PDA

View Full Version : need recommendations on a security/alarm system

apexstrafer
12-15-2004, 12:35 PM
preferably the kind that'll immediately page/call me when someone's stupid enough to eff with my car.

too many cases of break-ins and theft going on lately...

GokuSSJ4
12-15-2004, 12:40 PM
you have GPS system that if the vehicle is move or broken into they can page you or call you at your cell phone, to let you know if you are aware of it.

BOVBILLY
12-15-2004, 01:08 PM
you have GPS system that if the vehicle is move or broken into they can page you or call you at your cell phone, to let you know if you are aware of it.

we do?

apexstrafer
12-15-2004, 01:14 PM
^^^ goku, are you talking about lojack "early warning"? that thing sucks a mountain of ass. I had that on my last evo and I constantly got bogus calls telling me my car was being stolen - while I was driving it - half an hour after I started driving.

I know there are better ones than that out there.

Skiracer
12-15-2004, 01:35 PM
I got a Viper alarm with a 2 way pager and built in turbo timer. . Here's the thread i wrote up discussing it: http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3460&highlight=alarm+built+turbo+timer

GokuSSJ4
12-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Jeff-
there several companies that make GPS systems (not just lo-jack)
you have Viper for example , i know some other companies let me look for more info on it.

An billy maybe i should of said you can look into a GPS system :P , better ??!!

ultraflip
12-15-2004, 01:38 PM
i've got a "steal shield ultra xr7000"
it pages me when/if my alarm goes off
it tells me which section of the car is being broken into
it also has a built in turbo timer
it has auto start
etc. etc.
oh... it works up to 3000 feet away from my car

Timujin
12-20-2004, 01:20 AM
it has auto start
etc. etc.

Just my luck I sit on the start button 3000 feet away.

apexstrafer
12-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Jeff-
there several companies that make GPS systems (not just lo-jack)
you have Viper for example , i know some other companies let me look for more info on it.

An billy maybe i should of said you can look into a GPS system :P , better ??!!

any other good systems, thomas? I want to get something real soon...

it has auto start
etc. etc.

does just the auto-start work from 3000 feet or is that the range for the alarm page too? I think I'd want something that works via satellite or something so that range isn't an issue.

trinydex
12-20-2004, 07:48 PM
hey simon have you actually tested your alarm? as in like leave the window open and then unlock your car from the inside without disarming... does this thing page you? will it page you if the car is rocked? because i want an alarm that will call me when the shock sensor goes off, and set the shock sensor high, so if someone tries to make off with your wheels it'll be paging you.

Skiracer
12-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Ya i tested the alarm. The alarm has a dual shock sensor to send out a light chirp for light taps to the car and when something hard hits the car, the siren will go off. I will get a page letting me know if its a minor or hard impact. Alarm will also go off if any doors/hood opens and i will get a page as well. The pager unit tells me which sensor goes off and if its a minor or hard impact.

EVOate909
12-20-2004, 08:14 PM
i have the viper alarm as well...
skiracer_blah mentioned all the features that comes wid it

u can add 3-4 additional things and you can control it with the same remote...
on my alarm i have the glass break sensor, tilt sensor, and trunk pop... :P

Skiracer
12-20-2004, 08:16 PM
So, if i drop a glass Snapple bottle next to your car your glass sensor is gonna go off? Hhehehe

EVOate909
12-20-2004, 08:22 PM
So, if i drop a glass Snapple bottle next to your car your glass sensor is gonna go off? Hhehehe

haha..
it can but sensitivity can be adjusted :P

bonestockevo8
12-20-2004, 09:43 PM
preferably the kind that'll immediately page/call me when someone's stupid enough to eff with my car.

too many cases of break-ins and theft going on lately... the viper 791 xv like skiracer has (I had it on my integra, excellent alarm) or the clifford matrix which is the same thing pretty much. (made by same parent company, directed).

GokuSSJ4
12-21-2004, 01:13 AM
here is a link jeff, which gives you different brands of alarm systems. from alarms, GPS, to 2-way paging (which some are limited to distance) is really up to you how much you want to pay.
http://www.directed.com/

OLIVER IX
12-15-2006, 02:16 AM
compustar.. located in washi ngton state. www.compustar.com