PDA

View Full Version : Walbro Fuel pump:

Vanilla Sky
01-22-2005, 09:51 PM
i installed this thing today and i thought i'd post some little helper notes for those who are lookin to install it themselves...

first off, check out:
http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tPath=3_13&tech_id=9

-you may want to get the optional fuel filter to go along with the pump. you CAN use the OEM filter but getting it off is tedious. it can break, if manhandled. with the new filter all ya gotta do pop it on and plug the new pump into the assembly

-best way to get the OEM filter off is to wedge it out with a tiny flathead screwdriver. go around the little metal washer thing prying it up little by little til it pops off the metal peg. the filter should pop off, wedge a little more with the screwdriver if needed. KEEP the metal thing, you'll use it on the walbro

-run the tank down as much as you can... let the light come on and then drive a few miles. drive a few more after that if you want.

-mark the black metal retaining ring that holds the assembly into place. ex, use a silver sharpie to mark which side of the retaining ring points towards the rear of the car. it'll make it easier when your ready to seal it up in the end

-take your time

thats about it... oh and you may want to grab some bandaids. that sheetmetal is pretty sharp

GokuSSJ4
01-23-2005, 02:44 AM
having the tank almost complete empty would be best as you mention , but even 3/4 or 1/2 is more then enough.