PDA

View Full Version : WORKS Exhaust or HKS or RSR? Which one should i get?

CT9A RS
12-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Im plannin on getting an exhaust this week.

Ive heard the HKS Hipower n it sounds pretty good. N it looks good as well.

The RSR i havent heard yet. But i imagine not bad and it looks pretty good as well.

N last but not least the WORKS AB. the axle back. I kinda like the look of it. I know the other 2 are catbacks but power gains are not a priority to me. I just want an exhaust that sounds good but isnt obnoxiously loud.

Basically i want to know how the WORKS AB would sound. Does it have a nice throaty sound to it throughout the powerband? I like the sound of the HKS. Anything close to that.

Any help advice appreciated.

-Serge B.

htsai14752
12-05-2004, 07:32 PM
i'll sell u my hks hiper for 380

egui42
12-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Go here to find exhaust sound clips:

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album57&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Gear Grinder
12-05-2004, 08:32 PM
I have the HKS hi-power 3". it sound great, bolted right up. the only real problem is right befor the cat it drops back to 2.5". I know you said you are not interested in power, but some day you might be, so I wouldn't go that way.

EVOate909
12-05-2004, 10:31 PM
hks ss hipower exhaust gets my vote....

rino
12-07-2004, 02:59 PM
I don't like the HKS because it's not a full 3 inch cat back as stated above. If you measure it, it's about 2.95inches while others offer 3 to 3.14. It might just be me but i'd like to squeeze out as much power as I can from an exhaust and the bigger the better flow I would assume. But since your goal isn't all power, the HKS would be a nice option because of its looks, sound and price.

:)