PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Walbro upgrade?

kimletrim
01-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Just wanted to know if any Evo owners out there have upgraded to something other than a Walbro fuel pump and describe the experiece.

Had a Walbro in my GSX and although the whine was minimal, I'd like to find a fuel pump that does not whine.

BOVBILLY
01-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Just wanted to know if any Evo owners out there have upgraded to something other than a Walbro fuel pump and describe the experiece.

Had a Walbro in my GSX and although the whine was minimal, I'd like to find a fuel pump that does not whine.

I WOULD LIKE A WIFE THAT DIDN'T BITCH, BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE THE CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Boosted
01-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Im having a brain fade right now and cant think of the name but I know a few people that run the fuel pump that porsche uses ....

Absinthe
01-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Bosch

Blaze
01-10-2005, 05:33 PM
I WOULD LIKE A WIFE THAT DIDN'T BITCH, BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE THE CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Bump for the thoughtful insite!

Also, you may want to consider and AIC from GReddy or HKS. You have extra tunable fuel when you want it, and gas mileage when you don't.

Blaze

BOVBILLY
01-10-2005, 05:35 PM
TUNEABLE FUEL?????????????????

DTunedEvoX
01-10-2005, 05:48 PM
You can add more voltage to the stock fuel pump. I believe there is something about it plus tests plus numbers @ RRE's site ... Wish I had the link ..

Blaze
01-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Sure thing:

Rebic IV
The Rebic IV is designed to help add additional fuel to any forced induction system. Install additional injector(s) on your charge pipe, serge tank or intake manifold and program the Rebic IV to control the additional injector(s)' duty cycle. This unit works independently from any other system and it can supplement your main system (factory, stand-alone, even carburetors). Control 1 to 8 sub-injectors by tuning in a fuel map from three adjustable parameters: boost, RPM and injector duty cycle.

AIC III Si (Additional Injector Controller)
The HKS AIC III Si is a digital fuel enrichment device that is designed to supply, on demand, the supplemental fuel needed by forced induction vehicles as tuning levels are increased. The AIC III Si is an ideal option for vehicles that require additional fuel, but have factory fuel systems that offer limited expandability. Supplemental fuel is integrated via additional injectors (not included) mounted in the intake stream or on the intake manifold.

leaveit2bevo
01-10-2005, 07:04 PM
my walbro dosent whine.

Hockeychamp
01-10-2005, 07:45 PM
my walbro dosent whine.My walbro, and my wife dont whine!!!! OK OK so the the wife whines!!! can't have it all!

GokuSSJ4
01-10-2005, 10:08 PM
bosch pump its near $250.00 and its abit less LPH then the Walbro, you think the Walbro whines wait till you hear a pump that goes outside the fuel tank :P

kimletrim
01-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks for all the input. I just wanted to know all my options before I made a decision. From the response, it does not sound like there is any other reasonable choice. For the price, if there is a whine, I will live with it.

jondukes
01-10-2005, 10:58 PM
http://www.turbotrix.com/isthebest/customer/home.php?cat=49

this might help i dont know about the wives though

ItsStockOfficer
01-11-2005, 02:49 AM
Toyota Supra pumps from 93.5+ are much more qaulity and flow more. I don't think the whine is as bad eitheir.

Coolguy949
01-11-2005, 03:20 AM

The new generation of Walbro pumps are almost completely silent. They make some noise while they prime, but after that they are totally silent. I've never heard a noisy one in the dozens i've installed.