PDA

View Full Version : slow email notifications when new post arrives?

Skiracer
12-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Anyone notice that the email notifications from this site have been delayed recently? Or does my email provider just suck?

BOVBILLY
12-30-2004, 04:59 PM
it is slower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blame it on Dino the Dinosaur!

JanSolo
12-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Sorry, Dino is too busy playing world of warcraft to answer any posts or solve any server side issues. Best thing to do would be to buy the game and contact him there.

ultraflip
12-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Sorry, Dino is too busy playing world of warcraft to answer any posts or solve any server side issues. Best thing to do would be to buy the game and contact him there.

hahaha... So true

Skiracer
02-13-2005, 09:43 PM
I have not been getting any emails from this site whenever i select the "Notify me when a reply is posted" in the post replies link. Anybody else having this problem?

Boosted
02-14-2005, 12:32 AM

hahaha... So true

hahah thats the sad part

Macky
02-14-2005, 12:49 AM
it is slower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blame it on Dino the Dinosaur!

actually its boosted and gofaster87 who hog up the lines :lol:

gofaster87
02-14-2005, 12:59 AM
If I can hog up a 20mbit line from my house than I am god.

Skiracer
02-15-2005, 07:05 PM
So, anybody else not receiving emails when they reply to a post and select the box for "Notify me when a reply is posted"?? :?:

Coolguy949
02-21-2005, 11:05 PM
It should be working fine. Make sure your email address is correct in your profile. You wont beleive how many hundreds of "Message bounced" emails we get back from our mail server on a daily basis because of wrong email addresses.

Skiracer
02-21-2005, 11:06 PM
It should be working fine. Make sure your email address is correct in your profile. You wont beleive how many hundreds of "Message bounced" emails we get back from our mail server on a daily basis because of wrong email addresses.

Do you think you can look into why i'm not getting any email notifications from socalevo.net? I double checked my profile and everything seems to be fine. Problem started a few weeks ago... THanks!

drmosh
02-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Our e-mail system currently deals with a ton of e-mails with the number of members we have... it queues itself using a certain algorhythm in order not to overload other mail servers and itself... so it will get slower over time the more members we have.

We simply don't have the time or resources to build another mail server at this time.

leaveit2bevo
02-24-2005, 01:33 PM
who cares anyway do you really need the email telling you there is a new post?

Skiracer
02-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Our e-mail system currently deals with a ton of e-mails with the number of members we have... it queues itself using a certain algorhythm in order not to overload other mail servers and itself... so it will get slower over time the more members we have.

We simply don't have the time or resources to build another mail server at this time.

The problem i have is that i have not received any emails notifications for a few weeks. I double checked everything in my profile and double checked my spam settings on my email and still no notifications :(

Skiracer
03-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Ok, let me double check my spam filters. What's the email address of the email notification system when a new msg arrives? Isn't it something like: [email protected] ?