PDA

View Full Version : my brembo's look like shat

wsEVO562
01-08-2005, 07:41 PM
well today I went to put air in my front driver side tire and noticed the clear coat or whateva it is on the brembos is bubbling off or something???
When I touch it I can actually feel air under it :shock:

I was wondering can I take this off and re-clearcoat it (if thats what it is??) or should I be thinking warrenty for wear and tear???
any help would be appritiated, cuz it really does look like shit, looks like a pink brembo....

Boosted
01-08-2005, 07:47 PM
ok heres my logic why would re-clearcoating it help the bubling? the only reason this happened is because there was air inbetween the paint and the caliper to begin with the problem is that when air get hot it expands causing the probably rather small bubble to grow the only wait i can think of eliminating this owuld be to pop the bubble or repaint the whole thing and that means stripping the paint too

wsEVO562
01-08-2005, 07:55 PM
ok heres my logic why would re-clearcoating it help the bubling? the only reason this happened is because there was air inbetween the paint and the caliper to begin with the problem is that when air get hot it expands causing the probably rather small bubble to grow the only wait i can think of eliminating this owuld be to pop the bubble or repaint the whole thing and that means stripping the paint too

ok bro, I didn't mean clear-coating the bubble, I'm not stupid. I was refering to what you just wrote, bout stripping and re-doing it... But what I don't know is if the paint would be good under the clear coat..
It looks like a transperent bubble with the red under on the caliper.

My question is you think I could just pop the bubble and scrape loose the clear coat off and then re-do it???

Boosted
01-08-2005, 07:58 PM
ooo ok so the bubble is just betwee nthe clear coat and the red? then I would just pop the bubble and reclear it unless itsl ike a big bubble nad leave a creased look when recleared im nut sure you could scrape just the clear coat i would just strip and respray the whole caliper

wsEVO562
01-08-2005, 08:04 PM
yeah its like the whole front side of the caliper, its not a little bubble. if I had a camera I'd post pics, cuz I'm rolliln with a pink brembo :oops:

Boosted
01-08-2005, 08:12 PM
yea I would just respray the whole thing. which will definately be a paint in the ass the easiest way to keep the logo would be to go ahead and primer it whire first the nput a brembo sticker over it then repaint it red remove the sticker and clear coat it. Yes I know it will be a bitch to find a sticker like that so just got have one made. It will be just afew buck and look like new or you could have one bremboless caliper and give your car some character :D

R.E.D
01-08-2005, 08:19 PM
:jawdrop: Wow I have this problem to(same caliper) does it look discolored (whiteish) where it's bubbling

hksevo8
01-08-2005, 11:36 PM
That sux! I had a stone or something lodge itself between the rim and my caliper on the passenger side, now I have a big A$# line in the paint across the brembo lettering. Not sure if I want to run the risk of having it repainted, but it bugs me to know that it is there. I feel your pain

blurr
01-09-2005, 05:35 AM
The paint was comming off of my roomates calipers. He took the car to the dealer and all 4 calipers were replaced under warrenty. He said he was told that several cars are having this problem. He has an early '03

R.E.D
01-09-2005, 01:18 PM
The paint was comming off of my roomates calipers. He took the car to the dealer and all 4 calipers were replaced under warrenty. He said he was told that several cars are having this problem. He has an early '03 Looks like I will have to ask about this when I'm at the dealer having my seatback replaced :roll:

gevo
01-09-2005, 02:25 PM
The paint was comming off of my roomates calipers. He took the car to the dealer and all 4 calipers were replaced under warrenty. He said he was told that several cars are having this problem. He has an early '03 Looks like I will have to ask about this when I'm at the dealer having my seatback replaced :roll:

The same thing happened to Snoop. It was all fixed under warranty.

R.E.D
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Cool I hope It will be covered :wink:

wsEVO562
01-09-2005, 03:07 PM
:jawdrop: Wow I have this problem to(same caliper) does it look discolored (whiteish) where it's bubbling

yup it looks whitish/pink

R.E.D
01-09-2005, 03:09 PM
yeah thats it :cry:

QuickShifter
01-09-2005, 03:45 PM
fuckin wierd..........i have the smae problem........same caliper :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Will the infamous mitsu jerkoffs try to tell me its my upgraded brake pads causing the brakes to overheat thus bubbling the clearcoat??????

hksevo8
01-10-2005, 09:59 AM
fuckin wierd..........i have the smae problem........same caliper :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Will the infamous mitsu jerkoffs try to tell me its my upgraded brake pads causing the brakes to overheat thus bubbling the clearcoat??????

probably

tlcrox
01-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Mitsubishi Motors has been covering the paint problems on the Brembos without too much hassle. We have fixes a few recently.

snoop
01-10-2005, 06:14 PM
I had my replaced under warranty. Here is pic from EVOM regarding the problem :cry:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=40618

leaveit2bevo
01-10-2005, 07:22 PM
ouch that sucks

wsEVO562
01-10-2005, 07:25 PM
I had my replaced under warranty. Here is pic from EVOM regarding the problem :cry:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=40618

that looks just like my brembo..if warranty covers it I'm there right after this phukin rain...
oh yeah did they hassle you if your car is modded???

evolutionist
01-10-2005, 09:07 PM
your problems are from either brake cleaner(extremely corrosive on the caliper powder coating)or bleeding the brakes and letting the brake fluid sit on the coating. again very corrosive.

Boosted
01-11-2005, 12:14 AM
wow that looks like shat

BUDLoNG
06-14-2006, 01:48 PM
is this covered under the 36k warranty? or the 50k warranty?

Macky
06-14-2006, 01:50 PM

if you are pre-05, its only the 3 year/36K. 05-up its covered in the 10 year/100K

[p]dOG.
06-14-2006, 03:49 PM
just noticed that mine is bubbling up as well and the bubble cracked and is starting to peel. Mine is a 04' but I was told that my Warranty is 10yr or 100k. I'm going to take it in and hopefully they take care of it.

chino04
06-22-2006, 05:06 PM
man mine is doing the same thing and my warranty is up !!!!!!:(

91_gsx
06-23-2006, 12:49 AM
i assume this warranty goes the same for the cf wing when the clear coat starts to go? can someone verfiy?

ovenmit331
06-23-2006, 06:07 AM

holy year and a half old dead thread batman....