PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Coilovers!! Need your Help =)!!~!@~!#~@#~

500whp
12-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Right now we are looking into what the general Evo community have for their Coilovers, or any Set up they have done Example: John Muller RRE JIC Set up.

Please give me input on what you want for your suspension set up, how offten you go to the track, amount of knowledge you have on suspension tuning, or anything else you have to say about ur experience w/ the current setup u have w/ your suspension.

For the Poll please on your post let me know what type of coilovers u have on that brand u picked!

Thanks guys!

Chris in SD
12-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Tell them to make soft springs (7 kgf/mm or so) and have firm dampers. The problem with most JDM coilovers are the ridiculous spring-rates... That gives that crappy ride - I want a good, well-damped ride like Bilstein or Ohlins

gofaster87
12-09-2004, 01:44 PM
You may want to work with a differnet coilover setup. Works already sells custom tuned zeals for the Evo.

500whp
12-09-2004, 05:41 PM
You may want to work with a differnet coilover setup. Works already sells custom tuned zeals for the Evo.

yes works do have a set~! they are selling the Super Function R which is the top of the line coilovers!

What we are trying to build is a street/track mix, the super function R is for track only =)

leaveit2bevo
12-09-2004, 05:48 PM
no matter what coilovers you buy someone is going to have to tune them, out of the box I dont think any of those will perform very well.

AD_LIB
12-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Works is selling the V6 Zeils as well that have the 6k spring rate...i think thats what i'm looking at going with.

IS2000
12-09-2004, 07:14 PM
How about custom tuned HKS Hypermax coilovers?