PDA

View Full Version : Front License Plate

Donny
12-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Do you have to drill the front bumper to mount the front license plate?

alex_alex
12-08-2004, 03:17 AM
nope

Skiracer
12-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Slightly off topic, but can we still get license plate ticket if you put your front plate inside the windshield?

el rey evo
12-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Slightly off topic, but can we still get license plate ticket if you put your front plate inside the windshield?
yep

donatevo
12-08-2004, 09:24 AM
I did not drilled my front bumper, just used the two screws on the top part of the licese plate frame.

flashfoto
05-26-2007, 12:49 AM
So, I just got my EVO a couple days ago so plates are not in yet. But seriously... a front plate? Bleeck! I can't imagine ruining that piece of art with a ugly license plate!!

So a friend of mine suggested that I mount the plate on the lower part under the inlet and bend the plate to keep the shape of the car. (In order to remain legal).

I just hate the idea. It's like putting a plate on the Mona Lisa. *sigh*

Mokaone
05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
i have mine on the front, below the mitsubishi emblem. theres those 2 slits on the bumper that have wire behind. i took 2 of those plastic bolts from the undertray, the ones that open up from the backside wen u screw is inside... i slipped a zip-tie through the back of the bolt and around the wire. the plastic bolts were just for a clean finish, but its working for me. i even got my ticket signed of with the plates in that location.

dj_subculture
05-26-2007, 08:01 PM
So, I just got my EVO a couple days ago so plates are not in yet. But seriously... a front plate? Bleeck! I can't imagine ruining that piece of art with a ugly license plate!!

So a friend of mine suggested that I mount the plate on the lower part under the inlet and bend the plate to keep the shape of the car. (In order to remain legal).

Where did you buy your EVO?
Mitsu pays stealership to mount them. The front plate bracket should have been mounted before you picked it up.

flashfoto
05-26-2007, 09:33 PM

Where did you buy your EVO?
Mitsu pays stealership to mount them. The front plate bracket should have been mounted before you picked it up.

No, the mounting bracket was in the trunk with the mounting hardware. No biggie, I can do it easy enough. It's just a shame to have a plate on the front. I got it from Long Beach Mitsu

Evolutionized
05-26-2007, 10:13 PM
same here i got mine with the stuff in the trunk! thanks god... i will never put a front plate on the evo!

vortech_g35
05-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Maybe I'll be unique and put a plate on the front :P.

leaveit2bevo
05-27-2007, 12:42 PM
the only dealerships that dont drill the bumper are south coast hb and long beach.

LiquidLife
05-27-2007, 02:04 PM
I had mine drilled. Looks fine to the side so as to not block any wind to the IC. Whatever, I didn't want to have it put on at first for the same reason, but I thought about it, and whatever I can do to make it harder for a cop to pull me over is what I'm going to do. I rather not have Cops snooping around my engine bay.

marcpaelo
06-29-2012, 10:39 PM
may meet ba kau? san kau nag mmeet?

nicklulu
06-29-2012, 10:47 PM
may meet ba kau? san kau nag mmeet?

Marc,

Pare I think you posted to the wrong thread.

You re awaken a 5 yr thread.

lol.

no worries though

marcpaelo
06-29-2012, 11:22 PM
oh my!! i am very sorry..haha i got multiple browsers open kasi haha ok ok ill delete it..

05EVO8MR
06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
well since the thread is bumped, just registered my car in florida whooooooooo no front plate!!!

nicklulu
06-30-2012, 04:35 PM
well since the thread is bumped, just registered my car in florida whooooooooo no front plate!!!

lol, good for you. O0

marcpaelo
07-03-2012, 08:54 PM
now i got my plate.. should i put on the front mount plate or put it on the windshield?

nicklulu
07-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Either mount it on the license plate holder or use double sided tape.

EvoEvol
07-15-2012, 10:14 PM
the only dealerships that dont drill the bumper are south coast hb and long beach.

I got mine from victorville and told them if I show up and see holes, i go home with my check.
No holes :)

TOMinLA
08-19-2012, 01:48 PM
:police: :knuppel2:
I got a ticket last month in Culver City from a CHP. for no front plate. So I took off the 6 screws off under the front bunper. Put my hand back there with 2 wing nuts. Put the plate in the center of the wire mesh And put the front plate on. Went to have the ticket signed off. Then went home took the 6 screws off and the plate. Hate that plate. Easy to do. I will try to post a picture.Â* :D

TOMinLA
08-19-2012, 01:50 PM
nn

pjs4x
08-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Does anyone have instruction on how to install the front plate without drilling the bumper? Thank you.

noevo_nomivec
08-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Good old 3M double sided tape works perfectly fine. hahahaha.

evil_evo
08-27-2012, 03:09 AM
i have mine screwed onto the license plate bracket and have the bracket 3m taped onto my bumper

chinoxmk22
08-27-2012, 07:04 PM
eh, when I get pulled over I just double side that shit on and get it checked off. my local pd is chill so they don't really care. its outside of my city where I get these damn tickets.

kuroko
09-01-2012, 11:59 PM
i have never mounted any lic plate brackets on any of my bumpers for any car. destroys the look. if you are in cali, i wouldnt worry until you get pulled over. drove my car for years and its a simple sign off for double sided tape plate.

Sev
09-05-2012, 09:48 AM
I just zip tie in front of the front mount temporarily.

Saberwolf
02-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Don't give em a reason to pull you over...unless you don't mind that. I'd rather just avoid the hassle in the first place. My evo has the plate affixed to the front bumper almost at the oem location with industrial velcro strips. Like really industrial strength stuff...been driving it for five years and it's still fastened securely to the bumper. Even though it's velcro, I don't think it's designed to be removed and affixed repeatedly so I just leave it alone.

There was an instance a few years ago where a LA county sheriff passed by me going the other direction, looked at me and the car as he passed, he then busted a bish, followed and popped me. When he asked the famous first question I replied with a "no, I do not." He said it was because I don't have a front plate. I said that I did and asked him to take a look. He then got suspicious and ordered me to keep my hands on the wheel while he checked the front end. Came back and said I guess you do. He then asked for my license, insurance and reg then left for a moment and came back with a fix-it ticket for my APS exhaust which has since been removed (partially ;)).

This happened again about a few months later with the LAPD except I didn't get hassled for my exhaust. The officer received a call on his portable radio while he was standing at my door and had to split real fast.

chinoxmk22
02-12-2013, 01:29 PM
^^^^^

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/z-6-a-6-c-6-h/readallthatshit.jpg .

jamesinger
02-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Matt at RRE fabbed up a simple dimple die metal bracket that can be bolted or 3Med to the underside of your DS duct.
It weighs something ridiculous like .06 of a pound but silly less than the stock bracket.
You can have it set up to be removable or just have it affixed because when you take it off, there is just a dimple die metal plate that is less than 3 fingers width coming up your bumper.
Mine is a prototype and I think the newer ones have gotten cleaner. If you are interested in seeing it, I will be at Buttonwillow Saturday and I go to RRE a lot, so feel free to PM me to ask me to meet you there. I will roll down there if I am not working.
I don't know about you guys but I hate driving around with no plate, especially in cities that I know the cops will just pull you over for whatever. I went 2 years with no plate and had no incidents but I serious stomach aches every time I saw cops. That started to just seem stupid to me, so I talked to Matt about a solution.
Hit him up.
I assume these will be cheaper than OEM, lighter than OEM, cleaner than OEM and less permanent than OEM (i.e. no holes on the front of the bumper and no holes underneath if you want to go the 3M route).

evoX600RR
02-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Matt at RRE fabbed up a simple dimple die metal bracket that can be bolted or 3Med to the underside of your DS duct.
It weighs something ridiculous like .06 of a pound but silly less than the stock bracket.
You can have it set up to be removable or just have it affixed because when you take it off, there is just a dimple die metal plate that is less than 3 fingers width coming up your bumper.
Mine is a prototype and I think the newer ones have gotten cleaner. If you are interested in seeing it, I will be at Buttonwillow Saturday and I go to RRE a lot, so feel free to PM me to ask me to meet you there. I will roll down there if I am not working.
I don't know about you guys but I hate driving around with no plate, especially in cities that I know the cops will just pull you over for whatever. I went 2 years with no plate and had no incidents but I serious stomach aches every time I saw cops. That started to just seem stupid to me, so I talked to Matt about a solution.
Hit him up.
I assume these will be cheaper than OEM, lighter than OEM, cleaner than OEM and less permanent than OEM (i.e. no holes on the front of the bumper and no holes underneath if you want to go the 3M route).

Do u think he can do something for the X?

jamesinger
02-12-2013, 05:20 PM
If you ask him, I am sure. Matt can pretty much fab anything if you give him an idea of what you want. I have seen him do stuff from full on roll cages to a springloaded thingy that stops my dipstick from popping off...

evoX600RR
02-12-2013, 06:20 PM
NICE!!! I'll hit him up, thanks

Saberwolf
02-12-2013, 10:54 PM
:grin: lol chinoxmk22

chinoxmk22
02-12-2013, 11:17 PM
:2funny: .