PDA

View Full Version : Should I change out my tires?

ovenmit331
12-20-2004, 02:19 PM
OK guys, need a little advice. and try to keep it constructive if possible. I'm driving to Little Rock, Arkansas (don't ask) from San Antonio, TX on the 22nd and coming back on the 26th. Advan AO46's aren't supposed to be used in temps below 40º. Well the temps in the mornings in San An, Dallas (stopping there two days), and Little Rock are going to be 30º, 21º, 25º, 13º, 27º, and 32º. The worst day, the temp won't ever be above 28º. SOOOO, should I change my tires? I've driven with them below 40º before and I can tell a difference, and can even feel a flat spot on them in the mornings before I drive them at all (from them basically freezing solid). After about 5 or 10 minutes of CAREFUL driving they warm up and everything is ok. But its never been below 30º. 13 is a FAR CRY from 30. So, change or don't change? If so, which tires? Been thinking Continental ContiExtremeContact, Kuhmo ECSTA ASX, and Sumitomo HTR+. These are the only ones I could get installed before I leave. What do you guys think?

BOVBILLY
12-20-2004, 02:20 PM
RENT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

ovenmit331
12-20-2004, 02:31 PM
RENT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!New Tires will run me around $600 installed and everything. A rental car, being that I'm 23, for a week (ends up cheaper than 6 days) is $300. And thats basically throwing that $300 away. At least I have new tires this way, which last longer than a week, BARELY...