PDA

View Full Version : HELP INSTALLING 4 PT HARNESS

CT9A RS
12-21-2004, 01:56 PM
I just got a Team Tech 4pt harness yesterday. Its a latch in setup. I wouldnt have ne trouble installing it but I cant find the right eye bolts newhere.

I went to Ace Hardware. Home Depot. And some other hardware store by my house. No one has eye bolts with fine threads only course.

HELP ME FIND EYE BOLTS. Please

Ne help would be much appreciated.

-Serge B.

BOVBILLY
12-21-2004, 01:57 PM
http://www.screwman.co.za/welcome_page.jpg

CT9A RS
12-21-2004, 02:04 PM
I dont have a digi cam so cant take pics but this is what they look like.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjk5MzcxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjk5MzcyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I NEED EYE BOLTS.

CT9A RS
12-21-2004, 02:05 PM
wuts the screw man??

BOVBILLY
12-21-2004, 02:05 PM
i don't know. just found the pic. sorry for thread jacking! :):)

Skiracer
12-21-2004, 02:06 PM
try using a Google search
Also, try amazon.com shopping.yahoo.com

trannb
12-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Dynamic Autosports can get you the eye bolts from Sparco. Crow Enterprizes also has their own. Sube Sports only has the $9 clip in kits.

500whp
12-21-2004, 03:16 PM
U can use all stock bolts!!!!!!!! 2 in the back, 1 on the seat and 1 on the side of the door!

gofaster87
12-21-2004, 03:18 PM
How does a set of belts not come with eye bolts? I would give the shop or the belt company shit.

CT9A RS
12-21-2004, 03:26 PM
yeah seriously i thought it would come with bolts but i guess not

the belts r dope though

Sube quoted me 13 for the eye bolt kit. Bastards.
But Dynamic. I forgot about them my buddy has an account with them so ill see if i can get a good price from him.

trannb
12-21-2004, 03:55 PM
U can use all stock bolts!!!!!!!! 2 in the back, 1 on the seat and 1 on the side of the door!

He asked for eye bolts because he has a snap-in type harness. You cannot use the stock bolts for this type of harness (though you can use the stock bolt locations)

CT9A EvoRS, they should be $3 each from Dynamic. Crow is a manufacturer and can also get you some, but I prefer the Sparco eye bolts as they have a beefier base.

MAFIOSO8
12-21-2004, 08:32 PM
when i purchased my sparco harnesses from rob they didn't come with bolts either. because u are sopossed to use the stock ones :D

ultraflip
12-21-2004, 08:34 PM

He asked for eye bolts because he has a snap-in type harness. You cannot use the stock bolts for this type of harness (though you can use the stock bolt locations)

CT9A EvoRS, they should be $3 each from Dynamic. Crow is a manufacturer and can also get you some, but I prefer the Sparco eye bolts as they have a beefier base.

listen to trannb... he knows his shizzle... don't listen to evo8rpm... he eats trannb's shizzle

jbigelow
12-21-2004, 08:50 PM
call tein USA or a tein dealer. tein usa is the US TAKATA harness ditributor.

they can get you the screw eyebolts.

my takata harnesses came with the eyebolts already.

here is a link for the bolts from upgrade motorsports.

the bolts are kinda expensive though:
http://www.upgrademotoring.com/safety/takata_racing_harness.htm

-john

CT9A RS
12-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Yeah talked to Dynamic n they dont have in stock but they get them from Sparco. Talked to Sparco yesterday n they said they were out.

I talked to Crow just now. They said they have them. Not sure if they fit the Evo but they say they havent found a car they dont fit.I dont know if theres a universal DOT regulation size or somethin n thats why?? But im prayin to god they do fit.They are closed tomorrow but the guy said he'll be there neways so to swing by.

Neways thanks everyone for the help n advice.

-Serge B.

sparcoevo
12-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Yeah talked to Dynamic n they dont have in stock but they get them from Sparco. Talked to Sparco yesterday n they said they were out.

-Serge B.

I'm not sure who you spoke to in our sales office, but we absolutely have eye bolts and snap-in kits IN STOCK. If you call back and don't get the answer you are looking for, tell them to speak with me.

Sorry for the confusion.

Scott

gofaster87
12-23-2004, 10:16 AM

I talked to Crow just now. They said they have them. Not sure if they fit the Evo but they say they havent found a car they dont fit.I dont know if theres a universal DOT regulation size or somethin n thats why?? But im prayin to god they do fit.They are closed tomorrow but the guy said he'll be there neways so to swing by.

Neways thanks everyone for the help n advice.

-Serge B.

All japanese cars use the same thread for seat belt bolts so the eye bolts should work just fine. If you cant find them just get the Scroth eye bolts from Sube sports. I have them in my car and they fit just fine.

CT9A RS
12-23-2004, 02:25 PM

-Serge B.

I'm not sure who you spoke to in our sales office, but we absolutely have eye bolts and snap-in kits IN STOCK. If you call back and don't get the answer you are looking for, tell them to speak with me.

Sorry for the confusion.

Scott

I got the crow eye bolts this morning. But if u guys have a shorter bolt for the inside of the seat i would love to get one of those. Right now i have my harness bolted up but i cant put my cubby hole/cup holder thing back down all the way. Im gonna be in SF until January but id like to come pick one up then. If not tomorrow morning early if u guys r open.

-Serge B.

trinydex
01-09-2005, 11:30 PM
when i purchased my sparco harnesses from rob they didn't come with bolts either. because u are sopossed to use the stock ones :D

you still need new bolts, that's because you most likely want to keep the stock rear belts in place and if that is the case then you must have a longer bolt to have enough threads left over after you stack all the belts eyes together.