PDA

View Full Version : Injen intake and hallman mbc

ek9jdmhb
01-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Well today, the ups guy came with my injen intake with Upper i/c piping. I hooked it up as well as my boost controller that was sitting in my room. I got everything hooked up and went for a drive. First drive, the car sounded good. I couldnt find any open roads to boost so I headed to the freeway. On the on ramp, it stayed at 11 psi. I remember reading that some people started at 11 then, turnded the knob till it reached 19, and my cousins car did the same thing when I installed to so Its hooked up correctly. Right before the the exit, I tried boosting again, and when I let off the throttle I heard a poof. My engine died so I pulled over to the side. I popped my hood and The elbow that went to the tb was off. I guess I didnt tighten it that much. I got a screw driver from my car, hooked it back up and went home. Now its too late to fix stuff because Im on my way to watch my friend spin at the knitting factory. Now for the help. Did any have any problems lining up the piping. Im going to double check everything tomorrow morning, but do you guys have any pointers On lining it up? I dont want this to happen again especially since I let my girl drive my car.

turbolarry
01-22-2005, 02:00 PM
[quote="ek9jdmhb" Did any have any problems lining up the piping. Im going to double check everything tomorrow morning, but do you guys have any pointers On lining it up? I dont want this to happen again especially since I let my girl drive my car.[/quote]

If it's not lining up properly;
Put the piping and couplers together without the clamps first. Play with it and rotate the pipes till everything lines up nice, then clamp it. The piping is beaded right?
As far as blowing off hoses;
Use some hair spray; cheap Aqua Net.

kaane
01-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Injen kit couplers included in the kit suck ass, they are way too short to be of any use. Go to RRE buy longer couplers for the interconnecting pieces, it will fix your problems. Mine blew off 3 times. I am not happy with the kit, would not recommend it to anyone for the price!

ek9jdmhb
01-22-2005, 04:17 PM
how much were the ones from rre? Also, what bad things happen to your car when the hose blows off?

Knower
01-22-2005, 09:21 PM
how much were the ones from rre? Also, what bad things happen to your car when the hose blows off?

When the hose blows off nothing really bad happens to your car other than you lose all power because you now have a gigantic boost leak. Just limp it to the side and reconnect it. Fixing the hose clamps by tightening them a bit more, getting better hose clamps or longer/better hose sections (if that's the problem), or using hair spray are all possible solutions.

On the pricing at RRE, search!

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/hoseandclamps.htm

gofaster87
01-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Get t-bolt clamps. Will never blow a hose again. RRE has a nice size selection of them.