PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Wheel Options for shock/spring installs?

Sol-leks
01-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Greetings from a fellow Evo owner up in San Jose, CA. I sending out this message for some help and and advice.

This past weekend, I drove down to SoCal to buy a fellow evo owner's MR shocks and Tanabe spring setup. The setup had less than 800 miles on them (the owner was upgrading to coilovers.)

I brought my evo to Wheel Options in El Monte (I hear that this is where many of the SoCalEvo owners go) to have the shock/springs installed.

However, upon inspecting the car and driving it home to the Bay Area, I found several things wrong:

1. All the pins were missing in the rear trunk carpeting (Wheel Options claims the pins were already missing?!)
2. They had broken the carpet on the left part of the trunk. I saw their tech pull at the carpet and he yanked at it hard, bending the cardboard/carpeting, and putting lots of stress on the material.
3. The e-brake release button had sunk (what the???)
4. The camber bolts were improperly installed. Both the upper eccentric camber bolts were placed on the right front assembly (as opposed to one on each assembly). They put both the round bolts on the left assembly.
5. There's a rattle coming from the left front shock/spring assembly when my car drives over bumps and the wheel drops. This sound it quite disturbing.

Some questions for you folks:
1. Do you think items # 4 and # 5 are related? Also, will item # 4 cause damage to my car in any way?
2. Has anyone dealt with Wheel Options in the past? Any issues?
3. Any advice on what I should do about the issues listed above? Wheel Options told me that I could drop by their shop, but I'm back in San Jose so I can't exactly drive back to El Monte.

I spoke with the folks at WORKS and they sounded shocked that this could have happened. That prompted me to do something. I'm currently talking to Wheel Options but I'm not getting a sense of cooperation or desire to rectify the situation.

Sam

trannb
01-18-2005, 07:06 PM
1. They probably broke all of the clips or lost the pins. You might just want to order a handful of these from the dealer.
2. Try to get them to cover the cost of a new one or start posting WTB ads from someone's gutted Evo.
4. Bring it to Works or somewhere/someone that you trust and have them redo your suspension

For the record, I don't think I've ever seen anyone recommend Wheel Options and even if it's free, I wouldn't drive back to have those same people work on your car again. Take pictures as your car gets taken apart again and see if Wheel Options will cover costs.

EVOate909
01-19-2005, 12:11 AM
im from san jose too!!!!!! woot!!!!!!!!!!!!