PDA

View Full Version : What size are our speakers?

ovenmit331
12-10-2004, 02:45 PM
What are the speaker sizes for the rears? the fronts in the door? and the tweeters? and is it a pain to get to the tweeters in the A-pillar? thanks for your help, i'm thinking about upgrading. anyone want the old speakers?

BOVBILLY
12-10-2004, 03:07 PM
good question. i am having my stereo done for x-mas.

donatevo
12-10-2004, 08:16 PM
What are the speaker sizes for the rears? the fronts in the door? and the tweeters? and is it a pain to get to the tweeters in the A-pillar? thanks for your help, i'm thinking about upgrading. anyone want the old speakers?Frontsdoor/Rear deck: 6-1/2 inch, Tweeters 1 inch.

AD_LIB
12-13-2004, 01:41 PM
the twets are easy to get to you just have to remove the A pillar takes like 15-20 mins tops

ovenmit331
12-13-2004, 01:43 PM
you guys rule, thanks a LOT

SkunkyEvolution
12-31-2004, 02:20 AM
VERY INTERESTED IN STOCK SPEAKERS!!! (for a good price) get back to me about this, or on aim at bmw skunk.....thanks

Takashi
01-04-2005, 03:42 AM
you can also fit 6.75" speakers in the front and back...

ovenmit331
01-04-2005, 10:55 AM
so to install new tweeters with external crossovers and all, do I need to re-run wire from the tweeter to the 6 ½" door speaker? Any re-wiring need to be done at all? or just stick in the new speakers?

alex_alex
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
the twets are easy to get to you just have to remove the A pillar takes like 15-20 mins tops

hey were you able to get your a-pillars out perfectly or did you mess up some of the clips? haven't tried it yet but worried about that

BOVBILLY
01-04-2005, 02:54 PM

hey were you able to get your a-pillars out perfectly or did you mess up some of the clips? haven't tried it yet but worried about that

MY STEREO SHOP CHIPPED MY PASSENGER EXTERNAL CLIP THING. THEY ORDERED IT AND REPLACED IT ALREADY!

alex_alex
01-04-2005, 02:57 PM

MY STEREO SHOP CHIPPED MY PASSENGER EXTERNAL CLIP THING. THEY ORDERED IT AND REPLACED IT ALREADY!

yeah thats why i was asking :) when i had my a-pillar installed, they messed it up too. When i put a new stock one back in, i realized how much of a PITA it was just to get it IN correctly, didn't even wanna think about removing it.

VladEVO
08-21-2006, 08:58 AM
so to install new tweeters with external crossovers and all, do I need to re-run wire from the tweeter to the 6 ?" door speaker? Any re-wiring need to be done at all? or just stick in the new speakers?

Good question.Â* I've noticed all the good front (5" and 6.5") mount speakers come with a crossover and a satellite tweeter.Â* It costs very little to upgrade to it.Â* Now installing it might be a bitch.Â*
Does anybody know where the front speaker splice is?Â* Meaning where does the parallel connection for the tweeter and 6.5" take place?Â* Usually it goes to the higher wattage speaker first and then a parallel connection is made to the lower wattage speakers with the appropriate wire guage.
Chime in if you have installed this yourself.
Mine went out because of an aftermarket head unit- 4 x 55W Kenwood.

egui42
08-21-2006, 12:55 PM
What kind of speakers are u upgrading to? I just put in sub, amped the stock speakers, and they sound amazing.

diegoalunan
10-12-2006, 02:08 PM
hi guys, this maybe and off topic but here it goes, has anyone heard of performance teknique subs and amps?.. are they any good at all?..