PDA

View Full Version : Autometer Nexus Gauges...What do you think?

xxfairenoughxx
01-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Saw these featured in a magazine. What do you guys think about them? I priced them they're only about $100 more than the defi off some e-gauges website so theyd probably get really close if someone here could get them.

<A HREF=http://hp.autometer.com/products/nexus/index.html>Hear is the link for the stats of them etc.</A>

DTunedEvoX
01-08-2005, 04:34 PM
I think they are pretty hot ... I dont know about the remote control - thats pretty rice but I guess its convinient lol .. *shrug* I do admit they are mad expensive - but if you got the money ... It'd be a toss up between these and the Defi BF's ...

MAFIOSO8
01-09-2005, 01:32 AM
wow

Ev0WN3D
01-09-2005, 06:00 AM
they look like the stuff coming out of taiwanese factories since last year... defi look a likes.

DTunedEvoX
01-09-2005, 06:51 AM
they look like the stuff coming out of taiwanese factories since last year... defi look a likes.

Dont know if you've even researched these - this does more than what a Defi gauge does ....

:roll:

gevo
01-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Damn, just bought Defi BF Guage. If I had seen these guages prolly would have bought them.

xxfairenoughxx
01-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Can anyone here get these or have any firsthand experience with them?

Blaze
01-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Autometer has always offered one of the best bang for bucks (as far as gauges go).

This series looks nice, but I thought they had more of a domestic feel. Like something that would look nice in a supercharged Mustang.

It's probably just the chrome lip doing that though.

Blaze

grico42
01-10-2005, 10:53 AM
hmmm at first look i liked them, after seeing the price i would probably go Defi's instead. Then again i like the bit more sleeper look of the face being completely black when off. These would be good on a show car.

As Blaze put it, I also have always seen Auto Meter as the American car gauge. I have all Auto Meter's on my Camaro, and they seem to fit nicely.

They do look good though. If the Camaro wasnt set to go only 1/4 of a mile and set up for show i would be all over these for it. hehe.

CT9A RS
01-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Yeah good for a showed out 5.0 or something. Looks like they are tryin to have a cool start up sequence like defi. Too many color selections start getting too ricey with the color changing and the remote. Theyre charging a premium and theyre market is the apc crowd hmm.

Cool features but still rice to me.

I would much rather go with DEFI BF series guages. For the EVO in the red illumination set up.

If you want colors go for some Omori guages.

Im personally using the oem Mitsu optional guages cuz its an RS. Theyre not the best but they work for me. Im not plannin on needing more than what i have.

-Serge B.

gofaster87
01-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Dont know if you've even researched these - this does more than what a Defi gauge does ....

I checked the specs and the only extra features seem to be the extra colors and remote. I think Ill stick with something thats been around a while and proven itself. Ive used autometer in the past and never had a problem but when it came to the Evo this wasnt the case.

DTunedEvoX
01-13-2005, 03:47 PM

I checked the specs and the only extra features seem to be the extra colors and remote. I think Ill stick with something thats been around a while and proven itself. Ive used autometer in the past and never had a problem but when it came to the Evo this wasnt the case.

I couldnt afford them anyway ... Defi BF Amber series for me anyhow lol ..

NipponHamFighters
01-13-2005, 11:48 PM
innacurate, cheap internals, never enough parts for full installation.

xxfairenoughxx
01-14-2005, 04:11 PM
how are they innaccurate if they're electronic? Sorry if that sounds like a newb question but my assumption that almost all electronic gauges fall within a certain range of accuarcy (i.e. boost with be with .25 psi or whatever) but when you got into the mechanical gauges it was much higher (like within 2 psi). Did what I just say make me sound really stupid? I'm just trying to get an accurate gauge but I kind of like not being like everyone else.

DTunedEvoX
01-14-2005, 04:30 PM
how are they innaccurate if they're electronic? Sorry if that sounds like a newb question but my assumption that almost all electronic gauges fall within a certain range of accuarcy (i.e. boost with be with .25 psi or whatever) but when you got into the mechanical gauges it was much higher (like within 2 psi). Did what I just say make me sound really stupid? I'm just trying to get an accurate gauge but I kind of like not being like everyone else.

No you are right ... ^^^ that guy is based purely as assumption as with all manufacturers each of there products have a measure of failure ... As far as not comming with everything for install - every car is different so I guess that can be true ..

I had no problems with autometer gauges on my previous car - you should be fine ...

If you want accurate you can also take a look @ a Zeitronix ... I believe a few members on here have one .. Tokeone from the top of my head ...

CT9A RS
01-14-2005, 07:40 PM
see i like having what other people dont have as well. But you dont want to take it to the point where u pick up crap cuz no one else has it. And you dont pick up good products cuz everyone else has it.

-Serge B.

Hallster
01-14-2005, 08:06 PM
I like these gauges. These don't look ricey to me. The picture on summit's site does it more justice.
Someone please buy me the boost gauge. Here's the part on summit's site:

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=esearch.asp&N=110&Ntk=KeywordSearch&Ntt=autometer+nexus&x=13&y=10

Its been awhile since i looked at DEFI's stuff. I'll have to take another look at it.

Hallster

NipponHamFighters
01-15-2005, 02:03 AM
Certian gauges are full proof, but for example I would never use an autometer air fuel ratio gauge, it is worthless. Ask any dyno tune shop. There is a reason why Omori makes 80% of the gauges for companies.

gofaster87
01-15-2005, 02:44 AM
All narrowband a/f guages are worthless not just autometer's. I looked up the boost guage and its 249.00. Damn for that much just get something that you know works and is reliable such as the defi link.