PDA

View Full Version : Miller Mitsubishi-Van Nuys- Yay or Nay?

Skiracer
01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
I need to get my free scheduled service done for my car. Should i take my car there for service?

GokuSSJ4
01-09-2005, 09:58 PM
make it a poll (instead of opinions being replied :P )

turbrodude
01-09-2005, 10:18 PM
hell no - Miller sucks. Everything about them sucks. I took my wife's eclipse to them before the warrenty expired because the valve cover was leaking and the motor hessitated like mad at 2600 rpm. They said the valve cover bolts needed tightening and the clutch needed replacing. It was all horse shit. I datalogged the car and watched timing get pulled to negative 5 when it hessitated. I wonder how a clutch can do that?? Bastard Miller Mitsu.

rino
01-09-2005, 10:19 PM
I got my oil changed once there, it was ok. It took them 2 hours do my oil change...

I got my car there, I would say it's ok to go.

Evo-8
01-09-2005, 11:40 PM
if u do take it there, go to David Jobb.

DTunedEvoX
01-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Got my car there ... But I go elsewhere for service/maintanence ...

Skiracer
01-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Bump since i just added a poll.

tasco
01-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Miller refused to take my money when I went to buy the evo, so I dont deal with them at all.

Skiracer
07-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Bump, i might need new radiator fan for my car. I have some minor mods on my car. Is it ok to take it to Miller Mitsu for warranty work?

kimletrim
07-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I have been there numerous times for my Eclipse GSX and have been there once for my Evo. Service advisors are cool, but they are no where close to be informed about the Evo as the old service advisors about the old Eclipse. Their staff keeps changing and I don't see it getting better. All the good guys have left. Still they might be a good choice judging from the far from unanimous opinions here.

IMO, why risk it, take it to Glendale Mitsu and to talk to Paul.

DTunedEvoX
07-17-2005, 04:23 PM
I have been there numerous times for my Eclipse GSX and have been there once for my Evo. Service advisors are cool, but they are no where close to be informed about the Evo as the old service advisors about the old Eclipse. Their staff keeps changing and I don't see it getting better. All the good guys have left. Still they might be a good choice judging from the far from unanimous opinions here.

IMO, why risk it, take it to Glendale Mitsu and to talk to Paul.

x2 w/ the Glendale Mitsu ...

BUDLoNG
07-17-2005, 04:27 PM
dont waste your time with them..
all smiles and no knowledge, shit service..

digitalxdna
07-17-2005, 07:12 PM
they have the worst sales dept. tried to sell me 2k5 Evo MR for $40k. i told them that i was not going to pay $40k for an MR. never spoke to them again. do NOT buy from them.

rino
07-18-2005, 01:37 AM
go to hb

Blak94GSX
07-18-2005, 04:05 AM
Miller has only tards working there... Buy parts there for crazy high prices if you are desperate and nobody else has them in stock. Sales and service are to be avoided though.

The only place in the valley I can recommend would be Thousand Oaks Mitsu. The customer service is awesome. As with any dealer, avoid anything that isn't super easy, but at least they are friendly and can change the oil with a reasonably good chance of success.

Not breaking the car is about the highest compliment I can give to any Mitsu dealer. If you get it back with the less problems than you brought it in with then I'd say that dealer is above average...

DTunedEvoX
07-18-2005, 07:08 AM
Miller has only tards working there... Buy parts there for crazy high prices if you are desperate and nobody else has them in stock. Sales and service are to be avoided though.

The only place in the valley I can recommend would be Thousand Oaks Mitsu. The customer service is awesome. As with any dealer, avoid anything that isn't super easy, but at least they are friendly and can change the oil with a reasonably good chance of success.

Not breaking the car is about the highest compliment I can give to any Mitsu dealer. If you get it back with the less problems than you brought it in with then I'd say that dealer is above average...

Thats where I go for my scheduled maintanence!

flipryder21
07-18-2005, 08:23 AM
I need to get my free scheduled service done for my car. Should i take my car there for service?

Well depends on who you deal with over there. I deal with Rick Padua great guy he'll work with you.

Skiracer
07-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like i won't be going to Miller Mitsu for service. One member of the board recommended i go to Glendale Mitsu for my scheduled service and warranty issues. Any pros/cons with Glendale Mitsu?

kimletrim
07-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Simon, you know what I would recommend. PRO about Glendale Mitsu is that they will NOT void your warranty off the bat just because you have mods. They will take a look at your car and evaluate it on a case by case basis. Just talk to Paul over at Glendale. A couple of our members have had major warranty work done there with no problem (i.e. tranny, turbo)

Mister
07-18-2005, 11:48 AM

I never thought about T.O., I should head over to TO since its much closer to my house than Glendale or HB.
I only got (1) oil change at Miller Mitsu, and Rick Padua was a good guy. He took care of me, but that was only an oil change.

DTunedEvoX
07-18-2005, 12:00 PM

I never thought about T.O., I should head over to TO since its much closer to my house than Glendale or HB.
I only got (1) oil change at Miller Mitsu, and Rick Padua was a good guy. He took care of me, but that was only an oil change.

The Service guy's name over @ T.O. is John Murth - great guy ... Tell him Derick with the Black EVO who works @ countrywide sent ya and said you'd take care of me. Great customer service there.

Blak94GSX
07-18-2005, 12:22 PM
No, tell him Scot with the White EVO who works @ countrywide sent ya... :p

DTunedEvoX
07-18-2005, 12:39 PM
No, tell him Scot with the White EVO who works @ countrywide sent ya... :p

LOL I know we work for the same company .. When I found that out I even looked ya up on cwinsider LOL ... Shouldnt I get some type of corporate discount for tuning?! LOL SAMETIME! LOL

Blak94GSX
07-18-2005, 12:44 PM
What office are you in? I'm in Westlake.

DTunedEvoX
07-18-2005, 01:57 PM
What office are you in? I'm in Westlake.

I'm @ Thousand Oaks office - I drive by your office everyday on the way to T.O.!

Blak94GSX
07-18-2005, 02:00 PM
We should meet up for lunch sometime.

Actually I'm in our Dartford, England office this week...

DTunedEvoX
07-18-2005, 02:34 PM

Oh hey yeah definitley! I'd be honored! You let me know when your back and we'll arrange something for sure!

Skiracer
07-18-2005, 05:18 PM

That's the quote that you're about to sign your life away .... :twisted:

atlvalet
07-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Went to Miller for a simple fix. They said they needed to order parts. I'm still waiting on parts (it's about a month now).

DTunedEvoX
07-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Went to Miller for a simple fix. They said they needed to order parts. I'm still waiting on parts (it's about a month now).

15-20 min drive to T.O man - well worth it ... Never as busy as Miller too ... and calling to make appointments had never been easier!

dsm3781
07-20-2005, 07:04 PM
wow iam suprise miller mit is that crappy. i have been there about 4 times i thought the service was great, rick is really cool. except the 2 hour wait for the oil change, and the blank stares on the mechanics face when i ask a question and they scatch my front bumper really bad when they pull my car around to get it service, and i can see the guy smile when he did it too. thats the funny part.

Blak94GSX
07-21-2005, 02:23 AM
Well unfortunately, the vast majority of Mitsu dealers (99.99999%) are tards. It is counterproductive to make a blacklist of bad dealers since that would be a long list. Instead, you should keep and maintain a list of "good" dealers, the definition being that you got the car back with fewer problems than you brought it in with. This will be a very short and easy to maintain list. I would say there are maybe 3 dealers on the West Coast that I would trust to do simple technical work without making things worse.

Perhaps maintain a separate parts dealer list too. Norco Mitsu for example is the best for parts, but their sales and service suck ass... Thousand Oaks has good service but their parts department is all tards... Miller sucks for everything...

kimletrim
07-21-2005, 07:01 AM
I agree with Scott and I think he makes an excellent point about getting your car back with fewer problems than you brought it in with. At Miller, I have had numerous ocassions with my GSX where I had to go back multiple times just to get the same problem fixed. One time I had them replace my belts and a few days later, my crank (or something around it) had some play which resulted in my timing belt being shredded to pieces. I think they manned up and replaced the defective parts. In another instance, my valve cover bolts lost their thread and Miller replaced the whole head. Great, but problem was they chipped the valve cover. I had to go back again for them to put a new valve cover on. This is just a sampling of my experience at Miller a number of years back.

electr0
07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
When i bought my evo July 5th of this year, i went to miller mitsu where they were selling evo's for 39k. The standard 05. They must be dreaming. they had 1 mr in there going for 44k and the new eclipse gt v6 going for 32. at lancaster mitsu where im located they were going for a lot less. the sales guy tried to tell me that they were market price. yet next to it says "Markup - 5999$". Dont go to them they are swindlers. I went to Huntington Beach mitsu, they were very cool and there prices are not insane. The finance manager there was very cool about everything and i would definetly go there again.

digitalxdna
07-28-2005, 09:38 PM
When i bought my evo July 5th of this year, i went to miller mitsu where they were selling evo's for 39k. The standard 05. They must be dreaming. they had 1 mr in there going for 44k and the new eclipse gt v6 going for 32. at lancaster mitsu where im located they were going for a lot less. the sales guy tried to tell me that they were market price. yet next to it says "Markup - 5999$". Dont go to them they are swindlers. I went to Huntington Beach mitsu, they were very cool and there prices are not insane. The finance manager there was very cool about everything and i would definetly go there again.
i scratched and clawed their markup down to about $1.5k (even after saying very specifically "i'm not paying a penny of that dealer markup"), but they wanted me to commit to the deal on the spot. being commitment-phobic, i made some lame excuse about making a phone call and left. they've called me several times since, but i've yet to pick up.

point is, i agree; they are swindlers.

trinydex
07-29-2005, 04:08 AM
van nuys sucks... they can't do shit right there... they replaced my seat back... the fuckin' gorilla scratched up all the kcik panels and hammered the seat... good thing i sold it hahahah.

IH8VTEC
07-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Miller refused to take my money when I went to buy the evo, so I dont deal with them at all.

Same here, They had MR's marked up 6k and couldn't understand why I thought I was being ripped off. They drove me away saying my trade in was a 98(sentra) and they couldnt put it on the lot. What did I see on their lot on the way out? A goddamn 98 CHEVY LUMINA. I went to Todey in Ventura and had a very nice experience. TO is where I have my service done (they didn't have MR's). F Miller.

BUDLoNG
09-20-2005, 03:16 PM
i had the misfortune of blowing my engine in reseda.. which means mitsu towed it to the closest dealer.. freakin miller.

My car has been there for almost two weeks now, and i have called pretty much every two days since it was brought it. I get the same response everytime.
"Well looks like a blown head gasket"
When i ask for more info he tells me he needs to speak to the mechanics, and will call me back.. He doesnt call back. And when i call back again.. i get the same bs,.. looks like a blown head gasket but with attitude.

I still have no clue when im getting my car back, no idea what happened in the first place, or any faith in them doing a proper job.