PDA

View Full Version : Be safe in the Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoop
01-10-2005, 01:16 PM
FFFFFFin Rain sucks!!!!!!!!

Well I want to tell my story of stupid driving this weekend. I just got a tuneup at RNR racing this past friday. My car is running great and I wanted to push it but with all rain in SOCAL lately :x I have not really drove fast lately because of the rain. On Sunday on the way to friends house to watch the Chargers game I noticed that it stopped raing and road apeared to be dry. That was my stupid mistake since when there is alot moistoure in the air the roads can still be slick. On the exit ramp I pushed the car and rear spun out the car rotaded 90 degrees and I was drifting sideways. Since I took the turn on the inside lane of the ramp I was not close to guard rail. I know I should have downshifted and pointed in direction of the skid but at that point I had enough room to stop so I stopped and I didn't want to hit the gaurd rail by adding more power. There was also slight grade on the ramp from going Right to left. I did go into the dirt and some plant on the inside lane when I stopped but no damgae to car. I was not going that fast but in EVO with awd I was feeling over confident.

My believe is that it is better to be safe than sorry so everone in SOCAL take it slow until it dries.

Skiracer
01-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Ditto, and don't forget to put your headlights on in the rain cuz i see a ton of people driving on the roads in the rain without headlights on and its hard to see oncoming traffic in rainy weather if they got no headlights on.

grico42
01-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Ditto, and don't forget to put your headlights on in the rain cuz i see a ton of people driving on the roads in the rain without headlights on and its hard to see oncoming traffic in rainy weather if they got no headlights on.

Its also a 2005 CA state law that if your wipers are on your headlights need to be on. That is if im not mistaken.

Boosted
01-10-2005, 04:26 PM

Its also a 2005 CA state law that if your wipers are on your headlights need to be on. That is if im not mistaken.

yup that law just got passed

gevo
01-10-2005, 04:28 PM

That is correct.

rammsteinmatt
01-10-2005, 06:32 PM

That is correct.

i heard on the radio it doesnt take effect until june (6 month grace period), but you still should. this is more of a "no shit" law than a real law

Deca Auto
01-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I did the exact same thing when I had my Subaru. I had to choose between trying to drift it and risk hitting the guard rail, or spinning out into the dirt. I chose the latter. But when I had to merge back onto the free way the traffic did not like me.

sidoze
01-12-2005, 09:06 PM
It wasnt even raining when I did this:

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album290/DSC01653.jpg

Being cocky is not a good idea in any car in any circumstance. Bald tires and a lot of horsepower is a bad combination too. :wink: