There should probably be a RRE section in this website to avoid floody of the buyers corner with RRE Praise!!!

Ok, I would like to thank John & his crew for getting the alignment done friday evening.

The car feels great, what more can I say.

The car felt good before, but the set-up from the factory caused my tires to wear out under 10k with ZERO track time. The factory rear camber was set to -1.75 deg for example!!

John loves his job, it's his passion, with that, he does it all by himself, which takes time. I am sure people have heard, "if you want it done right, then do it yourself", that's what your paying john to do. Be preppared to hang out a little longer than expected. At least he allows his customers to watch him work, which is a nice experience in itself.

I will definately go there again when I find some spare cash for a rear sway bar & rear trailing arm bushings.

Somebody told me "that john will try to sell you some rear trailing arm bushings"..........Well the reason he sells them, because the factory pieces are crap. There was a car there getting a full JIC set-up, rear bar & bushings. I was there to see for myself, that a car with 7k miles & several track outtings had DESTROYED BUSHINGS. The owner said, "yeah, the car handles weird mid corner lately"....due to the torn bushings.

Seriously, if your going to have him put your car on his car lift, find the cash to have the rear bushings replaced. Dont spend money for a track track day if you run your car at a previous event or have done lots of canyon runs. Because with shgged bushings, your car will want to either under or oversteeer due to the floating rear trailing arms moving around @ their own free will.

Do yourself & your car a favor & go to RRE for all your suspension tuning needs & get your trailing arm bushing replaced. The small cost may save you & your car.

Tarmac02
11-29-2004, 08:34 PM
How much does he charge for the alignment with the sway and trailing arm bushings?

BTW I think the way too many trips to the canyons have killed something in my right front... clunks a little over speed bumps.

trannb
11-29-2004, 09:10 PM
$500 for the full setup. $100 for just alignment.