PDA

View Full Version : wheezing sound after my evo was fixed from being wrecked?!

analsex
01-22-2005, 07:25 AM
hi everybody. this is my first post, but i have been viewing this forum for more than a year just never bothered to post. well some time in november, i had an accident with my evo. i hit the guardrail at about 80mph due to some idiot with a civic who clipped me. not too much was damamged. just both fenders (mostly right), front bumper, hood, radiator, intercooler, and some other minor stuff as well. but the whole frame was just jacked up. well i had taken it to a body shop for my to get it fixed by my insurance. it took about a month and three weeks to get my car back. it looks perfect and good as new, except that the gap between my bumper and headlights are a little bit wider. but when i started driving it last week, i noticed a "wheezing sound." i really hear it in the first three gears, and barely in fourth, and not at all in fifth. the engine doesnt sound the same as it did. even at idle i kind of here it. its hard to explain the sound that i hear, but it's not normal or how it use to be. any suggestions guys? i was thinking about bringing it back to the body shop to see if they can do something about it but ive been too busy with work and the family. please help. :(

beavis4g63t
01-24-2005, 01:55 PM
check for a boost leak. there are pretty good write ups on the web or any competant shop could handle it for you if you don't want to tackle it yourself.

DTunedEvoX
01-24-2005, 02:08 PM
I dont know how much a "BODY SHOP" can do for anything engine related .. Might just wanna take it to a Mitsu dealer(if you dare) or RRE and see if they can pinpoint your problem .. *shrug* just a suggestion ..

leaveit2bevo
01-24-2005, 02:27 PM
maybe its sick :idea:

Boosted
01-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I would check all your piping sounds like a slight boost leak to me...

perhaps some cough syrup and sleep? have you tried an inhaler?

beavis4g63t
01-25-2005, 12:49 PM
maybe leave it in the garage overnight with a vaporizer?

ScoobySteve
01-25-2005, 04:20 PM
If you hear the wheezing sound through 3rd, then dissipates at 4th then gone at 5th, then that assumes you're shifting out of your powerband through 3rd then slight at 4th. If this is in fact the scnario, more than likely you have a boost leak, or one of your intercooler pipes are not securely fastened or is damaged. Do you have a boost gauge? Check how you spike towards boost, any abnormalities will clarify the wheezing sound, if you don't have one, try driving it, then shift out at redline, if it's an Intercooler piping leak, you'll lose signifcant power, if all else fails rev ur car in neutral and place your hand around the IC piping and check for leaks manually, if you want to, you should take it to a Mitsu dealer, costs an assload, but it ensures warranties work.

evolved
01-25-2005, 04:33 PM
intake piping could make that noise as well, high pitch sucking sound??
could be worth looking at

subgraphic
01-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Your screen name is disgusting and highly offensive. I love it.

:lol:

pretendo21
01-26-2005, 01:32 AM
damn. i kind of have the same problem with my car. we kind of have the same scenario. i just got my car back on friday from an accident. but i dont think it sounds like a "wheezing sound." lol. its more of like a high pitched "toy-r/c sound." like "analsex," my car seems to drive the same. i was going to post something similar to this, good thing "analsex" beat me to it. lol. ill have to consider some of your guys' advice. :wink:

btw - your id name is hilarious. :lol:

gofaster87
01-26-2005, 01:51 AM
You guys just need to to do a boost leak check. Build yourself a testor that fits over the mouth of the turbo and pressurize it. Parts can be bought from home depot or local hardware store. There are a bunch of write ups on the internet on them.

Boosted
01-26-2005, 02:11 AM
maybe leave it in the garage overnight with a vaporizer?

our cars come with that dude its called a ic sprayer