PDA

View Full Version : SCC Ultimate Car at Auto Show..Thanks Rob

kimletrim
01-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Just attended the LA Car Show and in did in fact attend the crowning of the EVO as the SCC of the year for the second straight year. Yeah! Thank you Rob for setting up the free ticket.

This should be a short thread since only 20 people were supposed to get the free tickets. :D

Muramasa
01-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Thank you very much Rob.

Paul Kendall
01-08-2005, 02:14 AM
I went on thursday night.

Richard EVO
01-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the free ticket. I got to see the whole auto show, and went to the Dr. Evo reception. Sport Compact Car made a presentation of the second year in a row "Car of the Year Award" to the EVO VIII.

The best car at the L.A. show, IMHO, was the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve. Quad-Turbo 12 cylinder engine and carbon fiber body. 850 hp, 0 - 60 mph in 2.9 seconds, 0 - 100 mph in 6.2 seconds, 1/4 mile in 10.4 seconds at 142 mph, and top speed of 248 mph !!!

Also, there was a Lotus Exige in the aftermarket exhibits, that had the same 0 - 60 mph as the Four-Twelve.

All in all, it was not one of the best auto shows. Not that many interesting debuts. The Ferrari F430 is nice, and the new VW Jetta looks cool. I like the new Audi A4 bigmouth grille, but the tail-lights are ugly.

So much for my review. :D

How did you get in on Thursday night? The show started on Friday. Are you with a mfgr.?

(Actually, I got my free ticket from Mark at EvoM, but thanks anyway.) :D

Coolguy949
01-08-2005, 06:29 PM
You guys are very welcome! The person we should really thank is Margo at Mitsubishi Motors who hooked us up with the tickets. I will send her our thanks.

Rob