PDA

View Full Version : I need your stock rims!

GReddySetGO
01-08-2005, 09:20 PM
OK, long story short, one of my rims needs a new tire. Instead of just buying a tire, I want to buy a set of rims. But I still need to drive the car around. If anyone recently got rims and still has their stockers laying around, I would like to know if I could borrow just 1 of them. I wouldn't mind paying a little bit, like $20-40 to let me borrow it for a week or two. Just until I find the rims I want and get them in. Or even if anyone has a used tire that I could use or something, I'll pay to have them unmounted, etc. Please if anyone could help me out, I need to get around and don't really wanna use the spare in the rain, etc. I don't even drive it that much, over the course of the two weeks, I probably won't even go through a full tank of gas. If you can help, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

GReddySetGO
01-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Someone has to have a set of stock rims laying around :(

kimletrim
01-09-2005, 11:22 AM
True, but most likely they are going want a deposit for the full amount of the rim before they will "loan" you their rims. At least that is how I'm looking at it. your concept sounds simple and it should be, but I think that what you are asking someone to do is a bit more time consuming than it may be worth. Unless that is of course you actually already have a good standing with another EVO owner.

With that being said, I may be able to help you. PM me. Thanks

kimletrim
01-09-2005, 11:24 AM
nice MR2 BTW.

Blaze
01-09-2005, 11:34 AM
I have a set of stockers laying around.

But yes, I'd need a heafty deposit before I'd loan them out....

genax
01-09-2005, 11:48 AM
this post is funny. yeah a deposit only makes sense

Blaze
01-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, it really does.

Everyone one on the board is pretty cool and generally willing to help.
But buy bar far, we really don't "KNOW" each other all that well with the exception clans/clicks.

We aren't talking about helping out with an install or borrowing a 15 dollar wrench. So certainly before I Give/Loan something that costs 2800 dollars to replace at the dealership (not including tires) I know I'll be taking some kind of deposit. :D

GReddySetGO
01-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Yeah, I completely understand. I could leave a deposit, I just need 1 rim, not the whole set. I'm gonna be calling around seeing who's got what in stock in terms of rims tomorrow anyway, so I'll see how that goes.

Chase101
01-10-2005, 02:02 AM
I have some worn out Advans sitting in my garage. I'll give you one but you'd have to pick it up. I live in Oceanside in North San Diego County. Let me know.

GReddySetGO
01-10-2005, 05:21 PM
OK nevermind guys, I just ordered my rims today. So I just gotta sit tight for a few days on the donut. Thankfully theres only one more day of rain left. Driving on the freeway in the rain was hard on the donut :(

I'll post pics of the rims when I get them :D