PDA

View Full Version : Im 16(almost 17) and i want a evo!!!

IWantEvoIX
01-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Im just wondering should i get one cause i was gonna get out a loan for one cause i love mitsubishi and evos are just so damn sexy. or should i wait and get a evo ix. lemmie know what u think.
Thanks
P.S. if anyone wants to buy some starions plz do

Blaze
01-19-2005, 08:34 PM

Imma run out rightz now and buyz me two o' dem Starions right now!

Macky
01-19-2005, 08:38 PM
is this gonna be your first car? if so, i suggest a different car - for your safety.

DTunedEvoX
01-19-2005, 08:39 PM
is this gonna be your first car? if so, i suggest a different car - for your safety.

And perhaps the safety of others ... :)

j_nizzle
01-19-2005, 08:52 PM
someone is trying to pull a mini-me!
i worked my ass off to buy my car so if mommy/daddy are giving you money for this car i suggest you turn and run toward a honda or since you love mitsu a used dsm. IMHO, this shouldnt be your first car like macky said. experience is key in owning, understanding, and respecting something like an evo. too many people run out and buy this car and abuse it. but hell, if you have the money and think you have the balls, more power to you and good luck.

Macky
01-19-2005, 09:02 PM
get some experience in a dsm first, since the basic evo fundamentals (awd, 4G63T) are there. if you get experience and know-how, then graduate to the evo.

most 1st-time evo buyers, in all honesty, dont know what they're getting into until its too late and they've f***ed up the car. seriously.

Boosted
01-19-2005, 10:20 PM
do you like the fast and furious?

rammsteinmatt
01-19-2005, 10:56 PM

ooo, ya :roll: gotta get me some NAWS lol

ultraflip
01-19-2005, 11:04 PM
you should get a wrx and drive their insurance rates up instead of ours

sidoze
01-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Im just wondering should i get one cause i was gonna get out a loan for one cause i love mitsubishi and evos are just so damn sexy. or should i wait and get a evo ix. lemmie know what u think.
Thanks

Wait till your 20, drive something slow until then. Unless you grew up in fast stuff like I did....I've seen so many young ones die at the hand of boost, it'll just be too tempting. And regardless of what your telling yourself, you know absolutely nothing about driving. Even ol' number 3, Dale Earnhardt, with THOUSANDs of REAL track hours at the end of the day couldn't keep control either...

Macky
01-19-2005, 11:28 PM
And regardless of what your telling yourself, you know absolutely nothing about driving.

that is the smartest thing ive heard about this particular topic :wink:

IWantEvoIX
01-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Wow im really supprised i just put that up like 1 hour ago and this many already. Well to BlazeGT4 here is my aim naem IM me and u can buy mine i will give u a fatty discount to because i dunno i love evos lol. But also to all u doubting my boost controlling abilities i dont know if u all know what a starion is but i have plenty experience with boost. and also this would be my 3rd car i just want an newer car mainly its just that an evo would be preferable... :D i have had 2 starions and both broke down. My first one i wont get rid of even thought it dont work and teh second one will finally be fixed tomaarow. I also love cars especially mitsu's. Plus i have been around a twin turbo FD so i can deffinetly take car of a car. So yea what now lol.
Bryan
P.s. lol i do this to much but dude Boosted ST why lol that is so sick dude and i totally agree and maybe i should buy a wrx and drive up the insurance rates lol

Macky
01-19-2005, 11:59 PM
i know what a starion is, growing up in the 3/S community, i should know.

Starion = grandfather of the 3000GT/GTO and the Evolution Lancer :wink:

IWantEvoIX
01-20-2005, 12:17 AM
thats right grandfather the starion started it all. lol i dont know what happend to the rear wheel drive thing thought lol

leaveit2bevo
01-20-2005, 12:27 AM
this is a joke, its probally renzo or something.

Evo-8
01-20-2005, 04:15 AM
this is a joke, its probally renzo or something.

i hope so.

to the new guy. DO NOT buy an evo. I have to admit i dont think im fit to own one myself. I'm 20 and have been driving since 15. I have some decent track experience and i have to say. it is NOT easy controlling yourself in one of these. They are not toys and they are not cars. They are power machines and should be respected like 3200 lb death traps that do 0-60 in under 4 seconds. If u want my honest to god opinion, dont get it.

BUT, if u do want one. BUY MINE! im having a slight tranny noise problem at the moment but im getting it repaired. once its fixed its up for sale. Ill let it go for 25000. very nice customization and decent mod list. 21k miles. check out my gallery and www.evilution8.net for pics.

apexstrafer
01-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Im just wondering should i get one

NO.

tama_mog
01-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Give the guy a break, I dun think anyone knows him to pass a judgement on this. If he wants an evo and he has the funds to do it....all the power to him. It's the same with any car, either a geo metro, an evo, a porsche whatever.....just drive safely and respect your car and others around you.

Absinthe
01-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Get what you want kid, just get a lot of insurance and take a driving class, people are talking bout the EVO like its a gxr1000, its not that dangerous or hard to drive.

gevo
01-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Get what you want kid, just get a lot of insurance and take a driving class, people are talking bout the EVO like its a gxr1000, its not that dangerous or hard to drive.

leaveit2bevo
01-20-2005, 05:33 PM

I could ride a gxr1000 with my eyes closed. :shock: 8)

Eckolaker
01-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Wow im really supprised i just put that up like 1 hour ago and this many already. Well to BlazeGT4 here is my aim naem IM me and u can buy mine i will give u a fatty discount to because i dunno i love evos lol. But also to all u doubting my boost controlling abilities i dont know if u all know what a starion is but i have plenty experience with boost. and also this would be my 3rd car i just want an newer car mainly its just that an evo would be preferable... :D i have had 2 starions and both broke down. My first one i wont get rid of even thought it dont work and teh second one will finally be fixed tomaarow. I also love cars especially mitsu's. Plus i have been around a twin turbo FD so i can deffinetly take car of a car. So yea what now lol.
Bryan
P.s. lol i do this to much but dude Boosted ST why lol that is so sick dude and i totally agree and maybe i should buy a wrx and drive up the insurance rates lol

In all honestly everyone here has given some really sound advice. At 17, I dont care how many cars you have driven. You dont know shit. Trust me when I tell you(as I just bought my first Evo two weeks ago) This isnt like any other car on the road, boost control is barely scratching the surface. This car takes alot of getting used to and experience.

Obviously no one can stop you from buying the car, but it would be in your best intereset to wait. Especially if you plan on keeping the car.
I guess a few 100+ MPH speeding tickets would change your mind.

Absinthe
01-20-2005, 06:01 PM

I could ride a gxr1000 with my eyes closed. :shock: 8)

probably would be an improvement over how you drive...

lagggyevo
01-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Go get the Evo!! That's what you want, Go for it!!

IWantEvoIX
01-20-2005, 10:07 PM
well thank u to those of u who dont care lol but yea u all gave some damn goo points so i dunno maybe i will wait even thought i love it so muych i know its a hard car to drive and im not in the position right now maybe ill just get some other cars and practice driving in 4 wheel drive in a wegary or something lol thanks all
Bryan

leaveit2bevo
01-21-2005, 01:21 AM
its got to be a joke, judging by the spelling its goku

moogle
01-21-2005, 02:23 AM
get a fwd car and beat the living shit out of it by taking it hard. IF you can master fwd the awd evo is going to be a sinch.

WavMixer
01-21-2005, 09:54 AM

ooo, ya :roll: gotta get me some NAWS lol2 bottles, big ones!

Evo-8
01-21-2005, 01:15 PM
do not buy it. Unless your rich, which ur not cuz ur 16. If ur daddy is rich as hell and he wouldnt mind paying $10,000+ a year for ur insurance dont get it. insurance on this car is NOT cheap ESPECIALLY when u start getting tickets. btw the $10,000 is not an exageration.

GokuSSJ4
01-21-2005, 01:25 PM
its got to be a joke, judging by the spelling its goku

bah !!!! lay off the drugs Bevo

tama_mog
01-21-2005, 01:35 PM
funny my insurance is cheaper than hell on this car....it's classified as a family 4 door sedan. *shrug*

Evo-8
01-21-2005, 01:53 PM
funny my insurance is cheaper than hell on this car....it's classified as a family 4 door sedan. *shrug*

Then ur insurance company is retarded. Plz post what company u are with cuz every other company i have checked have it classified as a Risk Factor 25H. 27 is the maximum and the H= high performance = add 2-3 risk points. Basically highest risk factor car in the USA.

Again, what company are u with? Cuz with my moms good driving discount she has to pay 1300 a year for the evo. So i have her insure it and i pay her lol. Take THAT stupid insurance companies! Otherwise my rate on the evo is almost $9000 a year.

tama_mog
01-21-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm with AAA. And I pay about 1100 to insure the evo. *shrug*

toku-one
01-21-2005, 02:00 PM
dont worry, tama.. im with you
i only pay $11 more a month for the evo than i did for my 96 gst.
and thats cause i have an out of state point on my license that they found when i added the car... once that clears in may its $8 cheaper a month.

im currently paying 1700 a year.

gofaster87
01-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Age has a lot to do with rates as well. With a clean record Im only paying 850 a year. For those that say this shouldnt be a first car, comon. Theres no such thing as a certain first car. If he can afford it, shit go for it. My first car was a supra and thats becasue I worked my ass off for it. Im still alive and Im pretty sure I havent killed anyone on the road yet. So lay off the fatherhood trip.

CT9A RS
01-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeah lol people freaking out way too much. Yeah its got a lot of power but its also AWD which is pretty easy to handle on the street. And its a lot more forgiving than say RWD. Of course a honda civic or integra would really be ideal for a kid to start off on. But the EVO is not too bad.

insurance isnt all that bad if the kid goes under his parents insurance. Im back under my parents and mine is only 1400 a yr. And with my history that is dirt cheap. Consider insurance has payed out over 100k because of my previous altercations. But 16 and an evo is early. Im 21 in a month and a half. But yeah my insurance classes the EVO as a sports car. Im with USAA.

Macky
01-22-2005, 10:54 AM
bottom line is an Evo is too much car for a 16/17/18 year old. we were all just voicing our concerns. but its ultimately up to him whether he buys one or not.

good advice is nothing if you dont listen to it. kinda like what Boosted did to another owner on another thread here.

leaveit2bevo
01-22-2005, 11:03 AM
I was 18 when I got my evo im still alive had it for almost a year and a half.

moogle
01-22-2005, 11:06 AM
So lay off the fatherhood trip.

I agree with not telling him he shouldn't get an evo, but I also agree with evo-8 and other.

One insurance is a bitch. I *finally* have a clean record and my insurance is still high. it went from 220 to 180, and u met me I am a young lad.

Two I had a turbo eclipse and going from that to an evo is a big difference, from a starion to a evo, and being 16...mmm..

three if his daddy's buying than O-wellz, there's not much we can say and hope that he drives safe.

nine4surfah
01-22-2005, 11:20 AM
It's your dad's money...why settle for less just get the EVO!! Make it an MR too. Im sure papa warbucks can spot you the extra insurance cash too if he's willing to buy a 33k car. There was a 16yo kid on evom.net that wrecked his brand new MR shortly after purchasing it. Sad thing was he purchased the MR from the money he inheritted from his dad's passing.......When you actually pay for your own toys you really begin to appreciate its value. GO FOR IT and drive SAFELY!

turbolarry
01-22-2005, 03:03 PM
well thank u to those of u who dont care lol but yea u all gave some damn goo points so i dunno maybe i will wait even thought i love it so muych i know its a hard car to drive and im not in the position right now maybe ill just get some other cars and practice driving in 4 wheel drive in a wegary or something lol thanks all
Bryan

Bryan don't listen to these guys. If you really want an Evo, get it. Even if something does go terribly wrong, we'll help you out. So many of us I know will help you recover your losses by buying your parts.
:D

jeansandjacks
01-22-2005, 03:51 PM
if your dads got money have him send you to skip barber car control clinic before you get the car, (and use my name, it gets me $100 off my next lapping day) that way youll learn great car control and get to beat the piss out of the new vipers.

nijikon5
01-23-2005, 02:00 AM
There are a ton of very young Evo owners out there. The thing is.. the majority of them who stay out of trouble are the ones who don't go on the forums spamming that they've barely received there first period and ready to buy an Evo. The Evo 99.9% of the time is WAY too sporty of a car for a 16 year old, but if that is your choice, then so be it. Just remember that the roads we commute on are public and driving like a retard GT-R might hurt other innocent people... It's ok to be a young evolution owner if you act responsible and use good judgement. Most people however will get the a bad impression if you do things like.. post on this forum with a " HU HU HU, I AM 16 n rdy to BUY EVO KEKEEKEKEKEKE".

evo mr
01-23-2005, 02:36 AM
Dont fucking listen to this guys i am bearly seventeen and i drive a MR their are jelous cause they did not drive a evo wen thay were teenagers as we are wet the evo becarful with clutch thats my advice learn clutch if you know clutch get it :D

Chris in SD
01-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Dont fucking listen to this guys i am bearly seventeen and i drive a MR their are jelous cause they did not drive a evo wen thay were teenagers as we are wet the evo becarful with clutch thats my advice learn clutch if you know clutch get it :D

Utterly brilliant...

Yep, we're all jealous. It would have nothing to do with:

Concern for your life
Concern for the lives of others
Concern for rising insurance costs

Ad nauseum

This kind of reply is PRECISELY why you have been receiving the advice given. Maturity, not age, is a huge factor, however nothing replaces real-world seat time.

GokuSSJ4
01-23-2005, 02:51 AM

since when i was 17 they had evo's available :? :?
like most peeps have said it before and you can askmost parents why give a kid a 30k responsability if they dont appreciate it.
If you have the money and your parents support you then go for it !!!
end of story :roll:

itsmeeeugene
01-23-2005, 03:00 AM

like most peeps have said it before and you can askmost parents why give a kid a 30k responsability if they dont appreciate it.

Seems like evomr needs to have their parents take all that money they have and also get u some tutoring, because obviously your english skills are horrible. :shock:

leaveit2bevo
01-23-2005, 12:34 PM

like he would take advise from sombody who put a t67 turbo on a evo and wants to run cartoon anti-lag setup for street :roll:

Cr0mster
01-23-2005, 12:44 PM

Seems like evomr needs to have their parents take all that money they have and also get u some tutoring, because obviously your english skills are horrible. :shock:

gofaster87
01-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Please stop this gay thread. It keeps popping up on my screen

gevo
01-23-2005, 01:22 PM

rammsteinmatt
01-23-2005, 01:24 PM

i think this thread has been answered at least 10 times; the horror, the horror (see i am well read :))

The Emperor
01-23-2005, 02:25 PM
man, if you want the car, and dad is going to pay for it, just appreciate what he will give you. i mean my dad bought my car when i was 16 and i want to settle for something cheap. And everyday i treat it as if i bought my car. All you got yo do is appreciate.

and Knowing that you have a fast car, please dont be cocky and show off.

HoboFred
02-09-2005, 12:44 PM
I feel compelled to respond. yes i am a young driver, 18 to be exact. However from everything I have seen here and EvoM the general consensus is that us younger kids really are not mature at all. Sadly most of the reply posts by my age group has done nothing but give credit to this idea. Anyways my point in this post is to show the rest of you guys that there are level headed young drivers, and yes I do believe myself to be a levelheaded driver who at least somewhat understands driving. I've been driving for just about two years now (no accidents or tickets) with my first car being a 95 Eclipse GST (whose tranny gave out :( ) and just recently purchased a 05 Electric Blue EVO GSR (500 under invoice too) with my parents. I know you guys at this point are probably thinking that I can not possibly appreciate the car because I did not pay for it but I did pay for 10k of it from money I earned over 2 years of work and capital gains from stock investments in my parents names. I guess if anything I am posting this more so in hopes that you guys will accept me as a fellow member instead of bashing me as I have seen happen way to often on EvoM because I'd love to meet people with the same passion for cars as I have. Thanks, and if there are any grammar errors that you would like to point out and use as a reason to judge my maturity I think that's just lame.

ovenmit331
02-09-2005, 12:48 PM
and if there are any grammar errors that you would like to point out and use as a reason to judge my maturity I think that's just lame.

Thats hilarious...

leaveit2bevo
02-09-2005, 12:58 PM
omg I cant believe that kid brought this thread back to life :roll:

HoboFred
02-09-2005, 01:01 PM
well I am not so much talking about what the original thread was about, and I didn't realize it was from Jan 23rd...sorry about that

tama_mog
02-09-2005, 01:01 PM
.....this thread has gotten out of hand.....I don't care how mature kids think they are because everyone down the line thinks back and said "damn, I was an immature moron back then etc etc etc." Bottom line, it doesn't matter if your parents payed for the car, it doesn't matter if you paid for it yourself, hell it doesn't even matter if you stole it. Just try to drive the car sensibly and respect others on the road. The end.

gofaster87
02-09-2005, 01:03 PM
.....this thread has gotten out of hand.....I don't care how mature kids think they are because everyone down the line thinks back and said "damn, I was an immature moron back then etc etc etc." Bottom line, it doesn't matter if your parents payed for the car, it doesn't matter if you paid for it yourself, hell it doesn't even matter if you stole it. Just try to drive the car sensibly and respect others on the road. The end.

Yea, be resonsible like Shin. Hes a model evo owner.

GokuSSJ4
02-09-2005, 01:11 PM

kid !!?? arent you the same age as him ??

toku-one
02-09-2005, 01:33 PM
im 27 and i dont act a day older than bevo

leaveit2bevo
02-09-2005, 09:18 PM

kid !!?? arent you the same age as him ??

because me calling him a kid represnts my age right? :roll:

gofaster87
02-09-2005, 09:28 PM

Since this thread keeps getting resurrected, Ill say something. Jealous? You have to be kidding. Go home little man.