PDA

View Full Version : Weird RPM problem in new MR.. help?

daveguitar
01-02-2005, 07:12 PM
So I'm getting a very worrying issue in my MR. I installed a Hallman MBC a couple weeks ago successfully. However, yesterday, I just installed an Apex'i Turbo Timer and am now getting this problem...

The car feels a little weird when driving it (not the same). Here's what I've determined... When letting off the gas in high RPM and higher gear, the car doesn't "kick back" as usual, it is very smooth. I've determined that this is because the RPMs aren't dropping as fast as normal. For example, if I drive up to 3rd+ gear at 4000+ RPM and just pop the gear into neutral (no clutch) the RPMs just "float" and very very slowly drop down and once then hit 3500 they drop faster and normally. If I push in the clutch at high RPM while this "floating" is occurring, it will then drop faster (which makes me think that the problem is mechanical rather than electrical). :(

I can't make a connection between the Apex TT and my problem... Perhaps someone else can? I hooked up the parking brake wire correctly and the ground/o2 sensor wires into the ECU wires.

Obviously the ECU was reset and everything because I had the negative terminal disconnected in the car. I thought maybe the car was "re-learning" my driving habits or whatever, but I've put 14 miles on it since then and this is still occurring...

Other than those two mods, the car is completely stock with 6000 miles on it. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

el rey evo
01-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Search this on EvoM...there are several good threads...it is not your mods...I was getting it on my bone stock 05 MR, but never on my 03...

daveguitar
01-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Are you still getting it? If not, did anything in particular fix it?

el rey evo
01-02-2005, 09:05 PM
The possible causes have been discussed extensively...read the threads...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=74085

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=114188

No, no fix... :evil:

h22gordo
01-11-2005, 07:24 PM
daveguitar,

I'm getting the same thing on my '05 MR (all stock)
I though it was just me how I was driving.

Guess not.

chicknfeet
01-11-2005, 10:18 PM
I was getting the same thing on my 05 MR till I installed the HKS 272/272 problem gone...
I am not saying its the cams but it stopped