PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Titanium Exhaust System?

Evolution22plus1
12-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Just lookin for opinions on the Greddy Titanium Exhaust. Im thinkin about buying it next month. I think it might be too much for just everyday driving. Theres a sound clip on roadraceengineering.com

gofaster87
12-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Titanium is a waste of money. Pay less and get another exhaust, use extra money for another mod.

tama_mog
12-16-2004, 12:58 AM
it's a nice piece, but I am gettin rid of it because with my setup the car will be too loud.....but on a relatively moderately modded car it's not that loud and the finish is top notch. Let me know if you want to get one from me heh, the exhaust is @ roadrace now.

leaveit2bevo
12-16-2004, 12:14 PM
you wantto trade for a hks titanium :)

TylerO@WORKS
01-10-2005, 08:29 PM
paper thin flanges... they leak like crazy.

Blaze
01-10-2005, 09:24 PM
paper thin flanges... they leak like crazy.

Why would paper thin flanges leak?
Do the flex (expand) in such a way that this occurs?
I don't imagine this could happen anywhere except @ the cat.
And the cats flange is pretty thick.

Please explain.

Thanx,

Blaze

evo mr
01-12-2005, 02:44 PM
i put an RS-R EXMAG GTII on my evo mr and the exhaust has a unique tone and it has a nice roar going down the street. it backfire a lot wen the exhaust gets hot enough. :lol: i have a full turboback exhaust with cat delete and the piping is 80mm. :twisted:

kipper215
01-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Titanium is a waste of money. Pay less and get another exhaust, use extra money for another mod.

that is oh so true. 8)

Muramasa
01-12-2005, 03:01 PM
I like my greddy ti. :evil:

ultraflip
01-12-2005, 03:03 PM
kudos for the blinb bling factor... not the greatest for performance factor

Blaze
01-12-2005, 03:20 PM

Why is that? The larger diameter exhaust is unnecessary for OEM turbos? Or does the lack of back pressure decrease the spool time on the turbo (again assuming OEM).

I think I'd be willing to loose 2-3 WHP if I could shed that much weight. Then again, maybe I'm shedding weight from the wrong part of the car. :?

Blaze

leaveit2bevo
01-12-2005, 03:24 PM

Why is that? The larger diameter exhaust is unnecessary for OEM turbos? Or does the lack of back pressure decrease the spool time on the turbo (again assuming OEM).

I think I'd be willing to loose 2-3 WHP if I could shed that much weight. Then again, maybe I'm shedding weight from the wrong part of the car. :?

Blaze

on turbo cars the bigger the better

Evo-8
01-12-2005, 03:32 PM

Blaze

on turbo cars the bigger the better

Bevo is thinking about man sausage not exhausts. Don't mind him.

Mike W
01-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I just crawled under three GReddy Ti exhausted cars. No warped flanges. One with 5,500 track miles and a trip backwards through the water barriers to the outside of turn 8 at Willow Springs. Maybe it is an install problem? Not saying that a gorilla cant mess one up. Yes they are thin but still lots better than slip fittings. If they put thick flanges on them it would about double the weight of the exhaust :-P It is the exhaust we use on our race cars if we have to buy them. All exhausts make the same power pretty much, with a Ti system you are paying for the light weight. If you have the cash, why not. If you all were into doing what was the most bang for the buck you'd be driving 1G AWDs :-)

Mike W

nefblkevo
01-12-2005, 05:05 PM
I would love to get one. I've been fiending for months now. I've come close on two occasions when guys were parting out their car, but each time didn't work out. I just can't justify the $900.

BOVBILLY
01-12-2005, 05:14 PM
$900.00.

fudge that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buy mine!!

moogle
01-24-2005, 12:27 AM
$900 hell no. Its in the low 800's bro, if you pay 900 u got ripped off.

Coolguy949
01-24-2005, 12:58 AM
On sale til tuesday...

http://www.myevostore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_38&products_id=96