PDA

View Full Version : The EVO! SHES ALIVE!

Evo-8
01-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Ok so i posted before about the car making an insane sound when flooring it in 1st or second gear. I just got back from the dealership. We changed the oil in the t-case and Vwalah! Fixed. No problem, no sound. GOD DAMN it's good to have my baby back. I havnt been able to drive it for 2 months cuz i didnt wanna drive it before fixing it.

kimletrim
01-20-2005, 11:29 PM
So it was just the transfer case fluid that caused the noise? If it was stock fluid, this should not have happened. even with signficant mileage on the care. Be careful, might be something else.

On the other hand, if there was some other fluid used, that might have cured your problem. I had a similar experience when I tried a different fluid and I heard noises in first gear. Dealer put stock fluids back in and I was off and running again.

moogle
01-21-2005, 02:25 AM
a little off topic, but I use royal purple tranny oil and I thought I got a new tranny. It was way smoother. I never had a sound from my t-case or tranny.

Boosted
01-21-2005, 02:28 AM
was this covered inder warranty?

Evo-8
01-21-2005, 03:03 AM
was this covered inder warranty?

no. fluid changes arnt covered udner warranty. It was a $150 job but i paid $20 cus i got hooked up. The $20 was a tip.