PDA

View Full Version : Installed Tein S-techs now car is crooked?!?!

The Emperor
12-28-2004, 12:15 AM
after my mechanic install the Tein S-techs my left front wheel gap seems to be higher than my right front wheel gap. Is there something wrong with the spring? or is there something wrong with the installation or aligment?

right front wheel gap i can fit 1 finger in.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/stithis/DSC02103.jpg

left front wheel gap i can fit 2 fingers in.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/stithis/DSC02102.jpg

evomrguy
12-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Two things I would check:

1. I know its obvious, but are there green s tech springs at all four corners of the car? Maybe he forgot to install one, stranger things happen.

2. He may have not seated one of the springs in its cup at the bottom of the strut, it could be off, which would effectively raise the height a little. The strut has a dip in it where the end of the spring slots into, if he didnt line it up it could be sitting over it raising the spring height.

I think you should check those two things first, for the second one you would have to take the wheels off the car.

alex_alex
12-28-2004, 02:20 AM
make sure the ground is completely level too

The Emperor
12-28-2004, 04:36 AM
even when the car is not on level ground, the right side is still lower than the left. And my mechanic did put the spring right on the indent on the lower strut. maybe the upper strut is installed wrong??

Nebolic
12-28-2004, 08:25 AM
i dont have the gap problem but I do have the problem of my car pulling to the right. I had alignment done to the car but it still pulls to the right.

Nebo

gevo
12-28-2004, 12:42 PM
I was considering those springs for my car but..... :?

The Emperor
12-28-2004, 02:29 PM

haha nothing is wrong with the springs man. its just the installation. Even with the installation wrong, the car handles like stock without any body roll.

gevo
12-28-2004, 02:53 PM

haha nothing is wrong with the springs man. its just the installation. Even with the installation wrong, the car handles like stock without any body roll.

I realize that..just post whoring a little :D

bonestockevo8
12-28-2004, 08:09 PM
I heard that the left side is usually a little higher to compensate for the drivers weight, not sure if that applies to your specific case though...

Chase101
12-28-2004, 08:33 PM
I had a similar problem after having some Eibach springs installed recently. The nut that holds the strut together got crossthreaded and didn't seat all the way down. On one side there was about 3/4in. of thread sticking out over the nut but on the side that was crossthreaded there was about 1/2 in. and it caused about an inch of height difference. I would measure yours to make sure that they are the same. If not I would pull that strut out and reinstall.

Ralliartpnoi
12-29-2004, 03:13 AM
haha i just bought my s-tech's today...hopefully i dont screw up the install at my school =)

CT9A RS
01-03-2005, 10:50 PM
I was thinkin bout the S Techs but i dont know bout all that. Yeah check to see if the tops of the struts r tightened down properly. as for the 1/4" causing 1" of gap sounds weird but check all that. Also neone else notice S techs never look right on cars.

Timujin
01-07-2005, 07:04 PM
I had the same problem with the S-Techs on my 02 Civic Si. I got rid of the S-Techs because they were a softer rate than the factory springs and my car bottomed out way too much. I tried H&R Sport, S-Techs, and ended up with the Eibach Sportlines w/Konis.

It's always a good idea to measure before and after. Did you happen to measure (with fingers) your factory spring height(s)?