PDA

View Full Version : Big accident

Chris in SD
01-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Well, I had a monumental accident tonight. Rolled a couple of times, etc.

I am ok, but the Evo is toast... More to follow.

Thanks to all the SD Evo guys (Alfredo, Scot, Kevin, George) that took care of me. I won't forget that guys.

Chris

P.S. If any of you guys have pics of the accident, please post them. The crash-worthiness of the Evo saved my life.

go4broke
01-19-2005, 02:28 AM
damn that sucks dude...although your car's toast at least you are alive and well...take care!

ultraflip
01-19-2005, 02:36 AM
glad to know that you're o.k. bro

condolences to your evo...

=( :cry:

Coolguy949
01-19-2005, 02:36 AM
Wow Chris, I am very glad you're OK man!! Let me know if you need anything...

Chris in SD
01-19-2005, 02:38 AM
Thanks guys. I hope my insurance (medical and car) take care of everything.

jondukes
01-19-2005, 02:43 AM
the members that create So Cal Evo are far more important than the material objects that make them members,VERY glad you are safe

gofaster87
01-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Glad your okay. Dont worry about the car, at least youre alive to build another day.

leaveit2bevo
01-19-2005, 03:01 AM
damn Chris glad your ok

CT9A RS
01-19-2005, 03:26 AM
damn that sucks dude...although your car's toast at least you are alive and well...take care!

Sorry to hear about the car but its just a car not as important as ones life. Good to hear u r ok.

IS2000
01-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Glad you are okay Chris!

Chris in SD
01-19-2005, 03:33 AM
CHP Incident:

Incident: 1069 Location: SB SR163 JSO CLAIREMONT MESA BLVD Map Page: 1249 2C Info as of: 1/19/2005 1:21:55 AM

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
8:44PM - VEH OT D DOWN OFR
8:44PM - PLS ROLL 1185
8:46PM - IS BLEEDING FROM HEAD AND WALKING AROUND
8:49PM - 1039 WESTERN
8:51PM - ADVS 1185 TO ACCESS FRM KEARNY MESA ROAD BY THE JAGUAR DEALERSHIP
8:53PM - 1039 WESTERN W/1020
9:25PM - 6 POLES AND 70 FT OF CHAINLINK FENCE FOR CT REPAIR IN AM
9:41PM - CPY LN 13 - PRINTED FOR CT MTCE DISP FOR AM REPAIRS

Cr0mster
01-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Glad your OK Chris.

nijikon5
01-19-2005, 05:09 AM
holy crap this accident sounds insane. Way glad you came out alright Chris, wish you the best for everything.

GokuSSJ4
01-19-2005, 07:16 AM
wow !!!! :shock: Chris glad your ok

Skiracer
01-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Glad everything is ok. Don't worry about the car since that is the least of your worries. My best friend rolled his GSX a few years ago in Maryland, unfortunatley he did not make it...

trannb
01-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Glad to hear you made it out okay. As usual let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Smogrunner
01-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear it Chris. You'll bounce back. Probably a good thing you weren't in the S2000?

Chris in SD
01-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Sorry to hear it Chris. You'll bounce back. Probably a good thing you weren't in the S2000?

If I had been in the S2000, I would be dead, no question. Thanks again, everyone.

P.S. If ANYONE had any chance of witnessing what happened, whether they post here or not (I heard some AW Junkies guys had talked about it), PLEASE contact me. Currently, the CHP thinks I did this myself... :roll:

evolved
01-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Glad to hear you are OK. I am sorry to hear about the car.

ovenmit331
01-19-2005, 09:36 AM
8:46PM - IS BLEEDING FROM HEAD AND WALKING AROUND

Glad to hear your ok chris. be careful out there guys. Any details on how this happened or anything?

WavMixer
01-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Whoa, that really sucks. How are you doing now? Is your head OK?

Chase101
01-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Glad to hear that you're ok. I hope that you find the witness you need to prove your innocence.

RaysurX
01-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Im sorry for the unfortunate incident....... but glad to hear you weren't injured terribly.

I hope that you will be able to clear yourself of wrong doing as quickly as possible.

Its obvious you've made a lot of friends here..... I'm sure many (including myself) are willing help as best as we can.

Take care....remind yourself how lucky you are to survive what appears to be a serious accident.

Macky
01-19-2005, 10:04 AM
glad to know you are okay, im sorry for your loss though. i do pray everything sorts itself out for you

nine4surfah
01-19-2005, 10:05 AM
That sound like a pretty serioius roll over. Good to hear that you came out alright.

Justin1933
01-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Glad to hear you are in one piece...Cars come and go, luckily you are still here....Post if you need anything...

grico42
01-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Sorry to hear that Chris get better soon man, weren't you just trying to sell your Evo too? Well im glad your ok and i am glad you werent in the S2000. Fell better soon! Im sure i speak for all of SoCalEvo when i say, let us know if you need anything.

hksevo8
01-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Wow Chris. Glad to hear you are ok, Please let me know if there is anything I can help out with.

apexstrafer
01-19-2005, 10:39 AM
glad you're ok chris, sounds like a nasty wreck. I really hope witnesses come forward to prove you weren't at fault.

DTunedEvoX
01-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Yeah seriously though - Glad you made it out okay .. The EVO can be replaaced ... I hope you have some witnesses so that the CHP can have this cleared up - Cant wait for the details - sounds serious ...

Good luck and I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time ... Thank god you werent in the S2K ...

bogey8
01-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Hope everything works out for you. Glad you're ok.

nurb2
01-19-2005, 10:57 AM
A guy posted on AWJunkies that you got hit in the rear and that's how you flipped ... you might want to contact him.

Sounds like there were a lot of witnesses, so hopefully everything will work out.

-nurb2-

Chris in SD
01-19-2005, 11:15 AM
A guy posted on AWJunkies that you got hit in the rear and that's how you flipped ... you might want to contact him.

Sounds like there were a lot of witnesses, so hopefully everything will work out.

-nurb2-

If anyone can have the witnesses contact me, please do. I need the info ASAP to "fix" the "witnessing" cop's memory...

MYFIRSTEVO
01-19-2005, 11:17 AM
sorry to hear that. I never met you, but glad that you are ok. Cars can be replaced, but your life can't. I just lost my cousin last week due to a car crash... :cry: but gladdddd you made it out alive! take care.

subgraphic
01-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Let me tell you guys – it was serious.. George (gevo) and I were whizzing down the highway and we saw the wreck 2-3 min after it happened.. I saw a light shining through some mesh wheels (which were about 7 feet in the air at the time) and I knew it was Chris.. I was sick to my stomach by the time we got back to him. I thought he was dead for sure- the drivers side crushed in, parts everywhere.. But then hooo raa himself jumped out from behind the wreck bleeding from the head. Make no mistake- he’s lucky he didn't drive the Honda.

There were parts of the wing embedded in the ground so deep that I couldn’t pull them out.. And I'm a big guy.. Chris is too, and I'm not sure how he managed to crawl out- the windows were crushed down to about 8-10 inches. Not one square foot of the car was left untouched, scraped, bent or crushed.

Oh well, hes ok- that’s the best part. Makes you think- 5 mins before that we were all bench racing.. I'm going to do this, I’ve done that so now I'm going to buy this..blab la bla- then all of the sudden, were all hoping he can walk, he can think, he’s alive.

On a side note- Mercy Hospital er system sucks. We were told he wasn’t in there for an hour before we found out he was... 30 feet from the front desk.
:roll:

toku-one
01-19-2005, 11:25 AM
also glad to hear you are ok
stay up chris.
better days are never far away.

Chrison
01-19-2005, 12:52 PM
glad you're ok chris. Hope you feel better and be ready for the EVO9.... :P

Macky
01-19-2005, 12:58 PM
if you dont mind chris, what happened?

hagakure
01-19-2005, 01:03 PM
saying "what happened" may not be in Chris' best interest...follow?

Good luck Chris, glad you are well, hope everything works out the way you want.

Percy

Macky
01-19-2005, 01:44 PM
thats why i asked first :wink:

*chris*
01-19-2005, 01:46 PM
the CHP think you did this on purpose!? wow. :?

glad to hear you made it out 'relatively' unharmed. good luck with getting it all sorted out.

Coolguy949
01-19-2005, 03:36 PM
the CHP think you did this on purpose!? wow. :?

Yeah seriously.......people love getting in car accidents.... :? :roll:

Same thing happened with my accident, the guy told me since i had a big wing and a "racy" car it's hard to beleive i was exercising self control when driving. What sucks is that when a cop is convinced within himself, it's hard to disprove it.

Rob

SkunkyEvolution
01-19-2005, 03:52 PM
wow, a very unfortunate accident, with a happy ending, glad to hear you werent seriously injured or killed. good luck with the whole insurance and investigation thing

gevo
01-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Let me tell you guys – it was serious.. George (gevo) and I were whizzing down the highway and we saw the wreck 2-3 min after it happened.. I saw a light shining through some mesh wheels (which were about 7 feet in the air at the time) and I knew it was Chris.. I was sick to my stomach by the time we got back to him. I thought he was dead for sure- the drivers side crushed in, parts everywhere.. But then hooo raa himself jumped out from behind the wreck bleeding from the head. Make no mistake- he’s lucky he didn't drive the Honda.

There were parts of the wing embedded in the ground so deep that I couldn’t pull them out.. And I'm a big guy.. Chris is too, and I'm not sure how he managed to crawl out- the windows were crushed down to about 8-10 inches. Not one square foot of the car was left untouched, scraped, bent or crushed.

Oh well, hes ok- that’s the best part. Makes you think- 5 mins before that we were all bench racing.. I'm going to do this, I’ve done that so now I'm going to buy this..blab la bla- then all of the sudden, were all hoping he can walk, he can think, he’s alive.

On a side note- Mercy Hospital er system sucks. We were told he wasn’t in there for an hour before we found out he was... 30 feet from the front desk.
:roll:

Ditto what Scott said. I felt sick to my stomach when we pulled back around to his car. When we saw him walking around it was a tremendous relief. I'm so glad you're okay Chris.

snoop
01-19-2005, 04:38 PM
What I saw last night I will never forget. When I saw the car flipped over my heart dropped. All four wheels were in the air and I wanted to know if Chris was OK. The roof had caved a little on driver’s side and I didn't think Chris would be able to get out. When I saw that he was OK and out the car I was a relieved. He was looking for his cell phone. This was before CHP came. I called his cell phone and saw it light up inside and climbed into car to get it. I am 5''7 and 150 pound and I could barely fit through the window frame that had been crushed and can't believe Chris was able to get out. We went to hospital and we were more relieved that he checked out ok. If Chris didn't have his seat belt on he would not have so lucky. I am so happy he is OK.

*chris*
01-19-2005, 04:45 PM
yah rob ...i know i love dealing with insurance companies, other hysterical people, cops, etc during these types of events. :? CHP so STUPID.

Thedread
01-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Damn man, glad to know you have survived and can build an Evo another day. Hope all goes well with cops and insurance.

tama_mog
01-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Best wishes Chris. I hope things turn out ok for you.

subgraphic
01-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Official post crash pics will be posted this evening....

Saw Chris this afternoon- hes sore but doing fine.

ShangTsung
01-19-2005, 05:45 PM
saying "what happened" may not be in Chris' best interest...follow?
Percy

There should be paint marks from the other guy's car. But without any details who knows.

Chris in SD
01-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Cliff notes' version of what happened:

I got on the onramp behind white Accord wagon

I got into the left lane while the Accord was in the right lane through an "S" curve-type onramp.

As we were making the final right turn of the "S", white Accord crossed into my lane.

I accelerated to avoid him, I believe I got clipped and put into a slide. I tried to correct the slide, but I hit that curb and flipped.

End of story.

grico42
01-19-2005, 11:35 PM
just glad your ok man!

Paul Kendall
01-20-2005, 12:01 AM
This is deffinatly very bad news I hung out with you guys at the JGTC event and your all cool in my book Just knowing you for that little bit of time woud have messed me up if results were any more serious. take care of your self and we will see ya soon.

robi
01-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Damn chris you really messed up your car! (so when do you get a full cage for the s2K? Glad to here your ok..Hope your 100% soon.

SolarXclipse
01-20-2005, 02:39 AM
So glad youre ok, Chris. So sorry for what happened to your car. Me and my wife got shocked when we heard it from my AE86 buddy that called me asking me if I was alright because he thought I was the one who got into accident. It was just about the same time you left when we left Fusion. Get well soon and hopefully your insurance covers everything.
Noel

ovenmit331
01-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Official post crash pics will be posted this evening....

Saw Chris this afternoon- hes sore but doing fine.

Pics?

*EDIT* they're found here (http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=83635#83635)

And Chris, keep us informed on anything you can. witnesses who saw it, what CHP claims happened, all that stuff...

Chris in SD
01-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Late update:

My insurance company (AAA of SoCal) is treating my accident as an uninsured motorist incident. This means they concur that someone (where are you white Accord wagon???) tapped me in the rear and knocked me into my fateful slide. There was a white paint swipe on my right rear corner that also got some chain link fence. They are also going to pro-rate my mods for wear and tear which will help big-time. Like I said before, keep your receipts.

I am doing fine, but I drive like a granny now. Funny how a big crash will do that to you... If it had happened on the track, I wouldn't have cared, but for it to happen in the circumstances they did... :shock:

gevo
01-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Late update:

My insurance company (AAA of SoCal) is treating my accident as an uninsured motorist incident. This means they concur that someone (where are you white Accord wagon???) tapped me in the rear and knocked me into my fateful slide. There was a white paint swipe on my right rear corner that also got some chain link fence. They are also going to pro-rate my mods for wear and tear which will help big-time. Like I said before, keep your receipts.

I am doing fine, but I drive like a granny now. Funny how a big crash will do that to you... If it had happened on the track, I wouldn't have cared, but for it to happen in the circumstances they did... :shock:

That's good to hear. If I were you I would have been really stressed out while waiting for an answer from ins.

SEEYACOPPER
01-25-2005, 04:55 PM
I've never met you big dog but i've seen your posts, So glad your ok, we've all had our accidents, (mind drifts to crash in the canyons in a jetta)
Good thing you were wearing your seatbelt. if you need a good accident lawer i have the one of the best. hit me up and ill hook you up with his name and number, He's a good friend and will probably take you pro bono
once again dude Stay up

subgraphic
01-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Late update:

Thats awesome mang. :buds: :buds:

cas909
01-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Damn Chris you are one lucker mothertrucker!! Im glad you made it out ok and that AAA is taking care of you. Take care bro!!!

EvoRution
01-25-2005, 06:44 PM
so what's next? MR? Evo 9? Accord station wagon?

gofaster87
01-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Were there any witnesses to the car that hit you? You would think someone would have gotten a plate. Not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Chris in SD
01-25-2005, 06:46 PM
so what's next? Accord station wagon?

There's always a joker...

Actually, I'm driving my S2K for now - waiting for the next GT-R in '08.

gofaster87
01-25-2005, 06:49 PM

Get an old mitsu truck and drop a 4g in it. Would scare the shit out of people just like the rotaries in the old mazda trucks.

Evo-8
01-26-2005, 05:54 PM
OMG! Who would beat up the shit talkers on the forum if something happened to u? That was a close one. Glad ur ok.

gevo
01-26-2005, 06:08 PM
OMG! Who would beat up the shit talkers on the forum if something happened to u? That was a close one. Glad ur ok.

:lol:

moogle
01-26-2005, 08:33 PM

I am waiting for that sucker 2.

:lol: