-NEW ALLOYS
-NEW FRONT BUMPER
-MIVEC ENGINE 20%EXTRA TORQUE
-NEW MAGNESIUM TITANIUM TURBO-IMPROVED ENGINE RESPONSE
-CARBON SPOILER
-ALUMINIUM ROOF AND IMPACT BAR

NB.17 INCH WHEELS AND BREMBOS - OPTION THIS YEAR AND ALSO ON GT MODEL
PASS AIRBAG IS AN OPTION

2)GT 5 SPEED GROUP N HOMOLOGATED (1800 UNITS)
AS ABOVE PLUS
-BILSTEIN SUS
-RECARO FULL BUCKET SEATS
-SPORTS ABS

3)GSR 6 SPEED( 5000 UNITS)
AS RS BUT NEW TURBO IS AN OPTION
-AYC
-BILSTEIN SUS
-PROJECTOR FOGS
-LEATHER RECARO BUCKET SEATS
-SPORTS ABS

COLOURS
AS PER LAST YEAR BUT MEDIUM PURPLISH GREY MICA REPLACED WITH BLUE MICA(DESCRIBED AS A KIND OF MIDNIGHT BLUE)

Model CT9A
Engine 4G63 MIVEC Turbo
Spec. 4490mm X 1770mm X 1450mm
Wheel Base 2625mm
Weight RS : 1320kgs GT : 1390kgs GSR : 1410kgs
Gear Ratio GSR : 2.909-1.944-1.434-1.100-0.868-0.693
Final 4.583
GT/RS : 2.785-1.950-1.444-1.096-0.761 Final 4.529
Turbo Charger GT/RS : Magnesium Compressor Turbo
Front LSD Helical type ( all models )
ACD Active Center Differential (all models)
ABS Sport ABS ( GSR/GT )
Brake 13" Brembo ( GSR/GT )
AYC Active Yaw Control ( GSR)
Rear Diff Mechanical LSD (GT/RS)

LEATHER STANDARD????? :shock:

just as an FYI to you guys :wink:

Eckolaker
01-22-2005, 06:52 PM
I was pretty Stoked my 04 came with Leather Recaro seats. Its so Supple.

Macky
01-22-2005, 06:55 PM
yea but i wouldnt want it standard.

US models may have slight trim variances, but this is the way most likely things will be:

RS, GT, GSR models. options would be juggled around on the mid model, while most if not all will be on the top of the line model. i was pretty accurate in nixing out the MR name, as it was just a starting point to sell Mitsubishi's technology, then would eventually filter down (as indicated here) to the future models.

although most likely all US models would have Brembos standard.

Chrison
01-22-2005, 07:20 PM
r those JDM evo updates or USDM evo updates?

Macky
01-22-2005, 07:25 PM
JDM/UKDM, USDM evo specs wont stray much from what these are.

j_nizzle
01-22-2005, 09:11 PM
the 8 looks better anyways. screw evo 9!

nijikon5
01-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Yes, because looks matter much more than performance #s... Think i'm going to get me a M3 GTR bodykit for a civic.

leaveit2bevo
01-23-2005, 02:16 AM
ya if I wanted looks I would have bought a pontiac aztec.

R.E.D
01-23-2005, 02:51 AM
ya if I wanted looks I would have bought a pontiac aztec. :yikes: Oh yeah thats a sexy car!

GokuSSJ4
01-23-2005, 02:52 AM
please don't tell me Macky that you are changing your MR for an Evo IX ??
since you want MIVEC

The Emperor
01-23-2005, 03:42 AM
thats that mean the USDM evo 9 will have AYC??

airforce1
01-23-2005, 07:04 AM
aah...but where are the HP figures??

GokuSSJ4
01-23-2005, 12:25 PM
thats that mean the USDM evo 9 will have AYC??

the specs that macky has posted are for the UK/JDM evos, they all had in the pass AYC .

leaveit2bevo
01-23-2005, 12:35 PM
there are two kinds of people: those with MR and have lost to evo IX and those who will :shock:

hksevo8
01-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks Macky. I am still skeptical to see what the US car will feature. Remember, that we always get screwed with new/revamped model cars the first year of production. DAMN Federal Law!!!!!!!

EVO Neil
01-23-2005, 02:14 PM
there are two kinds of people: those with MR and have lost to evo IX and those who will :shock:

Good one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Macky
01-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks Macky. I am still skeptical to see what the US car will feature. Remember, that we always get screwed with new/revamped model cars the first year of production. DAMN Federal Law!!!!!!!

yep, like i said, these stats are just about 90% of what the US car will be like, and since Mitsu i revamping their lineup to try to make money, i believe this Evo lineup will most likely be as close as the US version.

Macky
01-23-2005, 02:21 PM
since you want MIVEC

nah, i will be keeping the MR - kind of has special meaning (one of the few White MR's, bought on Christmas day, etc.) so for me it has special meaning.

im not gonna trade in the other red Evo since i will be turning that over completely to my brother and let him do as he pleases to it.

im actually saving up for either the Legacy Turbo, Forrester Turbo, or if Mitsu decides to sell it here - the Outlander Turbo. 8)

Boosted
01-23-2005, 02:50 PM
anyone have a connection with any japanese junkyards? cus I would love to pull a japanese 4g63 out of an evo 9 when there out and swap it in... hmmm mivec hehe

QuickShifter
01-23-2005, 02:58 PM

Instant Classic!!!!

G20
01-23-2005, 11:26 PM

I don't think 20 to 40 crank hps on paper for similar cars matter much to the winning/loosing of between the two. Go to the drag and see STi which have almost 30 hps more than the EVO but didn't do as good (stock for stock).

Don't falling too much into marketing stuffs man, just buy it because you really like it. That's all.

Macky
01-23-2005, 11:29 PM
anyone have a connection with any japanese junkyards? cus I would love to pull a japanese 4g63 out of an evo 9 when there out and swap it in... hmmm mivec hehe

they'd have to crash one first.

maybe if some n00b again brags about daddy buying him a 9, and then crashes it shortly thereafter...maybe 8)

leaveit2bevo
01-23-2005, 11:46 PM

I don't think 20 to 40 crank hps on paper for similar cars matter much to the winning/loosing of between the two. Go to the drag and see STi which have almost 30 hps more than the EVO but didn't do as good (stock for stock).

Don't falling too much into marketing stuffs man, just buy it because you really like it. That's all.

Im guessing you have an MR

G20
01-24-2005, 01:00 AM

I have both 03 and MR. Love both. I'll probably like the IX too (I'm an evo lover) but don't like inconclusive statement about them that all.

GokuSSJ4
01-24-2005, 01:59 AM
since you want MIVEC

nah, i will be keeping the MR - kind of has special meaning (one of the few White MR's, bought on Christmas day, etc.) so for me it has special meaning.

im not gonna trade in the other red Evo since i will be turning that over completely to my brother and let him do as he pleases to it.

im actually saving up for either the Legacy Turbo, Forrester Turbo, or if Mitsu decides to sell it here - the Outlander Turbo. 8)

didnt you do an entire thread about how great was having 2 evos, and that having a MR couldnt compare to that :P next thing you are showing pics of your new MR :? :lol:

Macky
01-24-2005, 09:55 AM
well we'll never know then :D

GokuSSJ4
01-24-2005, 10:43 AM

bah !!! next thing Macky will post pics of his new front and rear bumper and his shiny engine saying " MIVEC" :roll:

Macky
01-24-2005, 11:35 AM

bah !!! next thing Macky will post pics of his new front and rear bumper and his shiny engine saying " MIVEC" :roll:

shhhhhh. :wink:

leaveit2bevo
01-24-2005, 12:18 PM

I have both 03 and MR. Love both. I'll probably like the IX too (I'm an evo lover) but don't like inconclusive statement about them that all.

It was a joke that you missed, look at macky sig and youll know what im talking about.

Macky
01-24-2005, 12:27 PM
lol i already changed it bevo, boosted made a different version of it 8)

G20
01-24-2005, 03:34 PM

It was a joke that you missed, look at macky sig and youll know what im talking about.

Cool! Yes, I missed. :D

gofaster87
01-24-2005, 07:29 PM

The only time Ill see the Mivec is in my rear view mirror.

j_nizzle
01-24-2005, 08:12 PM

they'd have to crash one first.

maybe if some n00b again brags about daddy buying him a 9, and then crashes it shortly thereafter...maybe 8)

wheres IWantEvoIX? i think he'd argue with that one.

trinydex
01-24-2005, 08:58 PM
didn't chris say something about the 9 having an aluminum block... that's not in the spec sheet anywhere is it?

CT9A RS
01-25-2005, 02:19 PM
the aluminum block thing is probably just common association with the mivec engine. Correct me if im wrong im jus talkin out of my ass but it would make sense.

EvoRution
01-25-2005, 07:44 PM
I think I'm going to stop buying stuff all together.

I get an 03 GSR. 04 RS comes out. Before I can even think about trading up to an RS, 05 GSR/RS and MR come out. Now that I've waded through enough amortization calculations to figure out how much I will lose by trading in my 03 for an MR, the 9 comes out.

If mitsubishi lasts another year, the 07s will come out. 2007 MR with tartar control mivec.

Its the same feeling I get when I'm looking at my 6 month old $399 Radeon 9800XT that's already two generations behind.

Either I need to buy faster or wait until mitsubishi goes out of business, and then buy the last damn car that comes off the assembly line.

kipper215
01-25-2005, 08:14 PM
just buy a turblow kit. i wouldn't trade my car in. the 9 in the last of the line of 8 body style. the limited production of the 8 will make the car a value in the years to come. you will lose BIG time on a trade in. 40K for the 9MR :shock: that's 10K more than what i paid for my ride. it would be a dumb move to sale your ride for less than 29k. IMO.