PDA

View Full Version : Getting Mine Soon

WavMixer
12-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Greetings all,

Well after 4.5 years of driving my underpowered 3G Eclipse, I'm ready to buy a 05 Evo8. I hope to get it within the next couple of weeks. The dealer where I live in Palmdale is not one of the best dealers I've ever worked with and would like to find a dealer that doesn't suck. I want to walk in the with a check for MSRP or less, and drive out in my black Evo8 that has not been test driven by every high school kid in town. Any recommendations on where to go? I'm close to LACR and Willow Springs.

Does the 10 year, 100,000 warranty apply to the 05 Evo? Also is the 3 year scheduled maintenance included on the Evo? I have been seeing this in the commercials, but somehow I just can't see them honoring this claim on the Evo.

DTunedEvoX
12-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Maintanance yes ... Warrenty .... questionable ... it all depends on your dealer and how close of a relationship they have to there District Manager... If you plan on modding your car - you might as well say bye bye to your warrenty ... With there buisness practices they'll find a reason to NOT warrenty your claim ...

Good luck ...

trannb
12-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Does the 10 year, 100,000 warranty apply to the 05 Evo?

Sort of. I wouldn't expect to get a full 10 years or 100,000 miles even if you kept the car completely stock and granny'd it. They'll find a reason to deny you eventually. But officially, yes it applies

Also is the 3 year scheduled maintenance included on the Evo? I have been seeing this in the commercials, but somehow I just can't see them honoring this claim on the Evo.

Most of the 04s had maintenance included. It was basically just oil changes every 5,000 miles and a new air filter at some point.

WavMixer
12-01-2004, 12:36 PM
What about a good dealer in the San Gabrial Valley, San Fernando Valley? I know the dealer is Satan, but I'd rather give my money to the lesser of the evils.

DocMortal
12-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Off topic- Hello WavMixer, DocMortal from previous club3g member,also thought the same thing my 3G wasnt cutting it in power so I got my evo 2003 from Miller Mitsubishi ... 29800 for the car out the door but Im sure now you can get a better deal.

Also stay away from the extending warranty,you will want to mod the EVO as soon as you get it. Unless you have good willpower.

Im sure you dont remember me but good to see you here on boards and you are making a very wise choice with the evo..

I sold my 3G to my brother hes very hapy with it :)

WavMixer
12-01-2004, 02:15 PM
What's up doc? Sure I remember you. I don't plan to get the extended warranty, but the 10 year/100,000K from the factory sounds great to me. As far as mods go, the only thing I can forsee for now would be a trip to RRE and get Muellerized. But then again, I never planned to mod my 3G either.

The 05 Evo8 is MSRP at 30K, has anyone actually been able to get a better price for a new one? I would think that it would be hard to talk down the price for an Evo. I'm also getting the wife a new Honda Civic or Toyota Carolla. The Mitsu dealer here in Palmdale also carries Toyota so I might be able to make a sweet deal on two cars, but I just don't like the local dealer.

WavMixer
12-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Well after posting this here, I had a dealer offer me $500 over invoice. I'm really starting to like this message board. :D

WavMixer
12-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Just got back from HB Mitsubishi. I picked my car and licked the door handle to claim it as mine. Actually I laid down $500 to hold it for me until next week when I come in to pay it off in cash. My cost was 29,800 + tax and license. FYI it is a black VIII, no frills, no leather, just fun.
Thanks Tom and Dave at HB!!!

Chris in SD
12-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Congrats! Another example of HB Mitsu's excellent service for Evo owners...