PDA

View Full Version : Evo 9, whos got some info.

Halchka99
01-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Whats up guys, this is my first official post but i am not a noob to cars/forums.

I run my own forum just for fun. www.tunergarage.net and ive been a huge vw guys for years.

I think i am ready to go to the dark side this year.

I am in no rush to buy the car so if its worth waiting out for the evo 9 then thats what im going to have to do.

Ive heard its going to be available fall of this year.

Does anyone know if thats valid or do you have any info?

Thanks

Macky
01-10-2005, 12:04 AM
its gonna be available by fall, more or less a revamp of the front and rear ends, more power standard, most if not all MR features included on most likely one or two models, not across the board.

but thats just about it

Halchka99
01-10-2005, 12:06 AM
thanks for the quick response.

I figured i might as well hang in there and wait for the 9.

I still have to part out my gti(turbo upgrade and all) so ive got some time.

Macky
01-10-2005, 12:13 AM
you do know at first shot they wont let those cars out the lot easy, :wink:

Halchka99
01-10-2005, 12:15 AM
yea i kinda figured that based on how the 8 was selling when it was first bought to the states.

Any figured on pricing?

Blaze
01-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Mr. Makey:

Got any info on the MR or other top models?
What will be the differences now if current MR options are standard on the GSR?

Blaze

Macky
01-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Mr. Makey:

Got any info on the MR or other top models?
What will be the differences now if current MR options are standard on the GSR?

Blaze

to this time, the certainty of an "MR" model would be slim, but i would not rule it out.

some other info i got indicates that the RS-GSR-??? lineup would still remain, though the top-of-the-line model's designation is still sketchy at best.

i would put money on an RS and mid-model version, may be named "GSR" finally as it hits stateside. and the high-zoot model most likely a derivative of the FQ series in the UK-possibly a 300 or 320 hp version. the MR may make a comeback again as a limited model, but it wont be part of a standard lineup. the VG and BBS wheels may be still options on the lower models, while the top end will get the BBS as standard. they may all get the aluminum roof and VG, except the RS, which may ask for an options package to get them

rino
01-10-2005, 01:19 AM
I wonder if they will release a 9 with minor differences like they did for the 03/04 vs the 05s. any info on that? like the added acd, front lsd, etc.

Macky
01-10-2005, 09:43 AM
most standard drivetrain items (ACD, 5MT, LSD's) are gonna be on the cars

Chrison
01-16-2005, 03:45 AM
bad news about the Evo9.

It might be an Alumium head n block.
Good thing is lighter and bad thing is engine will blow easily.

Alumium head n iron block still the best....

evo_z
01-16-2005, 10:45 AM
hmm, got any proof of that?

Macky
01-16-2005, 11:36 AM
that is the common news floating around since the MIVEC engine does use an aluminum block elsewhere in the world

GokuSSJ4
01-16-2005, 11:52 AM
that is the common news floating around since the MIVEC engine does use an aluminum block elsewhere in the world

i rather have the iron block then aluminum, specially when you are boosting. The block is stronger and will take alot more abuse.

gofaster87
01-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Aluminum might be fine if its sleeved. Its still a little iffy.

Macky
01-16-2005, 12:05 PM

i rather have the iron block then aluminum, specially when you are boosting. The block is stronger and will take alot more abuse.

same here, but thats where things are going, unfortunately :(

you gonna sell me your MR heads/tails? :D

Chrison
01-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Sad..............

Hallster
01-16-2005, 12:45 PM
bad news about the Evo9.

It might be an Alumium head n block.
Good thing is lighter and bad thing is engine will blow easily.

Alumium head n iron block still the best....

Although there are certain design challenges that need to be overcome with Al/Al that don't present themselves in Al/Fe designs, it doesn't necesarily mean a Al/Al design is inherently weaker. Keep in mind, the most potent motors in the world are all alloy. You're point is well taken though - If Mitus does a hack job, we're in trouble.

Hallster

Hallster
01-16-2005, 12:57 PM

Do you know if the MIVEC block is open or closed deck?

Hallster

Macky
01-16-2005, 05:50 PM
i dont know, i myself would like to get that information as well 8)