PDA

View Full Version : H.I.D's?

WhiteEvoRS
12-14-2004, 05:29 PM
I was wondering how to install h.i.d's in my RS?or would it be easier to buy the evo headlights that already have the h.i.d's? Thanks!!

Boosted
12-14-2004, 05:46 PM
why do you want hid's? save all the money you would spend on new headlight housings and lights and just get sylvania silverstar bulbs (i hope I spelled that right)

WhiteEvoRS
12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
ya i guess that would be alot easier and alot cheaper to. thanks!!!

Wicked05
12-15-2004, 08:29 PM
try xenondepot.com

ur RS most likely has 9006 bulbs....you can buy their conversion kit...they have 4300k and 6000k....and it's a Phillips KIT

don't know 'bout RS....but i had to pull off the bumper and headlight housings on my 05 GSR to install....

owner's manual lies when it says you can swap it out from under the wheel-well cover....

don't know why mitsu made it so tight....

hope this helps....

evomrguy
12-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Another problem with installing the hids is that your headlight housings are not made for them. You will blind oncoming traffic with the hids in your standard housing because it will be like driving with your high beams on. You will have to get the hid housing, which are about $700 plus you will need an hid kit which is about another $400-500.
Boosted is right, just go buy a set of the sylvania silverstar headlights, had a set in my old car and they looked really good. Thats only $30. Then you have enought left over to buy a turbo back exhaust and a boost controller. Those are a lot more fun than slightly brighter headlights IMO.
Good luck either way though.

Wicked05
12-15-2004, 09:17 PM
i do agree as well......it all depends on what you want...

...the housing is not made for it and is somewhat scattered, ...and you can blind oncoming traffic...but the projector helps a bit.. ...i adjusted mine down so my beam hits lower..i was greedy...had to have HID's ...to me, it is alot better than stock...

since i had to pull the bumper...and headlamps...i couldn't justify doin all the work for just bulb replacement...

Silverstars are very good...have them in my wife's toyota highlander...and it lights up pretty good as well....

CT9A RS
01-13-2005, 04:47 AM
umm i dont know bout all the blinding oncoming traffic. I guess if u dont level ur lights. I have plenty of friends with HID kits in cars that arent meant to be HID theyre just fine. Like all the JDM ITR front end guys. Most of them dont get the oem HID headlamps and instead just put kits in their. Or the scooby owners.

now depending on the heat range you choose to go with will determine the color. I think around 4100 is pure white. 4600 is like most oems. BMW and Lexus is pretty blue i dont think they run 6000s probably like a 5300. 6000 is a nice blue. nething higher is really obnoxious. 8000 is straight blue it looks disgusting and doesnt light up the road for shiet.
the whiter the brighter.

-Serge B.