PDA

View Full Version : Do you garage your EVO?

Blaze
01-09-2005, 12:51 PM
I was curious how many people garage their cars and also (if you don't) what areas you've had trouble in as far as break ins or vandelism.

evod
01-09-2005, 12:54 PM
i sometimes garage mine..my bro does too at least in the ports. unfortunately...my bro's had his 'busa stolen and his e-01's display screen(yea...jus the screen...nothing else...) stolen recently...broke rear windshield on drive side of the evo... fun eh?

Blaze
01-09-2005, 12:58 PM
i sometimes garage mine..my bro does too at least in the ports. unfortunately...my bro's had his 'busa stolen and his e-01's display screen(yea...jus the screen...nothing else...) stolen recently...broke rear windshield on drive side of the evo... fun eh?

Dang Dave. What's up with that?
Did that happen at your house or when he was out?

I guess you miss Rowlan Heights where you had a 3-4 car garage and a fence surrounding everything... :(

kimletrim
01-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Althoug I garage "religiously", my car's out in the rain today since it was wet to begin with. Yah know, don't want the rain water to dry up on the car in the garage. And yes, I realize that water dries up all the time on the car, but these are the kind of things I think about when garaging a car.

gofaster87
01-09-2005, 01:15 PM
I garage the car every night. Nothing but the best for my Evo. Even though I live in a nice area where vandalism and break ins are almost non existant I just sleep better at night knowing the car is inside. If the car was bone stock I wouldnt mind as much but with time and money into it now I wouldnt leave it outside.

evod
01-09-2005, 01:15 PM
na...my bro moved out last year and lives in an apartment now. area isn't too great....kinda bad...but yea. upsetting and definitely not a good thing to happen. but yea....crap happens and there isn't really much we can do about it. good thing tho..my bro got the rear window for like $35...which is nice....nothing else important was gone.

Macky
01-09-2005, 01:25 PM
i garage the MR but unfortunately the red car stays out. even though it was raining hard, i still hose the car off before putting it in the garage to be dried off.

gevo
01-09-2005, 02:27 PM
i garage the MR but unfortunately the red car stays out. even though it was raining hard, i still hose the car off before putting it in the garage to be dried off.
You have a Red headed(painted) step child! :)

Hockeychamp
01-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Hell! Mine hardly leves the garage!!!

Takashi
01-09-2005, 05:04 PM
the inherent problem with your "no" answer is that it's followed by a qualification of "i dont care..."

i dont garage my car. but it's because i dont have a garage, not because i dont care.

evomrguy
01-09-2005, 07:57 PM
I dont garage my evo, but I am not particularly worried about it. I live in a nice area and my evo is in the driveway and off the street. I would like to be able to park in the garage, but I dont have the space.

Skiracer
01-09-2005, 08:03 PM
My Evo is in the garage at home and at work...

egui42
01-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Of course it gets garaged!!!!! :wink:

BOVBILLY
01-09-2005, 10:05 PM
DOES A CARPORT COUNT AS A GARAGE?

rino
01-09-2005, 10:23 PM
yup it's garaged behind an suv every single night. my car never sees street parking when i'm at home

Gear Grinder
01-09-2005, 11:16 PM
... had trouble in as far as break ins or vandelism.
so far, the roof was hit with a big rock (wifes little brother).
Got majorly egged on haloween( f'n little bastards), this shattered the paint on the trunk, and the roof.
Broken windshield.
Paint overspray from work.

:D

BlueDV
01-09-2005, 11:18 PM
I always garage it. In fact I've only had to wash it once in the past 6 months. (Not including a quick spot-free rinse at the coin wash)

The car has been rained on only twice. I take the Toyota Pick-Up when the weather is Wet (Road Tar-Grease and water spots as well as pot-hole debrise kicked into my windshield)....or during Santa Ana Winds (too much dust and sand) :lol:

kimletrim
01-09-2005, 11:37 PM
I always garage it. In fact I've only had to wash it once in the past 6 months. (Not including a quick spot-free rinse at the coin wash)

The car has been rained on only twice. I take the Toyota Pick-Up when the weather is Wet (Road Tar-Grease and water spots as well as pot-hole debrise kicked into my windshield)....or during Santa Ana Winds (too much dust and sand) :lol:

Wow, you must not drive the car that much if you've only washed it once in the last 6 months. After a few days of driving, the rims are already gunmetal!!!

CT9A RS
01-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I garage mine only on occasion. I mean i have an empty 2 car garage for me. But my dogs sleep in there also at night. So when i come home late from work or jus bein out i park it on one of my driveways. If im home earlier in the day then ill pull it in sometimes. I wouldnt in the rain cuz i wouldnt want the run off from my car allover the garage floor where my dogs sleep.

-Serge B.

toku-one
01-10-2005, 08:01 PM
no room in the garage for me
usually i get a parking space which is just across the alley from the front door
occasionally i get stuck on the street behind the condo.

no really worries cause i live in the same safe area as sam.
although now i worry about all my gauges/safc/zeitronix.

santhology
01-10-2005, 08:06 PM
its in the garage all the time.. since i bought it, it has never spent a night outside!! :D

hksevo8
01-10-2005, 11:19 PM
it has only been left outside overnight twice since i bought it

BOVBILLY
01-10-2005, 11:22 PM
it has only been left outside overnight twice since i bought it

NOT ALL OF US CAN AFFORD A HOUSE IN NEWPORT HARBOR WITH A 6 CAR GARAGE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

J/K

Paul Kendall
01-11-2005, 12:49 AM
I wont stay over night anywhere because of the unforseen mishaps that happen. I stopped promotting clubs and DJ's when I bought my EVO and when I looked for a place to live the garage was priority to the in house washer and dryer.

IS2000
01-11-2005, 01:54 AM
My EVO is garaged and covered.

Blaze
01-15-2005, 02:18 AM
My EVO is garaged and covered.

What kind of cover did you go with?
I've got this rayon deal that's barely a dust cover.

GReddySetGO
01-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Yes, always garaged!

freds4
01-17-2005, 12:03 AM
My car is ALWAYS garaged and I even cover it in the garage to keep dust off. If I drive it to work, I cover it there too. As long as I do this, I only have to wash it once every two or three months. In between washings I use a California duster and Zaino Z-6.
California Car covers makes a great cover for the Evo.

Tarmac02
01-17-2005, 10:07 AM
due to my career change and me and the wifey staying with her parents right now the Evo sits outside... no biggie

it was always garaged before that and will be garaged again in the near future

Absinthe
01-17-2005, 11:29 AM
car almost never garaged, its been jack twice now.

Once i was hit

Once I got my seats stolen